Pod Your Reef

45g Long and Shallow

snookman03

I absolutely LOVE your sand with the pebbles in it. It looks so natural. And of course I love your corals and 'scape...okay..I LOVE this tank :)

Thanks mini!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
snookman03

Finally remembered to order my cuc lol. I previously ordered from John at reef cleaners and did so this time. He definitely isn't stingy and threw in a ton of extras! plus, you can't beat his customer service. I also ordered 5 mangrove seeds and a few macros to add to the sump. It's time to focus on building my sps collection I cant wait!

snookman03

Went to the lfs after work and picked up an acro, four different rics, three zoa frags, and some pipe organ frags...still takin pics with the cell phone lol. I am really liking the rics lately, my lfs has some beautiful pieces.

2012-07-05211133.jpg

2012-07-05211110.jpg

Bad pic but really shows the true colors of these sweet rics

2012-07-05211150.jpg

2012-07-05211502.jpg

Really like the shadows in this pic

2012-07-05210957.jpg

snookman03

Some more pics after the LFS...

re-scaped left side

2012-07-06165822.jpg

2012-07-06170018.jpg

Added some more zoas

2012-07-06165417.jpg

The Chalices have spit out a little growth :lol:

2012-07-06165437.jpg

Starting to notice some pink tips on this one

2012-07-06165512.jpg

Can anyone ID please?

2012-07-06165526.jpg

2012-07-06165715.jpg

Another pics of the rics i love these things

2012-07-06165740.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is doing great! I added a few more sps frags and a green plate. I want to add another couple of fish but can't decide on what to get, I'm thinking of a bangaii cardinal but need suggestions on others. Thanks for looking

• 2 months later...

It's been a long time since I have posted an Update...

All is well with the the tank. My sps are really taking off and

All of the other corals have great growth and great color. I am

Very satisfied with the rapid led par bulbs...I will take some new pics

When the lights come on

i really love this tank so much. i cant wait to see new pictures!!!!!

Thanks Jacob the tank has come a long way...just got a new iPhone so I will test out the camera tonight.

altolamprologus
I need some opinions on fish...I was thinking of a pair of bangaii cardinals?

That's a good idea, bangaiis are awesome. Read up on bangaii sexing before you buy them so you make sure to get a pair and not two of the same sex.

Yea I think I'm going to go with a pair of bangaiis and maybe try to breed them...but we will see if something else catches my eye at the lfs this weekend lol.

Great tank! looks like its coming along really nicely. awesome DIY on the whole build.

Thanks a lot it turned out well but I still have a lot of bare rock for corals lol.

Tank is doing great! Since I moved my acans under one of the par bulbs all of them are really coloring up like I can't believe, the difference is amazing. The fish are all getting along well but the bangaii cardinals seem to only want to eat frozen food, they grab a pellet or flake and spit it right out. Anyone elese have this happen? Thanks for looking

• 2 months later...

Archived