Cultivated Reef

ADA 30c reef

ptboy6

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, cool colors

Thanks. I must admit, those last pictures were manipulated in photoshop to get the best colors out. The original photos were really dark. Shooting under LEDs is tough.

the led doesnt seem to blend all that well...lots of white and blue patches...is it from the shimmer?

Yeah, the blues and whites doesn't quite blend together. Yes the shimmer is pretty crazy with LEDs I believe the bulb is 60 degree optics and they're about 12 inches up. That doesn't blend the colors well.

Love the colors in there! Really want an mp10 awaiting hopefully a 10% off sale somewhere soon so i can pick one up and ditch my koralia 1

Thanks. I believe Thanksgiving is coming up. ;) Just keep checking in the sponsor's section here on N-R.

No doubt.

I can't wait to get my hand on a better camera

Man, those high end cameras are expensive! My friend's 5DMKII is $3k and that lense is about $600. I didn't want to break anything. lol It's a nice camera though.

Nice set up! How do you like that light? I think they look cool when hung from above like that.

Thanks. The light is nice. It's well worth it's value. It runs pretty cool and doesn't use that much electricity. The only thing I didn't like about it is how the blues and whites doesn't blend in. I've read that it happens a lot with LEDs. The shimmer effect is pretty cool but not really that good for pictures.

Nice tank

Thank you.

Your avatar is hilarious. Love that movie. "OK USA!"

Diggin' the tank too. Any updates?

:D No updates really. Just waiting for things to grow. I did however cut up the rainbow yuma. It had spilled it's guts the other day. I suspect that one of the hermit freaked it out and it slimed up. I waited a couple days to see if it would heal. It seemed ok but I noticed the mouth became white and turned into a big hole. I figured if I frag it, it might survive. So far so good. They seem to have closed up the cut today. Keeping my fingers crossed cause it's a nice one.

+1, your zoa/paly collection and that yuma are amazing!

Thanks. I figured with so little room in my tank, I might as well get things that really catches my eyes.

I'm liking this tank! wink.gif

Thank you!. I'll try to keep updates with pictures. Should be some updates after the holiday sales. :D

:D No updates really. Just waiting for things to grow. I did however cut up the rainbow yuma. It had spilled it's guts the other day. I suspect that one of the hermit freaked it out and it slimed up. I waited a couple days to see if it would heal. It seemed ok but I noticed the mouth became white and turned into a big hole. I figured if I frag it, it might survive. So far so good. They seem to have closed up the cut today. Keeping my fingers crossed cause it's a nice one.

You should send me one of them :D

You should send me one of them :D
It's a shame about your Yuma, I hope you can save it!

LOL I'll see if they survive first. keeping my fingers crossed. If anyone recommends anything I can do to increase success rate, please advise.

Nice looking tank. Btw your signature is Great :P made me curious about the tank. So yeah here I am not disappointed on clicking it. Those leds are awesome 2.

Nice looking tank. Btw your signature is Great :P made me curious about the tank. So yeah here I am not disappointed on clicking it. Those leds are awesome 2.

Thanks. I made the signature banner like a lil teaser. LOL I'm loving LEDs. They're compact and bright!

I think the rainbow yuma is done for... The 2 halves are just floating around in the cup. They have shrunk to half the size. I'm gonna give it till tomorrow (my weekly WC) to see if there's any signs of life.

Update:

Just recieved my order from Cultivated Reef.com yesterday. They have some killer deals. They have even better service. :D

I'll take more photos later when everything regains colors(SPS).

6.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh...hahaha. I'm not revealing anything yet. Not until I can set up a tank for it to go over. That baby's sitting nice and warm in it's box. ;)

• 3 months later...

I've been here. Just haven't posted in awhile.

I just picked up those blastos like 2 days ago. lol I should be getting a sick acan this weekend. I'll post pics when I do.

I'll frag you a couple heads when they grow out.

buddythelion
It's been awhile since I've updated. I've picked up a few nice corals and thought I would share. :D

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

That blue and red blasto... I want moar pics of it please.

You asked...

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Other blasto...

IMG_0264.jpg

Feeding time...

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

This Oregon Mummy Eyes is so bright my camera won't focus..

IMG_0256.jpg

I don't know what this chalice is but I like it plain...

IMG_0269.jpg

Archived