Top Shelf Aquatics

Jacob's Photography

Jacobnano

I leave in less than 2 weeks! Don't worry, my schedule is weird. I think it will be a little weird, but I am going to overwhelmed with new things in Vermont I think :)

True. I can understand what you mean. College is a new thing for you I guess. You'll see though, once you get settled in and things start to fall in to place, it will be much easier. Not the work though... no sir, that won't ever get easier. Just the coping methods for dealing with so much school work. :P

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Steventomas

These pictures are all amazing!

I just bought a canon t2i and am looking forward to getting it in the mail and taking some photos. I can only hope to get shots half this good someday..

What would you recommend as a first lens in the <$200 just so I can get my feet wet. I've been looking at that 50mm and have seen some nice shots take with it.

Again beautiful job!!

Thank you!

I would go with the 50mm 1.8, or the 40mm 2.8 STM. I really like both of these lenses. You should also get the kit lens (the 18-55mm), if you don't already have it.

Steventomas

Thank you!

I would go with the 50mm 1.8, or the 40mm 2.8 STM. I really like both of these lenses. You should also get the kit lens (the 18-55mm), if you don't already have it.

Thanks for your advice. and yes i did get the 18-55mm kit lens with the camera :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a wonderful announcement to make. I recently found out that an internship I applied for was accepted...I will be doing marine conservation, environmental photography, and chameleon and jackal surveying this summer on the Greek island of Samos! This is perfect for me, and I am sure I will get some great photos...hopefully.

Thanks Lani! Yeah I was a little hesitant about that shot, I felt like I should crop it...but there was no good way to do that (that I saw) and I kind of liked it how it was :happy:

LarryMoeCurly

I have a wonderful announcement to make. I recently found out that an internship I applied for was accepted...I will be doing marine conservation, environmental photography, and chameleon and jackal surveying this summer on the Greek island of Samos! This is perfect for me, and I am sure I will get some great photos...hopefully.

That sounds amazing.

Also, nice pictures.

Archived