ReefCleaners.org

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

WE ARE GIVING AWAY FREE 1/2 UNIT CHEMIPURE WITH WITH EACH PUCHASE! B)

In stock ready to SHIP!

nowkt5.jpg

Free LIVE ROCK!

2lu9ykl.jpg

Cured live rock!

11rcbc2.jpg

Just add in fish!

2hn8eoj.jpg

STILL UNDER $120 FOR MEMORIAL DAY SPECIAL! :o

• 4 weeks later...
fretfreak13

Hi there!

I hate to ask questions that have probably been asked previously in this thread, but I can't find the time to read all 38 pages of it, haha. I'm looking to get back into the hobby and was referred to Micro-reefs! I've been looking around on your website and I'm interested in the 6.2g AIO tropical system (will also be buying the matching base and canopy). I hear all kinds of questions about sumps, drilling, and extra stuff and all in all it gets me very confused. The questions I'm asking are about that specific tank ONLY! =)

-First and formost, are the lights that it comes with suitable for keeping softies and LPS corals? I saw another light in the section of your website that says its great for the 6.2g model. Does that mean the one that it comes with isn't good enough and I have to buy a lighting upgrade to keep corals at all?

-What does the filter system look like that comes with the tank? I see skimmers and chillers and what not on this thread that people have added themselves. Are those necessary extra purchases, do they come with it, or are people just babying their picos like good saltwater mommies do? =)

-It says there is already a hole drilled in the tank for a chiller. Is the chiller needed for this tropical tank? I wouldn't think the LEDs would heat the water so much. This just concerns me because I've never dealt with a chiller before on any other nano I had, just heaters.

Basically what I'm getting at is does this tank need anything extra that what comes with the initial tank purchase to run?

Thanks ahead of time for clearing it up.

-Kali

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hi there!

I hate to ask questions that have probably been asked previously in this thread, but I can't find the time to read all 38 pages of it, haha. I'm looking to get back into the hobby and was referred to Micro-reefs! I've been looking around on your website and I'm interested in the 6.2g AIO tropical system (will also be buying the matching base and canopy). I hear all kinds of questions about sumps, drilling, and extra stuff and all in all it gets me very confused. The questions I'm asking are about that specific tank ONLY! =)

-First and formost, are the lights that it comes with suitable for keeping softies and LPS corals? I saw another light in the section of your website that says its great for the 6.2g model. Does that mean the one that it comes with isn't good enough and I have to buy a lighting upgrade to keep corals at all?

-What does the filter system look like that comes with the tank? I see skimmers and chillers and what not on this thread that people have added themselves. Are those necessary extra purchases, do they come with it, or are people just babying their picos like good saltwater mommies do? =)

-It says there is already a hole drilled in the tank for a chiller. Is the chiller needed for this tropical tank? I wouldn't think the LEDs would heat the water so much. This just concerns me because I've never dealt with a chiller before on any other nano I had, just heaters.

Basically what I'm getting at is does this tank need anything extra that what comes with the initial tank purchase to run?

Thanks ahead of time for clearing it up.

-Kali

Hi Kali,

We will be getting in the complete 6.2 Tropical AIO system with everything in 3 weeks. I ordered one just to keep it in stock and showcase it for you and everyone else.

Sorry it took so long to answer this post, it got buried away and I've been working too hard on the Temperate AIO system.

But now that I ordered the Tropical version everyone will see it son.

Thanks,

MG

• 4 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
How about a 3g aio?

A 25 gallon aio has already been done.

It's ironic that you posted this! We are going back to concentrating on creating smaller tanks and leaving alone the larger 20+ gallon sized AIO tanks.

We drifted away from why we started, and I'm back on track to our commitment to the smaller tanks only!

Our 6.2 Tropical AIO is awesome because it has a chiller built in to it! AIO are notorious for heating up and the 3 gallon would be even worse!

I would have to do a heat test and see if it passes. What are the dims you are wanting to see with the 3 gallon AIO?

Do you want it with open top or closed top? Do you want a stand alone system or options to have a base and canopy?

