ReefCleaners.org

By George I think I've got it!!!

lizbeth

After being out in the sun all day at a community carnival I gave it another try. I think I've got the "chair" set. I took a Dremel and hammer (I LOVE TOOLS!) to the under rock on the right. I took off some bits so the top piece sits firmer on it. Did you know super glue gell works on rock when one breaks off too big a chunk?  :laugh: Whew, now on the the rest of it!

Front;

rockfront.JPG

Side view;

rockside.JPG

Back view;

backrock.JPG

hahaha, by george, I say BY JOVE! hahahaha, come to think of it, I'm pretty lame....

BTW, the aquascaping is rather unique, I dont think I've ever seen it before! 10 points for individuality! Did you plan that arrangement before buying the rock?

rhinoivory,

Oh boy....... when someone here says something is "unique" it means they can't think of anything good to say but want to be nice about it.

When I went to buy the rock I was mad at my spouse. I wonder if that had something to do with my choice? I guess I should have planed it better, I just picked out 20 lbs. of interesting rock out of a big curing tank. In addition to the 20 lbs. I also have three chunks of beautiful coralline covered rocks to fit in the main tank or refugium. (thanks second2nOne!)

I had in mind to make lots of hiding spaces for the critters so everyone would feel safe. I also wanted a big flat space near the top for corals

LOL, no, IMO being unique is one of the best compliments. For some reason, people are conforming to what everyone else is doing, and aquascaping their tanks, and it all looks the same!!!! BAH! So please dont think I said it cause I had nothing better to say,  mainly because when I have nothing better to say, I wont say anything! :)

P.S, I'm planning to set up a unique aquascaped tank too ;)

I really like the side view.  WIll that side of the tank be easily viewable?  If you're lighting's bright enough, you might even convince a shroom or two to grow under there.  Post more pics when it's all set up!

I think its quite good actually.  There is alot of scope for adding corals into the various crevices and building a wall kinda effect.  Wait till the tank is mature with various corals growing on the rock structure.  It will look very nice.

hahaha thats true the word "unique" has so many connotation. other than that, man thats one weird looking piece of rock you got there.

I like it too! That's one of the reasons I like the chair rock is because of that shelf. It will be so easy to place corals on it!!!

Thanks everyone (except smarty pants absolutc ;) ).

The tank is viewable from the three sides posted it's between the dining room and living room. The forth side will be covered by a stand the the refuge will sit on. I think the light will be bright enough to grow low light corals on the end. The pics were taken with a 15 watt NO over the tank. :) I'm going to have 110 watt when I get the hood finished.

Now on to the rest of the rock work......I never though it would take days to get this right! I guess I should throw a coat of paint on the hood so it can be drying while I play with the rocks.

Archived