Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gio's Picotope

GioReef

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did you get your maxi mini's and how much were they?

Maxis are from Cultivated Reef... check them out.

-----------

Here's a short video I took right after a waterchange

th_MVI_2324.jpg

Enjoy!

Your little tank looks great! Nice mixed reef going!

Thanks! I like having a little bit of everything :lol:

Beautiful. Where did you source your Dendro? I'm interested in a head or two for my nps pico

L

Thanks, and the Dendro will also be coming from Cultivated Reef. Greg is an awesome guy and he can frag however many heads you wish.

Unfortunately I caught my talbot munching on my Anthelia. Now I also see that a few tentacles from my torch are missing. He has a nice sting mark on his face... Needless to say, I'm going to have to remove him for my corals' sake, and even his for that matter :(

Tomorrow I'll attempt to catch the little guy. Oh well

Unfortunately I caught my talbot munching on my Anthelia. Now I also see that a few tentacles from my torch are missing. He has a nice sting mark on his face... Needless to say, I'm going to have to remove him for my corals' sake, and even his for that matter :(

Tomorrow I'll attempt to catch the little guy. Oh well

Ouch... I guess we both learned a lesson today... I placed my gsp in an area with okay flow do they were not fully extended until I laced them more into the flow of the tank .. Now they extending more and more haha

Ouch... I guess we both learned a lesson today... I placed my gsp in an area with okay flow do they were not fully extended until I laced them more into the flow of the tank .. Now they extending more and more haha

Yup haha

Lots of things in this hobby are trial and error. That's what makes it interesting IMO

Ohhhh, and your tank is looking better everyday :)

how much was that orange plate if you dont mind me asking?

Plate was $35, purchased online though.

----------------

Purple/Green Polyp MontiporaIMG_2345.jpg

DendrophylliaIMG_2343.jpg

And a top-down showing the ORA Green Birdsnest (top left)IMG_2363.jpg

Coral stocking should be complete, for now. Haha

Still trying to get my hands on a porcelain crab and a neon goby...

I love "from the top" shots.

Very pretty. I want a plate coral for my Biocube.

What kind of porcelain do you want?

Thanks! I'm looking for the anemone porcelain, the white one with red/brown spots.

---------------

Been feeding the dendros every day, but they only seem to open up on their own around 8pm... about 2 hours before the lights shut off. Hopefully they'll settle in and stay open longer!

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2515-1.jpg

IMG_2511-1.jpg

IMG_2509-1.jpg

IMG_2502-1.jpg

IMG_2496-1.jpg

IMG_2513-1.jpg

IMG_2506-1.jpg

Unfortunately the maxi mini decided to move revealing the monti's dead tissue... continued growth nonetheless.

Everything seems to be progressing well except for the orange plate. Overnight it literally looks like something ripped it's mouth open. I mean, thats what it looks like, not sure yet. Im pretty bummed, as it was one of my favorites... hopefully it heals. I dont know :(

Everything seems to be progressing well except for the orange plate. Overnight it literally looks like something ripped it's mouth open. I mean, thats what it looks like, not sure yet. Im pretty bummed, as it was one of my favorites... hopefully it heals. I dont know :(

First, the shots in your last post are beautiful.

Second, I got an orange plate, but put it instead in my old 8g.

Third, how sad about your plate! I hope it heals.

L

First, the shots in your last post are beautiful.

Second, I got an orange plate, but put it instead in my old 8g.

Third, how sad about your plate! I hope it heals.

L

Thanks! I try my best with the camera I have haha

Yeah I hope the plate pulls through, I have my doubts though. Tissue recession on lps is hard to beat, in my experience

Thanks! I try my best with the camera I have haha

Yeah I hope the plate pulls through, I have my doubts though. Tissue recession on lps is hard to beat, in my experience

Me too! I stink and with my Biocube with LEDs, I stink even more.

I'm sad for your plate, yeah, lps are sometimes scary. Bubble corals freak me out to no end.

L

Me too! I stink and with my Biocube with LEDs, I stink even more.

I'm sad for your plate, yeah, lps are sometimes scary. Bubble corals freak me out to no end.

L

I guess photography isn't really our thing then! And what's wrong with bubble corals??

Archived