SaltCritters.com

Wtf is up with these mp10 prices.

SWAG

HecticDialectics
Why do people come here and be so rude.

Expecting a teenager to have a wheel barrel of money.

At this age $30 is a big difference.

Nonsense! When I was 17 I could make $30 a week just by skipping lunch.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics
1. You get a job and contribute to society.

2. Get a cheaper pump (Koralia, Hydor Evolution, Mini-jet, etc.)

3. Ecotech has costs they need to address as well.

4. If it's too expensive, don't buy it. Plain and simple.

Ding ding ding!

I really like option #2. Next thing you know all these people are going to start crying because they can't afford a Ferrari, so they have no way to drive. :lol:

Eh I can see both sides.

As someone else said, people just have limits on what they are willing to spend on something. I realize it's a good pump but my limit is about $200, give or take. Since this is out of my limit I got a koralia instead and I'm happy with that.

Either buy it or don't.

That's why:

1. You get a job and contribute to society.

2. Get a cheaper pump (Koralia, Hydor Evolution, Mini-jet, etc.)

3. Ecotech has costs they need to address as well.

4. If it's too expensive, don't buy it. Plain and simple.

The reason people are being rude is because this thread is a bunch of whining. Yes prices are more expensive than in the past. Yes money is tighter these days. But really?

Do your research before you create 20 ridiculous threads a day that can easily be solved with research. It'll be doing us all a huge favor.

If you know what classes I'm taking,there's no time for a job.

matt_longview

It's not crying because they cannot afford it. They're voicing their opinion because they think the VALUE of the pump isn't worth the PRICE of the pump. The other side is voicing their opinion that they don't want to hear your opinions... which is complete crap because they clicked on a thread titled "what's up with these mp10 prices" and took the time to respond

The real idiots are not the people that are comparing value and price... it's the people crying about everyone else voicing their opinion. Ecotech expects this from possible consumers, because they're a smart company with smart people. It's part of business. If you have money and cannot understand consumers complaining about prices... please feel free to send each of them an mp10, ya know, since money is so easy to come by for you.

Sorry I hurt your feelings lol. Just speakin truth man. We all have our budgets but think about it like this. If you want true wave making a vortech is the cheapest route right now. Sure you could buy a couple korialas and a jbj oceanpulse like I made the mistake of doing an not being happy with it because they're ac motors run on a 60hz syn wave so its one speed all the time, but even that crappy wave making will cost you what 125? Why not wait a couple more weeks until yu can afford the better item. Once again and I quote as many people have said before, save your money and buy the right equipment the first time so you don't end up with a closet full of equipment no one wants. And another quote....do your research before buying anything for a tank, do it once do it right. Once again sorry I have offended you, but this is not a cheap hobby.

And as far as customers complaining? I deal with it every day selling RedBull, #### in 95 we sold 8.4oz cases for 22.50, now we sell them for 34. We have deals for certain companies ect ect, but in the end stores still want our product because of the profit margin and the fact its an enjoyable/useful product and people buy it...even though the cost has gone up...just like gas we complain all the time, but we need it for transportation. Some people buy regular some buy premium. Just like an aquarium we all need flow, but what you use for flow is your choice.

Seriously, being a teen doesn't give you permission to whine. Save your money up, it'll teach you some money management skills, which you apparently NEED if $30 is a big deal for you -_-

I still plan on getting 2 mp10es's, no need to sync them up for me if i'm using them to maximize the random flow in my tank

It's not crying because they cannot afford it. They're voicing their opinion because they think the VALUE of the pump isn't worth the PRICE of the pump. The other side is voicing their opinion that they don't want to hear your opinions... which is complete crap because they clicked on a thread titled "what's up with these mp10 prices" and took the time to respond

The real idiots are not the people that are comparing value and price... it's the people crying about everyone else voicing their opinion. Ecotech expects this from possible consumers, because they're a smart company with smart people. It's part of business. If you have money and cannot understand consumers complaining about prices... please feel free to send each of them an mp10, ya know, since money is so easy to come by for you.

I'm not an idiot because I don't have an MP10 myself. It's not that I can't afford it, but I spend my money in other ways. People that can't afford a product are fine and are perfectly understandable, but people that whine and ask why the prices are so high are just ridiculous. A business is a business and they will raise and lower their products' prices according to the want, need, stock, supplies, and work force. A prized product can have a higher price than others, because it is prized and has experience talking behind it.

Again, you get what you pay for. People that cry about prices need to face the fact that whining won't lower the price to what they want. It's all how Ecotech plays the game.

They're great products... Everyone wants one. If you can't afford it then don't buy it. There are other pumps available and who said every reefer was entitled to a vortech? Similar situation in the US, huh? These things shouldn't be seen out of entitlement but as a privilege.

Buying stuff out of your means is why there are so many people in debt and was a huge factor in the housing crisis. No one said you had to buy it... Be responsible with your decisions.

They're great products... Everyone wants one. If you can't afford it then don't buy it. There are other pumps available and who said every reefer was entitled to a vortech? Similar situation in the US, huh? These things shouldn't be seen out of entitlement but as a privilege.

