SaltCritters.com

ayobreezie's 40 gallon tank thread, simplified

ayobreezie

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got new nem today and acro colony. Also traded black clowns for orange pair.

New clowns

IMG_7942.jpg

Blue acro

IMG_6956.jpg

RBTA, doesn't seem to like it here.

IMG_7918.jpg

Latest aquascape.. Been rescaping for the nem, FTS

IMG_3560.jpg

I used windows movie maker or whatever comes with windows.. Pretty easy to work with.. It was a generic intro that was preset on the program.

Oh okay, idk if you have seen any of mine but I've been using the iMovie app and doing it right from the phone and didn't know if I was missing some of the other options :lol:

I would recommend it ;) from it, I shoot, edit, and upload 720p without even turning a computer on. For tank updates I copy the final product onto a computer and upload it there because the iPhone doesn't like to upload 1080p for some reason.

I think it's like $4.99 and worth every penny if you plan on making more movies.

I think I like the 40b more. :D

I prefer the good ol' orange clowns myself. What other fish do you have planned?

I really miss rimless. Trying not to pull the trigger on a Ada 90p. Lol.

I have a Bartlett's Anthias planned. That's about it I think. Starry blenny, 2 occelaris and an anthias should be enough for me. I do miss my tailspot blenny though.

Nice! I like the two islands scape!

Thanks!! :D Yeah I want to attempt the minimalist approach.

UGH!

Yeah, not even a full day. I looked everywhere then looked behind the tank and what do you know.. First carpet surfer I've had.

Other than that.. The nem's behind a rock on the left side now.. Hasn't found a spot yet. I may have the perfect spot for it if I rescape slightly

Came home from work.. Surviving clown is now hosting my torch.. Probably thinking it's an lta. The rbta moved last night and attached.. and is visible, but it's in the back of the tank.. :/ hopefully it'll like the spot I try and move it to later.. Or should I just leave it?

Other than that, everything else is doing great. They seem to like the mp10 on this side better. My torch is LOVING the new spot, but then again.. I've never had trouble with it..

Pictures

IMG_7817.jpg

RBTA in the back.

IMG_2133.jpg

Thinking of moving the rbta to either of the 2 big holes in this rock. Yay or nay?

IMG_2025.jpg

Clown and torch

IMG_1937.jpg

Lol. I like it a lot. But I miss the shimmer. I liked the nano a lot. But I still would've preferred the sol blue over it for the extra $$. Compared to mh.. I'd say less heat beats it, but I would rather have mh. Would've went ai sols, but I'd need 2.. :/

She says, "Good night."

IMG_2600.jpg

Ohh* definitely.. Feels like there's so many bulb options.. I can have it just how I want it. Coral colors are looking way better than the ai nano. My green acro got way better and so did the birds of paradise..

nice setup ayo!

I also have a 40b im getting up and running with a 6 bulb retro. Question about the MP10 I am also going to be running one but wanted to put it on the back wall any pro's and cons that you can see so far on flow difference between the side and back wall?

Archived