Pod Your Reef

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Yes, non-tempered = drillable, thus is why I was asking if it was tempered or if I would be able to drill.

I think the Huey Hung tanks are tempered for drilling, I will find out...

i was referring to this comment.

Edited by karisma
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi all,

Here are some pictures showcasing the black background of our new 3 gallon Acrylic tank... It's 12L x 7W x 8H, it comes with a acrylic top. ;)

I also took pics of it with the Current USA 18 watt fixture, it has a very sweet flush look..... B)

Packaged ready for opening...

2cofrtc.jpg

Package comes off, she's a very glossy black...

abs6z6.jpg

Just a pretty match...

osy428.jpg

It's still tiny enough to fit on corner top furniture...

5cg2h2.jpg

surgicalsense

I really like the 1g. As soon as I figure out what I am doing, I will contact you MIke. But, I maybe pending until after December ... I know, I know.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I'm also interested in the AIO setup if you go that route. these guys look groovy, much better than my first attempt at a pico (see thread)

Yes,

I keep hearing the three words rock in my head... AIO :) I'm not going to rush it out, I want for it to be a great match but also very affordable... That's hard to do with acrylic when you have glass at such a cheaper rate...

The nice thing is that the AIO will be made available by X-mas if my blessings are counted....

Let's make room for the AIO's tell you friends about my single solo tanks... :)

I really like the 1g. As soon as I figure out what I am doing, I will contact you MIke. But, I maybe pending until after December ... I know, I know.

The one gallon is very precious to me, since it's what I started with when I came to the pico world... No worries, take your time and when you are ready, shoot me a PM or just go to the website and get your 1 gallon fix... :)

I would recommend the smallest yosha goby with it's shrimp partner.

Definitely gonna go for this Mike. A small Yasha Haze with a Randalls Pistol should work out I think.

Also, are you getting more 3 Gallon Sea Stars in for $16? Me and 2 friends are planning on putting in an order for 3 of em. We were gonna put it in on Monday, but we haven't heard from friend 3 since Sunday, rofl. He hasn't given us the definitive yes. Look forward to our order in the next couple days though.

Thanks,

Let me tempt you just a little bit more... ;) Okay so who wants one? Walmart has got plenty of your cash now, spread it elsewhere... LOL Please mommy/daddy, take me home, I'm only $49.99... hehehe

Filter, LED Fixture and tank...

ilvghx.jpg

Who ordered the thin slice? :o

2aht76e.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of LED's in a tight space, my pico is going to scream... :lol:

rsr9yu.jpg

wow!

Nope,

It's a Sea Star....

Hey Mike,

I was curious if you ever had a chance to come up with any thoughts or plans for a mini over-flow box? You know with all the excitement with picos and nanos, maybe you could come up with a complete sump/overflow kit. Perhaps something that could handle tanks from 2 to 10 gallons for us that already have our tanks setup and perhaps are not interested in an AIO. Any thoughts on this????? :unsure:

Rob

Hey Mike,

I was curious if you ever had a chance to come up with any thoughts or plans for a mini over-flow box? You know with all the excitement with picos and nanos, maybe you could come up with a complete sump/overflow kit. Perhaps something that could handle tanks from 2 to 10 gallons for us that already have our tanks setup and perhaps are not interested in an AIO. Any thoughts on this????? :unsure:

Rob

That would be an awesome idea! Maybe use one of the 3 gallons as a sump! And try to go for the smallest possible overflow that would work!

I'm thinking a section for incoming water to do all it's splashing, and the rest will be the fuge/small skimmer area with a box in the corner for the return pump. Possibly a CPR overflow with an Aqualifter?

AIO's are nice and all but I think it makes it harder to clean because of the small sections and the size of your hand when trying to pull out a pump or reaching down in the sections.

That would be an awesome idea! Maybe use one of the 3 gallons as a sump! And try to go for the smallest possible overflow that would work!

I'm thinking a section for incoming water to do all it's splashing, and the rest will be the fuge/small skimmer area with a box in the corner for the return pump. Possibly a CPR overflow with an Aqualifter?

AIO's are nice and all but I think it makes it harder to clean because of the small sections and the size of your hand when trying to pull out a pump or reaching down in the sections.

+1 B)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Definitely gonna go for this Mike. A small Yasha Haze with a Randalls Pistol should work out I think.

Also, are you getting more 3 Gallon Sea Stars in for $16? Me and 2 friends are planning on putting in an order for 3 of em. We were gonna put it in on Monday, but we haven't heard from friend 3 since Sunday, rofl. He hasn't given us the definitive yes. Look forward to our order in the next couple days though.

We are out of stock on the Sea Star, and I hope to get another order placed this week. I was out of town during the weekend... Amazing how emails can pile up.... :o

I will announce it on the board and give you guys a PM, also check periodically on our website to see if I pulled off the OUT OF STOCK SIGN...

MG

Awesome to hear Mike. They sure went fast, hehe.

Think though that me and the friends decided to try our hand at building our own. We all really like the idea of a 10x10x10 Cube, heh. Shouldnt be too hard to do.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Awesome to hear Mike. They sure went fast, hehe.

