Coral Vue Hydros

45g Long and Shallow

snookman03

love it! t5/led FTWWW

Thanks, I think it will be a great combo. I was only going to use the Rapid led par38's but said WTH and added the t5's lol.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my light canopy wired up and ready to go!!! This came out better than I expected, we will see how it will look over the tank lol. I will hopefully hang the canopy tomorrow and have some pics with the tank lit :D

2012-02-28172551.jpg

2012-02-28173849.jpg

2012-02-28172606.jpg

Top of light canopy and t5 ballast

2012-02-28162307.jpg

Sockets for the Rapid LED par 38's

2012-02-28173510.jpg

Used this to waterproof the connections on the light sockets, worked like a charm

2012-02-28083354.jpg

Thanks Mr. Microscope, I cant wait to start stocking. I will trans. my clown and corals from my 5.5 and Nano cube. I am thinking of getting a goby/shrimp pair, Talbots Damsel, Bangaii Cardinals, maybe an Anthias. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks Flexin, Ill try to remember to get a pic of the Mustang lol.

Thanks Mr. Microscope, I cant wait to start stocking. I will trans. my clown and corals from my 5.5 and Nano cube. I am thinking of getting a goby/shrimp pair, Talbots Damsel, Bangaii Cardinals, maybe an Anthias. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks Flexin, Ill try to remember to get a pic of the Mustang lol.

I really like damsels, but putting them in a tank with cardinals doesn't sound like a good idea. You could always go with a smaller tang, you have a lot of good free swimming room for one, a kole or a Tomini would be a nice fit. Fire fish are always nice too.

Every time I see thread updated I get so excited. And then there's no tank pictures.

altolamprologus
Every time I see thread updated I get so excited. And then there's no tank pictures.

We need pictures. Even if it's just a pic of the tank with water and rock, we want to see them!! It's very selfish of you to keep the epicness of this tank all to yourself :P

Thanks for the compliment Scuba :D

Joel,

I really didnt even cross my mind about the damsels with the cardinals lol. I love your idea of a Kole tang...I will definately consider this fish! Tank pics will come soon, hopefully tonight!

Alto,

I know I need to take a FTS...we recently moved and my camera is in storage, every time I try to take pics with my cell there is so much glare lol. I will take a few pics as soon as the lights are over the tank.

This is what I have been waiting for for a LONG time. All I have to say is this setup is all I expected and more. The color is perfect and the shimmer is awesome, I am very glad I went with ths lighting combo. I CANT WAIT to start stocking this tank!!!!

2012-02-29201711.jpg

2012-02-29201728.jpg

Side shot

2012-02-29201835.jpg

Rapid LED par38's with an Indigo Sun and a Super Actinic

2012-02-29201900.jpg

Closest to the actual color but in real life looks a bit more blue with a crisp white hue...perfect!

2012-02-29201921.jpg

Left side

2012-02-29202159.jpg

Thanks for all of the compliments. I am so happy with the outcome and I am so excited that the tank is finally lit. I need to find my camera and take some decent pics and try to capture the true color. The t5s really make a huge difference in the color, with them on the light looks very natural. I will get some comparison pics with and without the t5s on. Thanks again for looking.

Thanks Joel! By the way your sig is B.A.

Thanks, it's too big IMO. I'm going to make it smaller or redo it with a better width:height ratio.

Joel,

Sounds good but I like it as is LOL.

Well I woke up this morning, turned on the lights and what do I see...a bunch of PODS WOOHOO!!!! I really didnt think there was much life in the tank because I only added about 2-3 lbs of live rock. I think I will be transferring my clown from my 5.5gal next weekend.

About the canopy, I am thinking that I will need to add a fan because of the heat of the T5's and how close they are to the Rapid bulbs.

Finally! Kick a$$.

LOL I know it did take me a while! I have to agree +1 on the kick a$$, it turned out better than I expected.

Thanks for the compliment Scuba.

Archived