ReefCleaners.org

My Current Blastomussa Collection

ParanoidObseshun

Builder Anthony

those are nice ones to.i just picked up one head yesterday from pet shop they realy are nice corals.only thing i dont like about your tank is that i cant see it in person.do you think they prefer a certain food the head i bought had a little tissue damage but it ate some shrimp so im hopeful things are ok

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ParanoidObseshun

They seem to eat whatever I place on them.(mysis, pellets, cyclops) As long as my fish or crabs dont try to steal it. Ive had mixed experiences with ones that already had tissue damage. Some would heal up nicely while others slowly kept receding until there was nothing left.

ParanoidObseshun

Here are some updated closeups of a few that are closer to the glass.

IMG_0415-2.jpg

Same colony but with a flashlight so you can see the color differences.

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0439-1.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0434-1.jpg

IMG_0436-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
mattidallama
Some places that ive been to charge between 5-20 per head. But when you get to the nicer color morphs you can pay almost triple that or more.

wow i must have lucked out cause i spent 5 dollars for a frag with 9 heads at my lfs. they were nothing fancy like some of the ones on here just greenish blue with red rims

• 1 month later...
ParanoidObseshun
Paranoid which lfs do you shop at?

I do most of my blasto shopping online. Can never find unique morphs in the stores anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What do you generally pay for a colony? I just picked up my first to blastos for $14.99, I had been looking forever and think I got a good deal. One has three large red heads with green mouths and the second is Blue/green with neon green highlights with about 30 penny sized heads.

• 2 weeks later...
acropora1981
What do you generally pay for a colony? I just picked up my first to blastos for $14.99, I had been looking forever and think I got a good deal. One has three large red heads with green mouths and the second is Blue/green with neon green highlights with about 30 penny sized heads.

That's a darn good deal where I'm from. That would sell for over $40 here. Maybe $60. More if the colors are groovy.

Archived