SaltCritters.com

looking for ANY frags please help and read my story as it's for my dad =(

tinctorus

i've got frags i can send your way lets see if some of the other houston reefers can band together and send a package your way. but i've got mushrooms, zoas, some gsp frags to clear up. if no one else can join me i'll send it 2day with an ice pack.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys and girls are seriously ALL AMAZING KIND CARING PEOPLE, and like I said before an act of generosity like this deserves more praise than I can even begin to give but I will make you guys a promise that once te frags start to grow I WILL pay it forward and help out other fellow refers in need with free frags

Thank you SO MUCH

Mike Grizzard

Unfortunately I'm new to the hobby and don't have any corals to send you. I just wanted to drop a line and tell you that I quit my job to take care of my mom full time after she had a stroke and was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. She passed away almost 2 years ago at the age of 58, and I haven't had the opportunity to get back into my old career field yet, but the time that I got to spend with her that last year was more valuable than anything I could have ever imagined. What you're doing is so hard, but you will always be so glad that you made the choices that you did, as I'm sure your father is very thankful for your dedication to him.

i wanna tell you some insprining story. my grandma was diagnosed with stage for lung cancer. the doctor said you have a month at the most to live. the insurance company refused treatment for radiation. so our family raised and paid moey for it. well that was 8 years ago. She is still with us today. the cancer disappeared and she is cleared of cancer. so let me tell you to dont lose hope and everything will be ok. my prayers are with you brother. id send frags but im broke and cant afford to overnight from cali

Hey,

I'm new to this forum and saw your posts. :( I unfortunately don't have any coral in my tank but can empathize with what you're going through! I wanted to post to tell you to look up "gerson therapy." I have a chronic illness and came across it during my research and have read really good things about it. I believe Amazon sells documentaries and books for it. Basically it's a holistic treatment for late stage cancer. I've read that it has cured people who have late stage cancer, etc. I use to be a skeptic, but have found success in certain holistic treatments, so why not give it a shot? I'm not sure if you'd be able to talk your father into it (I know I'd have a hell of a time trying with my father!) But I just figured I'd put it out there and at least inform you about it. Never give up and best wishes to you and your family! Don't let your father give up either!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I havent gotten back to the guys that were going to send me frags, unforutantely I have been in the hospital for the last week do to a SEVERE drug interaction that landed me in the hospital for 6 days so I have not been avle to respond to everyone, HOWEVER I wll get you guys shipping labels sent out this week aor the begging on next but at the earlist it willbe is thrusday ok guys!!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT, And like I have said before when they frags start growing I will give them away to fellow nano reefers in need

THis will be my onyl forum I am on from now on since I was given a perma ban from reeefcentral because I tyoed a response on reefcentral on my iphone and it changed "reef central" to "retard central"

DAMN YOU AUTO CORRECT...Not to mention it is a PERMA BAN FOR LIFE

Builder Anthony

I find some things hard to beleive.Take a picture inside the hospital or the wristband that they give you when your in there or even better a bill or some sort of paperwork backing up some of the things your saying.I can see someone typeing retard central if they didnt like the site.Its more beleiveable then reading it was your phones auto correct that did it.It leads me to beleive this is all just a game played by someone tryen to score some free things from people with a heart.So post some pictures if you have any credit to your story.If im wrong you may turn out with some serious offers.

I find some things hard to beleive.Take a picture inside the hospital or the wristband that they give you when your in there or even better a bill or some sort of paperwork backing up some of the things your saying.I can see someone typeing retard central if they didnt like the site.Its more beleiveable then reading it was your phones auto correct that did it.It leads me to beleive this is all just a game played by someone tryen to score some free things from people with a heart.So post some pictures if you have any credit to your story.If im wrong you may turn out with some serious offers.

I didnt ask for what you believe NOR did I ask for your criticism, I dont have my dads wrist band bust if you want references for me to verfy that I am NOT some scumbag trying to get free stuff, Go check out my trader rating on srtforums.com under the same tinctprus username and you will see my record is SPOTLESS, as well as EVERYONE I have dealt with on here has been satified...SOoooo if you want to bash a thread PLEASE TAKE IT ElSWHERE as that is a REALLY ####TY think to accuse someone of and I have NOTHING to prove to you...Not to mention I have NOT HAD A SINGLE COMPLAINT ON THIS FORUM, And like I said I will be giving away frags "once they start to grow to people who are truly in need of help in these tough times...SOoo please keep your negativity out of my thread as I would REALLY appreciate..