Think though that me and the friends decided to try our hand at building our own. We all really like the idea of a 10x10x10 Cube, heh. Shouldnt be too hard to do.

No worries, since these Sea Stars only come in huge pallets from Asia and I cannot have are supplier order me just the 3 gallons, they come in huge crates with the glass tanks of all sizes.

MG

Just also wanted everyone know, we do "Acrylic" custom builds of any dimensions you want. I just emailed a quote on a custom build and the turn around time is not that long.

So if you want a one of a kind build through us, please shoot me the dimensions and your choice of blue/black or clear background and any other details.

These acrylic tanks come standard with a cover top...

If interested, shoot me a PM and your quote will come completed in only 1 business day.... :) Excluding weekends.

MG

That was me with the custom quote Mike mentions above and I wound up ordering it from him. Nice price and very reasonable S/H. Also, Mike's communication is fantastic, which is very important to me. I ordered a custom acrylic tank a few years ago from a highly-recommended (at the time) builder and, while the tank is great, the guy turned out to be such a flake in terms of communication, promises of updates/pics,etc. that I'd never consider using him again. Pretty sure he's out of business anyway so I may not have been alone.

Thanks Mike! Looking forward to it!

No worries, since these Sea Stars only come in huge pallets from Asia and I cannot have are supplier order me just the 3 gallons, they come in huge crates with the glass tanks of all sizes.

MG

Just also wanted everyone know, we do "Acrylic" custom builds of any dimensions you want. I just emailed a quote on a custom build and the turn around time is not that long.

So if you want a one of a kind build through us, please shoot me the dimensions and your choice of blue/black or clear background and any other details.

These acrylic tanks come standard with a cover top...

If interested, shoot me a PM and your quote will come completed in only 1 business day.... :) Excluding weekends.

MG

Haha so when you say any dimension, I could potentially have a triangular prism tank?! Of a mini L shaped tank? That would look epic on my desk! Haha Oh the possibilities! Going to have to keep that in mind for later down the road!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi all,

Once again, thanks for the support...

I want to personally thank everyone for a wonderful October, as most of you know Oct 1, was are launching date for this new small business and it was the best!!

November has rolled around quickly and I already have orders that I'm filling, thanks!!

I hope to do some nice Thanksgiving specials if I can get my hands on some more glass tanks, I know how crazy you guys are about glass... :)

Having said that, remember that I do have permission from TruVu to request special custom designs that are within my spectrum of small tanks....

Having said that, if you fancy a very odd shape tiny tank that needs to be fit in limited space, please consider us for a free quick quote...

I will have a quote turned around in 1 business day if not quicker.... :)

Once again, thanks for October and I'm looking forward to November...

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

Edited by mikeguerrero

Way to go Mikey. I am happy everything is off to a great start. So many happy members. I wish you continued success big bro.

I'll be sure to follow your news on FB and Twitter. Have a great November. :D

-Brother Steve

Hi all,

Once again, thanks for the support...

I want to personally thank everyone for a wonderful October, as most of you know Oct 1, was are launching date for this new small business and it was the best!!

November has rolled around quickly and I already have orders that I'm filling, thanks!!

I hope to do some nice Thanksgiving specials if I can get my hands on some more glass tanks, I know how crazy you guys are about glass... :)

Having said that, remember that I do have permission from TruVu to request special custom designs that are within my spectrum of small tanks....

Having said that, if you fancy a very odd shape tiny tank that needs to be fit in limited space, please consider us for a free quick quote...

I will have a quote turned around in 1 business day if not quicker.... :)

Once again, thanks for October and I'm looking forward to November...

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

Does that mean a roughly 5 gallon drop off tank is out of the question? Hehe Back to the drawing board!

PM sent....

Well had to give in to temptation. My 3 gallon package arrived this morning! Thank for the great service. Will start a thread when I get it started. Think I'm going to stick with softies for now. :D

Thanks,

Let me tempt you just a little bit more... ;) Okay so who wants one? Walmart has got plenty of your cash now, spread it elsewhere... LOL Please mommy/daddy, take me home, I'm only $49.99... hehehe

Filter, LED Fixture and tank...

ilvghx.jpg

Who ordered the thin slice? :o

2aht76e.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of LED's in a tight space, my pico is going to scream... :lol:

rsr9yu.jpg

131700090789-mother-of-god-super-.jpg

i have to have that....... like now.

Edited by Jrmiller
I am very interested in the Beam Works LED fixture, I just want to see what it looks like over coral. If you can post some pictures soon that will be great!

Yep yep please do

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I am very interested in the Beam Works LED fixture, I just want to see what it looks like over coral. If you can post some pictures soon that will be great!

I have been adding some new corals to my 2 gallon pico and making some other adjustments. I am using the Coralife mini aqua light, but will take out the LED Beams Work and take a couple of snap shots so you can see.

I'll will do it by the end of this week.... ;)

Yep yep please do

End of the week and you'll get your pics... :)