Swayd's 20H

swayd

Ok so I have the new boost leds up but now I went ahead and added:

5 blue leg hermits

2 astrea snails

2 nerite snails

Bangai Cardinal

DIY skimmer

- 1" pvc with strainer on bottom to keep critters out, spray painted black, wood airstone, PVC cap with 1/2" 90*elbow with 1/2" Drain line.

I drew a quick sketch lol

post-50898-1323110743_thumb.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAAAAA my cheap DIY skimmer is actually pulling some skimmate! Its pretty yellow in coilor nothing to thick so I raised it to allow for some more dry skimmate.

It actually pulled about 3/4 of a cup in one day!

A also dipped some chaeto in RO for 30 min to get rid of any pests and added it to the AC70

I wish I could but thats later down the line. The only stuff I have in the DT is powerheads, intake for ac70, heater and now the 1" pvc thats spray painted black so I cant even see it lol.

I was at aquatraders yesterday and I did check out the knockoffs but I would hate to have that huge pump in my tank! And they create soooooo many microbubbles too.

FTS in the works

Looks good.

If I was any good at DIY I would make a skimmer, but I'm not so I bought one. LOL

Like the scape, that powerhead is stable there? It's not going to fall off and blast your sand right?

Hahaha I have a big coralife super skimmer I was just messing around with this and I liked it. Its probably the easiest DIY ever!

Thanks scape took forever!

Yeah powerhead has been there for a week but hopefully will be out of my tank by the end of this week and replaced by a koralia.

Hahaha I have a big coralife super skimmer I was just messing around with this and I liked it. Its probably the easiest DIY ever!

Thanks scape took forever!

Yeah powerhead has been there for a week but hopefully will be out of my tank by the end of this week and replaced by a koralia.

I love my Koralias, the only thing I have had happen was the guard flew off the other day as the impeller got stuck (my bad it was dirty) and I had to put it back together. But it works fine again! ;) They give a nice WIDE flow, I have no sand being moved around from them at all.

Nice, I never cleaned out my old ones and they worked just fine. I guess I was lucky.

Yeah Im going to be getting a 750gph and a 425gph to add to the ac70s flow :o

P.S.

I added a coral even though I know its to early but I fragged it from my 5.5 and threw it in to test out the waters!

All polyps are open and color is gewd after only 30 minutes fingerscrossed:scarry:

Waiting on Koralia 750, Koralia 425, 10w submersible light, and air pump(for ato).

So I was thinking, would the 750gph, 425gph and the ac70s flow be too much? Thats a total of about 1375gph in a 20H, which will be stocked with mostly SPS.

I would say later once coral has grown out you will upgrade the 425 for another 750 and keep upgrading from there. go with the 2 750's and you should be set for atleast a couple years. I have a 1050 and a 750 in my 36" x 12" x 12" system

-Air pump and water level sensors arrived.

-ATO built, installed and working great!

-Still waiting on powerheads.

-Still waiting on 10w submersible fuge light.

• 2 weeks later...

I am addicted to the EBAY coral auctions! I am currently highest bidder on two corals I hope I win! fingerscrossed:scarry:

I feel a new build coming on, very soon! :ninja:

Went over to a fellow reefers house today and acquired some nice sps!

1. Leng Sy Monti(3 nice pieces)

2. Uknown dark green base Millie(2"+ multibranched)looks like ORA blue millepora

Both corals look promising, I wish I could take pics but every picture I take looks so blue I cant see anything other than the rock work <_<

Xmas present came early and it was an MP10 from my GF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe I have an MP10, Im so excited!

Now, do I use the rubber spacer?

I have it on reef crest mode at about 75%, I hope this thing quiets down cuz its a bit loud.

All in all this has been a great xmas!

If it's loud it might be because it's not lined up correctly. Though the second MP10 I got has a much less quiet motor than my other one. So it could just be the pump.

Congrats on the MP10... they're almost life altering.

Archived