Not to mention what the hell kind of person whould I be to try and gain sympathy over something like this by saying my dad has stage 4 god damn lung cancer...He is 77 years old and smoked his entire life....SO I ask you pllitely PLEASE LEAVE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS OUT...No to mention he has been out for a few days now so he is not going to keep waring his assless gown

Seriously please take the negativity elsewhere

THank you

Mike Grizzard

Builder Anthony

I dont see whats so hard about just proveing things with pictures.There are scumbags in this world.I didnt say you were one but showing some sort of proof of these things make giving things to a needy cause justifiable.I think anyone donateing things should at least have faith that they are actually doing good by contributing there jenarosity and are entitled to some legitimant proof that the cause actually exsists.

I dont see whats so hard about just proveing things with pictures.There are scumbags in this world.I didnt say you were one but showing some sort of proof of these things make giving things to a needy cause justifiable.I think anyone donateing things should at least have faith that they are actually doing good by contributing there jenarosity and are entitled to some legitimant proof that the cause actually exsists.

+1, not saying this is one, but ive seen scams similar to this...

Tinctorus, my mother is a cancer survivor and my grandmother lost the fight against cancer...if your dad really has cancer, I pray for him and his well being...if not, I pray for you...

I didnt ask for what you believe NOR did I ask for your criticism, I dont have my dads wrist band bust if you want references for me to verfy that I am NOT some scumbag trying to get free stuff, Go check out my trader rating on srtforums.com under the same tinctprus username and you will see my record is SPOTLESS, as well as EVERYONE I have dealt with on here has been satified...SOoooo if you want to bash a thread PLEASE TAKE IT ElSWHERE as that is a REALLY ####TY think to accuse someone of and I have NOTHING to prove to you...Not to mention I have NOT HAD A SINGLE COMPLAINT ON THIS FORUM, And like I said I will be giving away frags "once they start to grow to people who are truly in need of help in these tough times...SOoo please keep your negativity out of my thread as I would REALLY appreciate..

Not to mention what the hell kind of person whould I be to try and gain sympathy over something like this by saying my dad has stage 4 god damn lung cancer...He is 77 years old and smoked his entire life....SO I ask you pllitely PLEASE LEAVE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS OUT...No to mention he has been out for a few days now so he is not going to keep waring his assless gown

Seriously please take the negativity elsewhere

THank you

Mike Grizzard

Dear Mr. Grizzard,

I find Anthony's request to be a reasonable one. I can understand your initial reaction to it during this difficult time in your life. He has not "bashed" you in any way that I can tell. He is only looking out for the members of this forum.

I too have see fake charity cases where someone was trying to make a quick buck or attain goods and/or services for free (or discounted) by preying on the generosity of others. I am not saying that this is the case with you but I feel that you should not take offense to his request. In the same respect, I have seen people gather in greater strength to help someone who is truly in need.

I would wager that the sooner you can prove your circumstances, the sooner you will find more people willing to help your father with the comfort of relaxing in front of his reef aquarium during this difficult time in his life.

Sincere regards,

Tam

Hey guy's ... I was just curious when the next ... GREAT frag swap are coming up that at fairly close to me, I live in Ft Lauderdale and want to attend a few because I am getting my RSM setup but with a nice refugium this time and I will be taking my time and picking out only prime pieces of coral...

I dont mind driving down to miami or up to palm beach but its ALWAYS more fun when you can go with a fellow reefer "no pun intended" LOL

Thank you and take care, Oh and help a fellow nano reefer out getting his tank sent back up after 4 moves and a bottle of windex that my wife spilled in the tank, I am starting over fresh again with new sand,rock filter stuff EVERYTHING

Mike G B):D :D :lol:

I still wanna know when the next frag swap is other than the one it ft myers in october

Sept 28th

This thread started Sept 27th

hmmmmmm

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=277807&hl=

I would Be carefull. Thats just me though

"Here is the deal though, I dont have any money since I had to leave my job to become my dads full time caregiver "

BUT here you say "So just give me a chance and let me help my family pay for my dads medical bills as I am unemployed right now due to company layoffs "

http://www.ht-archive.org/showthread.php?t=2950820

"I am looking for a member who I was REALLY good friends with but I have changed my phone 6 times in the last 9 months "

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f111/pleas...-member-607248/

Woah... I hope this isn't a scam.

wanted to post that a while ago but I didnt want to be 'that guy'

but after builder anthony broke that I thought Id chime in lol

Its not a scam guy's

That would be a REALLY ####TY thing to do, I dont know if he has any wristbands fromthe hospital but he is having surgery either the end of this month or beginning of next so I will take a damn picture so you guys can stop being jerks and think that someone would be such a horible person to start/say soomething like this

I dont doubt your father is sick and I truely wish him, yourself and your family the best. I personally have never had to deal with anything like this so I cant even begin to relate.