Buying stuff out of your means is why there are so many people in debt and was a huge factor in the housing crisis. No one said you had to buy it... Be responsible with your decisions.

Absolutely positively spot-on.

Don't you guys know???

Obama wants ALL Reefers to have an MP10!!!

LOL. And the Corporate Executive at the table said, that's fine as long as I get 100 of them ;)

I've read all of this thread and can clearly see that I am not the only one needing to get laid.

I can fully understand questioning the price. The price increase does not seem like a big deal... it's the price in general that is to much. Does this mean I can't afford a power head? No. I have never seen any evidence of an mp10 actually being worth the money.

It looks good. I aim for cheap, $25 for koralia 750 PHs. I would pay $100 just for the design of the mp10. Lets review the facts though. It took me a while to get a water flow direction that I liked from my Koralias and the mp10 only has a single direction.

Noone is gonna think anything other than the best thoughts after spending that kinda money on a PH. Even if it were a piece of junk, you would praise it like no other. To do differently would be like rolling up to your friends house in a broke down Ford Pinto painted gold and telling them you payed $20,000 for it.

Do I want one? Absolutely. Will I buy one? Perhaps one day. I've just gotten older and wiser and learned when I am simply throwing money in the trash. Being able to make a wave in an empty tank does not make me want to rush out and buy $700 worth of power heads. What's a single one do when you have a reef tank full of live rock and coral? Make $250 worth or water flow right into the nearest rock?

I'm sure not gonna pay 10x more than a typical PH on the false hope that it is 10x better only to get it home and find out that the "10" was for how many miles they saw my gullible ass coming with my money in my hand.

I've read all of this thread and can clearly see that I am not the only one needing to get laid.

Gross, especially when your avatar is in mind when you read that. :huh:

I don't see why people are bothered by a couple dollars though...

Yeah i have a Koralia powerhead...I can afford an MP10--but would I get it? I can't justify it in my mind, either...it seems like one of those "status" products for reefers like a luxury car or the latest gadgets. It pushes water, but that's all I am really looking for...Vortech pumps probably come with bells and whistles but I'm okay without 'em.

Not to knock anyone who has 'em or the company who makes 'em, it's obviously well-crafted and engineered extremely well.

HecticDialectics

The vast majority of people without a Vortech just couldn't afford a Vortech. It's no big deal. A Kia will get you to work just as well as a BMW. Just stop crying when BMW raises their car prices $1500 every year and some people buy them anyway. It'll make you look bitter and pathetic.

Yeah i have a Koralia powerhead...I can afford an MP10--but would I get it? I can't justify it in my mind, either...it seems like one of those "status" products for reefers like a luxury car or the latest gadgets. It pushes water, but that's all I am really looking for...Vortech pumps probably come with bells and whistles but I'm okay without 'em.

Well a Koralia is like three times the size of a Vortech, so there's that, I guess. Sleek sex appeal isn't for everyone. Some people don't care how hot their tanks are. They just want stuff to be able to live in it. That's fine.

HecticDialectics
You're a really cruel person. You get your panties in a twist at people for complaining about the price of a Vortech, then step on them with the heel of your shoe with backhand snide remarks if they run a Koralia. Congrats, you have a Vortech and a 32k post count (nice life), I bow to the almighty. Please, look in the mirror and reevaluate how you treat people.

Egomaniacs run amock here these days. I give up, back to the big boy site where people communicate like adults. Doubt I'll be missed, play nice children.

If you're going to run a Koralia and not buy (even tho you can supposedly afford) a Vortech, then you should be more than confident in your choice. In such a case, my comment about the lack of sex appeal in Koralias should not cause you so much pain. :huh: You should have already come to terms with having a big bulky powerhead in your tank.

Why are so many of you "whining about people whining"? :huh:

Don't be mad at a business for being a business. If they raised prices because of materials... great. If they raised prices because they think a $15 hike will cause less than 1 in 6 or 7 potential buyers to back out so they'll make a larger profit margin then that's still a great business decision. Either way I'm not glad they raised the price, but I am glad that they're making a great product. While I'm not glad, I'm not upset enough to not buy one. So in my case, their $15 price hike made since for them. If you're upset, you get to choose not to buy their product... if enough people do that, they'd have to lower their price.

On the other side. Someone complaining about a price being too high is their right as a consumer. The company knew that was going to happen when they raised the price. Just like a business has a right to be a business, a consumer has a right to be a consumer. They chose not to spend their money because of the price increase. Then they chose to voice their opinion on an appropriate medium. Why bash the business? Why bash the consumer? Ya'll obviously didn't take marketing... ;-)

+1

Don't know..... But I think nano-paul works for ecotech???? :lol:

No, but I am a Ecotech dealer so I do know just a little about it.

I also have enough experience in business and R&D to know what things cost to get them going.

JeffYoshiyuki

The way I see it is.

Do I want to spend 250$+dollars for something that pushes water? #### no.

I have the money to buy a vortech but there's no way I'm gonna pay $250+ dollars for something that pushes water lol

You guys are funny

Archived