ReefCleaners.org

Wtf is up with these mp10 prices.

SWAG

Finally Gathered up enough spare money for an mp10w and was about to buy one but these things are like $285...?

Wernt they a little cheaper last month?

Anyone know if the prices will drop?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have the MP10 ES here for $235. It's the 10w ES that's $285

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/prod...fm?pcatid=22039

Just saw you are looking for the 10w ES. But what's the difference between the two? Looking at the quick stats on fosterandsmith, they look the same.

Gonna buy another one later on in the future for my 40b and put those bad boys together to sync.

The w is the wireless one that has the ability to communicate and work together with the other vortech pumps.assuming you didn't know because you said they are the same.

MP10w ES can communicate with other wireless pumps to sync up and create the same flow, so that you could make a wave or something like that. Check it out on youtube.

Yeah they raised prices, some people have been saying its because of the Radion and that they can now sync up with it and all.

Edit: now seeing your post I guess you'll just have to do it, or save up some more and buy a single MP40 for (at this point) not much more in comparison

You don't need the W ES if you are only going to have one.

You only need the W ES if you plan on getting another one to sync the two together or plan on dropping $750 for their Radion LED fixture. WIth that being said...

WTF IS UP WITH NUBZ NOT PAYING ATTN TO THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MODELS

MP10 (blue box)

MP10 ES (white box ecosmart)

MP10W ES (white box ecosmart + wireless sync)

It's like how a Honda Civic DX is not equal to a Honda Civic LX is not equal to a Honda Civic EX or Si. Effin' A Cotton! If you're going to get on the hype for a product at least do some research on it.

Can we get a 7-day ban for the dumb asses that keep jumping into MP10 sales ads in the classifieds with "I can get that for <$XXX?"

Yeah they raised prices, some people have been saying its because of the Radion and that they can now sync up with it and all.

The fact of the matter is that the costs for "rare earth magnets" have gone up considerably. Hence the jump in price.

why so angry...

Because I think that if someone is going to criticize someone else's selling price for a product that they should at least be educated on what the actual product is, not which one they think it is. As pointed out in my post, they're not all the same.

I find it annoying how many nubz think they're 1337 with their, "That's too much, I can get it new for..." posts. I see a lot of them because I too am in the market for an MP10. It's not just happening here either, it's all over every reef forum out there.

A lot of the caps in my previous posts were for model names with the exception of my parody of the OP's thread title (used to vent my frustration.) I should say that it wasn't directed at SWAG.

As for the 7-day temporary ban suggestion for the "i can haz new cheaper" crowd, I think it would curtail the behavior outlined in the second paragraph of this post.

:flower: Better?

Because I think that if someone is going to criticize someone else's selling price for a product that they should at least be educated on what the actual product is, not which one they think it is. As pointed out in my post, they're not all the same.

As for the 7-day temporary ban suggestion for the "i can haz new cheaper" crowd, I think it would curtail the behavior outlined in the second paragraph of this post.

you know this isnt one of those threads' right? I agree with the rant and everything but this is a strange place to do it. swag is talking about retail prices.

you know this isnt one of those threads' right? I agree with the rant and everything but this is a strange place to do it. swag is talking about retail prices.

+1

I myself am in the market for one but justifying the price tag is rather difficult. As for buying the pump used, I'm a little weary about that. Would Ecotech still warranty the pump if you are the second owner? Saving $40-$50 buying a used pump instead of new one and risking not having it covered under warranty isn't worth it to me...

They warranty the pump to any owner as long as the pump itself is still covered. I have had an MP40 the original, the 10 blue box, bit this tank I really didn't want to spend all that. Trying a middle of the road tunze for the first time. Really loved everything about the vortech though, great pump and don't lose much on resale.

The fact of the matter is that the costs for "rare earth magnets" have gone up considerably. Hence the jump in price.

This

Price adjustments are always about cost. They are not out to get you guys as consumers or raising the prices just for fun.

Although the features are great, what has me hooked is the sleek design! I had a K1 in my JBJ28 and it was an eyesore!

To be honest the K1 are really outdated now, you can use the much smaller 425 nano and push the same amount of water with almost half the form factor. Also check out the Tunze PH.

Good deals are out there on used mp10's.

I just bought an mp10 on this forum last week for $200 shipped. Plus the manufacturer's date was this summer, so I'm confident the warranty should be good.

But as I remember, there was a lot of price bashing going on in that thread as well.

maybe so, but maybe they are also shooting in their own foot. I was about to buy one, now I won't. This price increase is just too much for my budget. If many people put off buying them because of that price increase, then they get the opposite effect I suppose. Oh well...I went with Koralia pumps.

This

Price adjustments are always about cost. They are not out to get you guys as consumers or raising the prices just for fun.

HecticDialectics
Good deals are out there on used mp10's.

I just bought an mp10 on this forum last week for $200 shipped. Plus the manufacturer's date was this summer, so I'm confident the warranty should be good.

But as I remember, there was a lot of price bashing going on in that thread as well.

You can buy one new for $211 shipped :lol:

Big Al's online + NanoReef10 coupon.

You guys are right, this isn't a rant about MP10 classified trolls. The information I provided in my first post is relevant and the rant, unnecessary. I guess I took the opportunity to vent since this thread is related and I found no better place to do it without starting my own thread. Also, this thread has a greater likelihood being seen by those interested in MP10s new or used.

Thrassian Atoll
You can buy one new for $211 shipped :lol:

Big Al's online + NanoReef10 coupon.

I am guessing he bought the W though? Which they still sell for $285 at Big Al's. So around $257 for a new one with the coupon.

Archived