However, I just dont understand why you are asking around for frag swaps (plural) so you can pick up 'only prime coral'?

Seems like a bit of a disconnect to me since you are asking NR members to send you GSP and xenia frags because you cant afford it

I dont doubt your father is sick and I truely wish him, yourself and your family the best. I personally have never had to deal with anything like this so I cant even begin to relate.

However, I just dont understand why you are asking around for frag swaps (plural) so you can pick up 'only prime coral'?

Seems like a bit of a disconnect to me since you are asking NR members to send you GSP and xenia frags because you cant afford it

I am not asking for any"prime coral"

I was simply asking for pieces that people would be throwing out or just dont want anymore since his tank has ZERO coral in it anymore since when he got sick I wasnt living at home to take care of the tank and the entire tank crashed...

I simply said if there is ANY pieces people are willing to get rid of of be generous with that I would appreciate them...

I will take pictures of him inthe hospital when he goes in for surgery in the next few weeks to get 2-3 ribs removed and the lower part of one of his lungs removed...

Check my trader rating at www.srtforums.com under the same name "tinctorus" and you will see I have a PERFECT trader rating of close to or over 100 of ALL positive sales....

Not to mention I also said that once the corals take hold and I can make frags of them I will pay it forward and give free frags to other people in need...

I really do find it offensive that people would thinkg that I would use something so horrible as a scam to get free coral, thats a REALLY CRAPPY thing to do and I do believe in karma so if I were the type of person to try and scam people I believe that it would come back to me ten fold and would really screw me over in the end...

So I ask you naysayers that think I am using this as a scam to PLEASE STOP saying things like that is this is a very trying time for me and my family and the only thing that really makes my dad hapy in these tough times is watching the fish and coral grow...

THank you

Mike Grizzard

If you would like to call me and talk to me in person please send me a private message and I will talk to you and explain the ENTIRE situation...I am NOT the type of person to try and scam people or try to play on peoples sympathy card

ALso the reason I cant afford to buy him any coral frags is because of the fact that I had to leave my job in order to become my dads full time caregiver...When I was working I would have bought all the corals myself...

So please if you dont have anything positive to say please leave it to yourself or just send me a PM and I will explain the situation to you

Thank you

Mike Grizzard

on another forum u said "So just give me a chance and let me help my family pay for my dads medical bills as I am unemployed right now due to company layoffs "

but ur last post said

"ALso the reason I cant afford to buy him any coral frags is because of the fact that I had to leave my job in order to become my dads full time caregiver."

You say 2 different things. Plus if this story is true, being a full time care giver in the medical field to where it takes up so much time you can not work means you shouldnt be trying to setting up a reef tank. How about taking that time to maybe WORK AND PAY BILLS

on another forum u said "So just give me a chance and let me help my family pay for my dads medical bills as I am unemployed right now due to company layoffs "

but ur last post said

"ALso the reason I cant afford to buy him any coral frags is because of the fact that I had to leave my job in order to become my dads full time caregiver."

You say 2 different things. Plus if this story is true, being a full time care giver in the medical field to where it takes up so much time you can not work means you shouldnt be trying to setting up a reef tank. How about taking that time to maybe WORK AND PAY BILLS

Listen man I am NOT here to justify myself or my family situation to you,if you dont wnat to be a polite person than please just dont post anything...

The only way I have been able to help with any bills is because I have sold my car, sold my xbox that I had for awhile and sold a few guns that I had since they are far less important than my dads health...

The reason I asked for help from fellow nano reefers "who by the way there have been people willing to help" is because I thought of you guys as a bunch of good people...Me and my wife have had to move back in with my folks in order to take care of him and the reason I was asking for coral frags was because his favorite thing to do is sit in front of the tank for hours on end

So I am asking you politely if you have anything else negative to say please keep it to pm's...This thread was going fine until a few people with a chip on there shoulder decided to start acting rude and basically calling me a liar which is FAR from the truth

To the people that offered to help out I will send you a message in the next few says

Not to mention the people who are being rude would swear that I am asking for these giant pieces of coral, when in reality I am asking for 1-2" frags that they can spare...THAT IS IT

So I beg you once again if you have something negative to say please keep it in pm's

I have NEVER been rude to any of you so I dont understand the need to be rude to me, if ANY of you guys were in need and I had anything I was not using or had overgrown corals I wouls send them to you NO QUESTIONS ASKED

Also as far as the company layoff's I was given the choice to either leave and take care of my dad since my company new how sick he was or to get laid off with no severance pay so I took the obvious choice considering my dad is 79 years old

Archived