ReefCleaners.org

Gio's Picotope

GioReef

I love the Scape and the stocking...

How are the SPS in regards to care for in a small tank keep being told by my LFS not to even bother with SPS even though i have high current and sufficient lighting...

+1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the Scape and the stocking...

How are the SPS in regards to care for in a small tank keep being told by my LFS not to even bother with SPS even though i have high current and sufficient lighting...

+1

Thanks! I feel like keeping the SPS I have in my tank has been fairly easy. I do daily waterchanges to keep up with the Ca/Alk/Mag levels. Start off with some easy frags such as branching or plating montipora. Good luck

Thanks! I feel like keeping the SPS I have in my tank has been fairly easy. I do daily waterchanges to keep up with the Ca/Alk/Mag levels. Start off with some easy frags such as branching or plating montipora. Good luck

I appreciate the advice and hoping to make my pico look half as good as yours :)

I guess photography isn't really our thing then! And what's wrong with bubble corals??

Haha, no! I'm improving a bit.

Cause bubbles are so squishy and floppy. I feel like I'm gonna break them if I touch them. My plate puffs up all the time and it looks so weird to me. Haha, and when it opens its mouths, yeah more than one, it'll down whole mysis. How's your plate doing?

L

I appreciate the advice and hoping to make my pico look half as good as yours :)

No problem, thanks!

Haha, no! I'm improving a bit.

Cause bubbles are so squishy and floppy. I feel like I'm gonna break them if I touch them. My plate puffs up all the time and it looks so weird to me. Haha, and when it opens its mouths, yeah more than one, it'll down whole mysis. How's your plate doing?

L

Haha I see where you're coming from.

That's awesome that it's got multiple mouths! And, it doesn't look good for mine, unfortunately. It still inflates and deflates somewhat, but nothing significant. Tissue recession doesn't seem to be getting better :/

No problem, thanks!

Haha I see where you're coming from.

That's awesome that it's got multiple mouths! And, it doesn't look good for mine, unfortunately. It still inflates and deflates somewhat, but nothing significant. Tissue recession doesn't seem to be getting better :/

:(

Soo.. This is a random question but I was wondering why you always take top down shots instead of the usual kind.

Can we have a regular FTS? :D I would love to see it! your tank looks wonderful.

Soo.. This is a random question but I was wondering why you always take top down shots instead of the usual kind.

Can we have a regular FTS? :D I would love to see it! your tank looks wonderful.

Thanks!

Haha actually it's because my camera/photography skills aren't all that great, so the colors come out so much better from the top! And, having LEDs isn't really helping the cause :lol:

I'll get an FTS posted soon... whenever I get a chance to take a few pictures. I've been incredibly busy lately

• 4 months later...
TheDrunkenClam

Dendros = Tits (but seriously)

I have a porcelain (white with red/brown spots) however he's missing a few limbs but they should grow back at some point. Picked him up for $5 at the LFS because of it. Figured I couldn't lose on that one.

Trade ya for the dendros :D

• 10 months later...

I haven't updated this in a while, haven't really had time to post, much less even get on N-R. This pico is now gone because of an A/C failure I had at my house. The tank got up to 88 degrees and I lost the majority of my coral, as well as my little neon goby. So I decided it was time for a change.

New 10 gallon set up! Pics coming soon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived