Pod Your Reef

45g Long and Shallow

snookman03

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made some water with my new booster pump and damn does it make water WAY faster at 90psi than 35 lol. I now have 55 gal of water ready to go. I think I will do a 20gal water change next weekend then and my clown!

Real nice rock work, I dig it.

Are those pictures with the T5's on? All that color banding would bother me. But it sounds like it might look better in person, so that's all that matters.

Waiting for those pics...was well worth the wait !!! Your tank is freakin' AWESOME. Those two island are perfect...just LOVE everything about them!!!

Can't wait for more pics now lol :D

Haven't had time to update, started a new job and have been super busy.

Thanks bear and shallow!!!

Madfx, those pics are with the t5s on but they were taken with my cell phone so the quality is horrible. I will say the banding with just the LEDs is noticeable but with the t5s it is much less noticeable, I think the light combo is perfect!

Thanks mini!!! More pics soon!!!

Thank you Sammy and shallow

Scuba...lmao I guess you are one step closer to getting a new tank if your gf likes it LOL.

I want this tank. Badly.

Jacob, it still hasn't sunk in that I have this tank in my living room lol, I think that is because there are only rocks in it. Once I get a fish in there things will sink in lol. I can't wait till I can add clams, nems, and sps!

Well my clown is in the tank as has been doing well for the past couple of days. He thinks he is in the real ocean now compared to his previous 5.5gal home lol. I also added my Duncan, rice, and my small colony from the 5.5gal. It's nice to see som life in the tank other than pods lol. Thanks for looking

Pics are with PAR bulbs only, I need to get a fan in the canopy before I can run the T5's for any length of time. The glass is a little dirty sorry...

2012-03-15194524.jpg

2012-03-15194609.jpg

2012-03-15194626.jpg

2012-03-15194635.jpg

Thanks to everyone. The tank is doing great!!! I broke down my 28G nanocube and sold the rock and fish to my LFS so I picked up a few things...

2012-03-18164905.jpg

2012-03-18164747.jpg

2012-03-20193554.jpg

Thanks guys! I have always wanted mangroves but they would have been hard to display in my old tanks. I still need to get a fan to put in the canopy. The pics are with the LEDs only. Thanks for looking.

Nick, next time I take some pics I will turn on the t5s. Since the t5s are close to the par bulbs they heat them up pretty good.

Jacob, any secrets to growing them?

Archived