Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

45g Long and Shallow

snookman03

Haha well that sounds like you won't have any problems. I'm the kind of guy that's had to fix his AC110 mod 3 times already so you can see why trusting a professional is a much better choice. :lol:

LOL practice does make perfect :)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of what's securing my diving wall between the chaeto and heater/carbon/foam is a twist tie. :lol: I hope practice makes me better. It might take decades.

Subscribed-Nice Snook too!

Thanks man nice Goliath

Part of what's securing my diving wall between the chaeto and heater/carbon/foam is a twist tie. :lol: I hope practice makes me better. It might take decades.

LOL you mean the one from a bread bag?

Close, it's one of the ones from the power cords with my LEDs. But yeah, it's basically the one from the bread bag.

But who actually puts it back on the bag? I just spin and tuck it under the loaf.

Close, it's one of the ones from the power cords with my LEDs. But yeah, it's basically the one from the bread bag.

But who actually puts it back on the bag? I just spin and tuck it under the loaf.

LMAO...I get in truble doing that but its so much easier LOL.

Nice tank Snook. Let's get it wet already. I think you wil be pleased with the aqua style kit. I have one and looks great.

Thanks dan,

I just cant resist the price. I was going with par bulbs but why should I after seeing the Aqua style kit.

Do you think the 72 kit split up on the 2 large heasinks would be overkill? I figured the 72 kit was the best deal.

My BRS order will be here today!!! :lol: Now since I will have my skimmer I can lay out my sump.

Coming in the mail today:

BRS 75 GPD RO/DI unit

Reef Octopus NWB110 skimmer

30lbs of BRS Reef Saver rock

pismo_reefer
My BRS order will be here today!!! :lol: Now since I will have my skimmer I can lay out my sump.

Coming in the mail today:

BRS 75 GPD RO/DI unit

Reef Octopus NWB110 skimmer

30lbs of BRS Reef Saver rock

omgomgomg

Well the BRS boxes have arrived :) I ordered on Fri and they came on wed...pretty awesome.

IMG_0204.jpg

Reef Saver Rock...maybe one quarter size piece broke off...GREAT packing

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

I cant even imagine the Pukani if it is more porus than the Reef saver rock I bought...great looking stuff

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

More GREAT packaging for the 75 GPD RO/DI

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

The quality of this unit is amazing for the price

IMG_0214.jpg

Last but not least...the Skimmer

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

And I almost forgot, a pic of my sump

IMG_0222.jpg

I may have to order some more rock...wont be sure till I lay out the scape. I am really going to take my time scaping this tank...going to use epoxy, acrylic rods ect. to make it unique, I want it to be AWESOME. If I do need some more rock I think I will go with some Pukani to finish it off. The RO/DI unit is very well built, I was suprised when I opend the box...cant wait to set it up.

The Reef octopus skimmer is well built and seems to be rugged, im sure it will do a gret job pulling junk out of my water.

I have to give it to BRS, fast shipping, great customer service and great prices. ;)

Now I have to sort my lighting out...I mean order the Aqua Style 72 LED kit with 2 heatsinks.

Let me know what you guys think.

Lee Van Reef

I just got the same skimmer yesterday! I got it in my tank breaking in now. It's really quiet but the instructions are a bit ambiguous when it comes to sump water depth. It says anywhere between 6-10 inches, but at a 7 inch depth the outlet pipe already gets some back pressure on it from water entering it. So design your sump accordingly with the outlet over the sump water line.

I just got the same skimmer yesterday! I got it in my tank breaking in now. It's really quiet but the instructions are a bit ambiguous when it comes to sump water depth. It says anywhere between 6-10 inches, but at a 7 inch depth the outlet pipe already gets some back pressure on it from water entering it. So design your sump accordingly with the outlet over the sump water line.

Thanks for the tips Lee,

I am going to have the skimmer in the first part of my sump where the water enters from the display. I want to take advantage of the height of my sump so the first chamber's water level will be about 10-12". I was thinking of setting the skimmer on some egg crate to tune in the best depth of around 6-7" , I want to have as much water volume in this system as possible. Good luck with the skimmer, it looks like a beast :D .

Just figured I would stack some of the BRS rock together and man is it easy to come up with some cool caves/shapes- the rocks inerlock together :)

This build is AMAZING !!!!! Can't get enough updates lol. :D

Mini,

I am going to keep up with this thread and document eveything so I can track the tank's progress. Thanks for the compliment :) .

Sweet dimensions on that thing!

Thanks MGD,

looks like you have quite the list of tanks, I will have to look through your threads.

Well the setup date is getting closer. We are now done laying the laminate floors ant the travertine. I am going to try to work on the stand soon. Stay tuned.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I finally have had some time to work on this new set up. Last week I framed out my stand and it came out great. I am going to paint the stand the same color as our walls and wrap it with the same base board thats in our house to make the stand look built in to the wall.

I am pretty sure I am going to light the tank with some Rapid LED PAR 38's. I want the natural look of spotlighting that the PAR 38's will create. Let me know what you think. I have the next 2 days off work so if im not too busy I will finish my stand and get this tank going :D

Archived