ReefCleaners.org

Flexin5's 10 gallon Tank

Flexin5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^thanks!

hope everyone had a good holiday, i took some time off of work and showed the tank some love.

so i had 2 zoa frags that decided to melt. i have no idea why, since everything checks out well; so i went by my local fragger to see if he had anything new or that i diden't get so i can replace the frags i lost. (i lost my sunrise supernovas and my purple ppl eaters)

so i picked up a frag of fire and ice zoa's.

KY0C0118.jpg

a second frag of devil's armour zoa's because i really like they way they glow under light

KY0C0119.jpg

a florida ricordea

KY0C0117.jpg

my friend and i thought that we would try out a sps coral to see how it does so he hooked me up with a montipora frag, it's brown now but it's coloring up purple, hopefully it does well.

KY0C0120.jpg

i also picked up another skunk cleaner shrimp to replace the one that died a while ago. i named him skunk2 (name of a performance car parts company that i have some of their parts on my integra..lol)

KY0C0121.jpg

ontop of all of that i bought the rest of my test kits, i was tired of wondering if something was off in the tank, now i can see for myself, and i got a good deal on a sybon refractometer. sorry forgot to take a FTS. :)

Awww, shucks! :lol:

I'm jelly of that monti, it's going to grow out sweet.

hahahhahah

thanks mang, i'm really hoping that it does good and colors up nice and purple. you can see a bit of purple but not in the pic. if it does good, my buddy has a bunch of different colored frags that i'll pick up, probably a red and a green and a orange one. i wish i could get my hands on a rainbow one tho.

• 2 weeks later...

i have some time before i start work, baby is at grandmas so i thought i'd play with the camera and update this thread :happy:

i picked up another devil's armor and fire and ice zoa frag, loved the way they look in the tank.

devils armor

6648363619_2c9e15e3e6_z.jpg

fire & ice

6648364491_3eb9afea8e_z.jpg

i also picked up another florida ricordea for the bottom

6648365741_5b7159705a_z.jpg

left side of the tank

6648368011_123b9cdebe_z.jpg

middle shot

6648370805_e6a4cf2b41_z.jpg

right side

6648372999_38d52a1d7a_z.jpg

side shot

6648375137_4e89540238_z.jpg

and top

6648376985_ef341185f2_z.jpg

everything seems to be good, im' just trying to work out a low alk (it's at about 5dkh) but it's slowly raising now that i'm dosing for it and there seems to be more growth. i also have two montipora frags because stupid me hit it and broke it off when i was cleaning the tank.. :huh:

Looks great man!

Love that! We accidentally snapped the birdsnest frag I had when I was trying to get it off the frag plug and now I have a tiny frag that is growing for later trading.

Love how clear the tank is.

Looks great man!

Love that! We accidentally snapped the birdsnest frag I had when I was trying to get it off the frag plug and now I have a tiny frag that is growing for later trading.

Love how clear the tank is.

thanks man! when you snapped the birdsnet frag, did you freak out like i did? hahahaha i felt it go snap and was all like OMG %^##$ wtf do i do now?? haha then i realised i still had a frag plug from one of the melted zoas so i just glued it onto that. it seems to be doing good..lol

soo...interesting stuff is going on.

my poor red sea star is dead. :( sucks i really liked it. but that stupid SOB emrald crab has gotten a taste for meat. i saw him chowing down on one of those little slugs and one of those tiny shrimp looking things. the sea star was under the rock in the area that the crab was, and when it came out, one of it's legs was 1/2 gone.

so i moved him onto the sand to see if he was dead, but he wasen't. he climbed onto the glass. later that night i see the emrald crab walk up to him and start to pick him apart. after that the sea star diden't move for like 3 days. he died. :(

so this week the lfs should be getting in more sea stars, and i'm going to pick up 2 of them and return the emrald crab. i liked him, but he was just too much of a pain.

i also picked up a couple more hermits, a haloween, one that's purple/gray, and one that's a dark purple like a burgundy color. i'm trying to get pics but they are hard to spot..lol

Try placing a piece of fish or shrimp in the net and place it near the bottom, preferably around the time that your lights go off. Just watch for him to go after it, and bingo, the crab is caught. (This might take a day or two)

thanks man! when you snapped the birdsnet frag, did you freak out like i did? hahahaha i felt it go snap and was all like OMG %^##$ wtf do i do now?? haha then i realised i still had a frag plug from one of the melted zoas so i just glued it onto that. it seems to be doing good..lol

Yes I did. My husband was the one trimming down the plastic frag plug and it snapped on the first cut, He was doing the OMG face and I was going WTF OH #$%^.

All is well though it is growing like crazy and the little bit that was accidentally broke off on the plug is growing like a weed.

Oh and on the crab, I would put a glass jar on the bottom with food in it and wait until you see the little bugger in there, thenjust take the jar out. Crab caught. ;)

Ah good ideas, as soon as I get word that the sea stars are in then it's crab catching time lol

Can anyone tell me if my frogspawn is ok? I'm dealing with the low alk situation, all my zoas are open and doing well, but my Gsp is not open so it leads me to believe that something may be off. All params are fine but alk is at 5dkh, and I can't tell if there's something wrong with the fs or if it's splitting?

035bb2a7.jpg

got some new frags today.

picked up 1 head of hammer coral, black with green tips

6699340323_79169fe505_z.jpg

red with purple tip montipora

6699341511_99f162676c_z.jpg

pink monti

6699344377_7d8cb56f58_z.jpg

and a frag of pink panther zoa's.

:)6699344939_4db5d66680_m.jpg

my gsp has been growing well

6699342595_3eba5ca12b_z.jpg

and how everythig's looking :)

6699385113_691e83b53a_z.jpg

Tank looks awesome!

I am pretty sure your frog is fine, mine is splitting heads now and it has it moments.

Just watch it, but I bet all is well.

Dat tank.

Dat_ass.jpg

LOL

thanks guys, ya i think it's ok, i might start to feed those frozen bring shrimp cubes to the torch corals to make sure they grow nicely.

How is that HOB skimmer attachment treating you? I've heard of problems with mircobubbles and getting the water level correct? Would you recommend it?

Archived