Innovative Marine Aquariums

2G Fluval Spec Pico

Cooperstown07

So as a small update, it looks like the mushroom coral is hurting. All of the polyps have shriveled up considerably in the 5 days they have been in the tank. Water parameters are good, I did a water change even so. I have not been able to see the dottyback picking on them and thought that wouldn't happen anyway.

I am thinking maybe the lighting is too strong for them? I am not sure, the only plan as of now is to lower them in the tiny tank and see if they come around. They may also be getting ready to split off and create more, but if that was the case would all of them being doing that at the same time?

Ideas welcome!

The dottyback is doing well, he is now systematically burrowing into the substrate and then swimming to the top of the tank and spitting mouthfuls of sand over the rocks. No idea why he is doing this, but he seems to be having fun.

my dottyback does this as well. I am not sure what the deal is either.

Cooperstown07

Small update, not much to tell, tank is doing great, no traceable amounts of nitrate, ammonia or nitrites. It is so small there is not much space to continue with but I did acquire a small green metallic mushroom today. Here are a few photos.

post-69986-1320538556_thumb.jpg

post-69986-1320538565_thumb.jpg

post-69986-1320538579_thumb.jpg

more

post-69986-1320538680_thumb.jpg

post-69986-1320538690_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Cooperstown07

Small update. Tank has been up for about two months now give or take, all parameters are right where they need to be. There have been a few additions, the tank is pretty full now, not much you can fit in a 2 gallon.

Xenia coral

Assorted Mushroom Corals (hairy green and metallic green)

Green Star Polyps

Bubble Coral

One hermit crab

Three snails

Dottyback

Gonna have to get a bigger tank soon, thinking maybe the 6 gallon Fluval Edge, or may just jump into a 75 gallon and go full on reef

post-69986-1321730031_thumb.jpg

post-69986-1321730040_thumb.jpg

post-69986-1321730051_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Hard to build up and you've managed to cram a lot of stuff in there. I tend to prefer long tanks, rather than tall. You can fit more things in 'em. Hehehe

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived