Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

ApiratenamedJohn
Don't worry,

You got yourself an awesome pico, and there will always be more deals in the future as X-mas is rolling around the corner

I'll be keeping An eye out. I'm looking forward to a light upgrade soon for this tank.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

They are finally on my site, your choice of three distinct picos... Build it like you want...

Sizes: 1 gallon 9x6x7

2 gallon 11x6x7

3 gallon 12x7x8

2wgt8na.jpg

23w8ttu.jpg

1z89bl.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
are they all blue backs? what happened to the aio?

They also come in black or clear, I have black in stock as well.... The AIO, can be made SuperNip, I told TruVu about the design and he was all for it...

He will give me a quote once I have the exact measurements... I will send you a PM....

Hey, I also have the AC 30 and AC 50 on my site for matching up with the new tanks... Remember you can choose black background if you are tired of the blue color... :)

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero

Mike,

Great looking business you've got going there. You have some good looking products with even better price points. I'm thinking of ordering the 3gal SeaStar, but had a question. Do you know if it is tempered or is it able to drilled? Would love to drill the back.

Thanks

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike,

Great looking business you've got going there. You have some good looking products with even better price points. I'm thinking of ordering the 3gal SeaStar, but had a question. Do you know if it is tempered or is it able to drilled? Would love to drill the back.

Thanks

Oh Wow!!

I love the questions you guys shoot at me.... Can I dodge this one and not answer??? J/K I will contact my supplier and ask, but from what it appears, I don't think it is, but I'm not a Glazer....

I think the Huey Hung tanks are tempered for drilling, I will find out...

Thanks for giving me more work to do.... :)

MG

Wouldn't you want the glass non tempered to drill the tank?

Btw I'll be watching this thread to see where the aio design goes, as I may be interested to pick one of these up, great job with the feedback and customer support, this is what a lot of company's are not stepping up to do what your doing here, keep up the good work!

Wouldn't you want the glass non tempered to drill the tank?

Yes, non-tempered = drillable, thus is why I was asking if it was tempered or if I would be able to drill.

I will contact my supplier and ask, but from what it appears, I don't think it is, but I'm not a Glazer....

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated!

Edited by Fnard
garrettparson

Do you have thread/guide to your long success with your 2 gallon? If you could give me the right information I need you might have a customer for a 1 gallon tank that I would like to do. Would you know if one of those LED fixtures you have could fit on the 1 gallon? I do not mind a little hang off. Aswell would it be able to keep SPS corals?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Do you have thread/guide to your long success with your 2 gallon? If you could give me the right information I need you might have a customer for a 1 gallon tank that I would like to do. Would you know if one of those LED fixtures you have could fit on the 1 gallon? I do not mind a little hang off. Aswell would it be able to keep SPS corals?

Would you like the link to my original pico back in 2005? That one was run for about two years and it was a 1 and two thirds gallon tank.

Or are you talking about the 2 gallon acrylic I just set up in my office?

I will take pictures of the LED on top of the 1 gallon acrylic that is on my site and post pictures. The 3 gallon works really nice with the Current USA satellite.

Yes, non-tempered = drillable, thus is why I was asking if it was tempered or if I would be able to drill.

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated!

I tried to contact the supplier but he's not answering, so I left him a message. After reading about safety on the net, I think it might be tempered for safety.

The Sea Star aquarium is from Asia, so it needs to clear customs for safety, I highly think it has entered as non-tempered glass for safety of contact to humans.

It's another lawsuit waiting to happen.

Nevertheless, I will go as far as getting an answer.

You can always drill into my acrylic tanks if you like.... :)

MG

garrettparson

I am honestlty unsure. Ha but I guess I wouldnt mind either one unless you do the same method with both. Im use to the brandon 100 percent water change method but one thing if I buy one of your tanks I would like to possibly house a small goby or something and its to risky to do 100 percent water change with a goby in my opinion (it has been done though). So if it says in thread to how you kept your water quality that would be great info. I could just scale it down to a 1 gallon size.

P.S I would really appreciate that picture thanks!

Edited by garrettparson
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update on the AIO, I will be going down to TruVu next Monday and getting you a design prototype, and a cost up front before I move forward.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I am honestlty unsure. Ha but I guess I wouldnt mind either one unless you do the same method with both. Im use to the brandon 100 percent water change method but one thing if I buy one of your tanks I would like to possibly house a small goby or something and its to risky to do 100 percent water change with a goby in my opinion (it has been done though). So if it says in thread to how you kept your water quality that would be great info. I could just scale it down to a 1 gallon size.

P.S I would really appreciate that picture thanks!

I housed my original 1 gallon glass tank back in 2005 with two small gobies, neon blue and red stripped goby. The original tank didn't have a top and both of them jumped out within the month.

Many years later when I purchased the same tank 2009, it came with a really nice glass top with plastic hinges.

I again dropped gobies but instead a yosha and a pistol shrimp, both lived nicely and got transferred into my 25 gallon after 2 years.

With my 1 gallon pico, I would pull out less then three cups of water every two weeks for my corals, the goby never stressed out nor did the shrimp.

But you are right, 100 percent change is not good at all in a pico.

I do have both the original glass tank with top for $29.99 or the New Acrylic same dimensions with a really nice acrylic top so they don't jump for $32.50... I have the acrylic one in blue or black.

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here are the pics you requested, let me know if you have any other questions....

Getting ready to pull them out with the Marineland 11 inch fixture LED

ncxjc3.jpg

Pulled out of plastic, side by side

3fmsm.jpg

LED fixture on the Acrylic tank

2h3za08.jpg

Led Fixture on the Glass tank

t9f4bd.jpg

Just on the water change thing (again) - I do 70%-80% water changes on my tanks, including YCGs+Porcelain+shrimp, and they do just fine. But each to their own!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey mike, what shrimp/goby combo did you have in your pico? Or what combos would you suggest? I really like the idea of that in my pico.

I would recommend the smallest yosha goby with it's shrimp partner. They are adorable and awesome to watch in a pico. They don't need that much space, in fact when I dropped him into my 25 gallon cube, he hasn't ever ventured 2 inch past his entrance, maybe he misses him 1 gallon pico? :P

I saw a bunch of them at my supplier today, man I wish I could purchase them, and FED EX it to you!!

I know how to pick fish for a pico, I could try if you are interested, only if you decide to purchase online. Because there is nothing better than going to the LFS to pick up fish/corals.

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Just on the water change thing (again) - I do 70%-80% water changes on my tanks, including YCGs+Porcelain+shrimp, and they do just fine. But each to their own!

Thanks for sharing, how often??? These are good guidelines to follow.... thanks for posting... :)

Not too shaby! Its still something I have to think about though.

Thank you for everything!

No worries,

I like taking pics... These tanks worked really nicely with the original 9 inch Coralife Fixture that was discontinued, because of heat issues. It had a flush look, if you take a look at my old pics you will see it.

I'm still trying to find the best light combo for this tank, I tried the Rio mini sun/ but it's not strong enough and gives a better moonlight effect, relax feeling.

If you are into flush design, the Marineland LED fixture and the other one by Beams Work, looks beautiful with the 11 inch acrylic tank, I know because I designed it for this tank.

It looks flush.... Take a look on my website under pics/video and you will see... :)

Edited by mikeguerrero

My changes are weekly (mostly without fail!), with real sea water. Tanks are IQ5s (3.5G).

I would love to find a goby shrimp pair ... but have yet to see a single one available at an LFS here.

You can always drill into my acrylic tanks if you like.... :)

I could do that, but always been partial to glass tanks. Plus I would have to cut the rim of the tank to allow for the light I had planned on using to fit. Guess its doable.