Give us the guidance and we'll make it happen! ;)

Thanks,

Mike Guerrero

Islandoftiki

Mike,

What are your thoughts on some of the most common problems we face with really small picos? Mainly temperature control and evaporation.

Keeping these tanks cool in the summer months without a fan is a challenge, and with a fan, evaporation becomes a big issue. Obviously, my system works well, but it's far too complicated and customized for most folks.

Another thought... Light fixtures. Jeezus there are some ugly fixtures out there. And most of the ones that look nice don't put out any light.

We're having a sub-gallon "femto" competition locally and I'm finding myself stymied to come up with a system that looks slick and works well.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

You really hit it on the nail regarding the main problems with smaller pico's; heat and evaporation. But something also that is sometimes overlooked is that most pico owners lose interest in their tank because it fills up too quickly.

It becomes crowded and then they cannot clean it properly and it becomes what I like to call unattended front lawn that the neighbors rent out to a guy named Phil. :P

Jokes aside, it's simple to fix. Begin with your pico with the minimal livestock and one piece of live rock. You will find so much life on one piece of rock you would be amazed.

Go slowly is my advice never rush a pico.

MG

Ooh... A marine version of this would be awesome.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/07/20/aquasky-led-ad/

With our efforts to return back to the micro world expect to see something different in a few months. We are headed down to Reefapalooza in Oct and we have a small surprise that no one knows or will know unless you attend the show. ;)

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
did you send the quoute to truvu yet?! im excited to hear from you!!!

Yes,

They got the quote, I was suppose to pick up our canopy for our temperate tank but they are so swamped on Monday's!

The quote should be given to me tomorrow as she said it was done, but they didn't send it to me. I have two quotes out.

Can you remind me which one is yours?

Thanks,

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

ANNOUNCEMENT: Update!

I personally wanted to share some great news for us at Micro-Reefs LLC. My tiny operation started last year in September when I lost my job and fell into unemployment.

I took a blind leap of faith and against all my family and friends which told me to hold off on Micro-Reefs, I did the opposite and obtained all the permits.

From the small room where I rent a room, the wonderful couple gave me a small section of their garage to store my small products.

BUT BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU OUT THERE ON NANO-REEF, I out grew the small section I was given.

Again against all family and friends, I got brave and opened up a very small warehouse that I can now officially call Micro-Reefs LLC brick and mortar!

My loyalties are to all of you, because I would not be here posting this had you not supported me. Here are the first pics ever taken of behind the scenes at our new place! :)

Shipping material....

sergcg.jpg

Thank you Nano-Reef supporters...

2cdtox5.jpg

One man operation...

10yngoo.jpg

We hope to bring Micro-Reefs to greater places!

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

CEO / Founder

Micro-Reefs LLC

• Like 1

That's so awesome! I haven't bought anything yet, but I will soon. Small businesses are such a leap of faith. I'm really glad to see you make it. Hope the business keeps growing. It looks like you may want to allocate a a marketing budget. Youtube videos help a lot! direct marketing such a emails, both personalized and broad, go a long way too! Sorry to go off on marketing, that's just what I like to study...

Edited by Mitch619
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
That's so awesome! I haven't bought anything yet, but I will soon. Small businesses are such a leap of faith. I'm really glad to see you make it. Hope the business keeps growing. It looks like you may want to allocate a a marketing budget. Youtube videos help a lot! direct marketing such a emails, both personalized and broad, go a long way too! Sorry to go off on marketing, that's just what I like to study...

Never took one course on business while attending college, so I am all ears!

Thanks,

MG

this is wonderful news! from one mike to another, congratulations mike!

:wizard:

Thanks,.... :)

Jacob042426
Yes,

They got the quote, I was suppose to pick up our canopy for our temperate tank but they are so swamped on Monday's!

The quote should be given to me tomorrow as she said it was done, but they didn't send it to me. I have two quotes out.

Can you remind me which one is yours?

Thanks,

MG

the shallow! :D

i commented on your rb article you deserve all the goods for being a good guy not selling any snake oil.

Your startup pics look like my local fish store did in 1995. now they make half a mil annually, so, I say keep going and remember the little guys one day in 2025. they may be unemployed and need your hire lol

Edited by brandon429
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Congrats for the warehouse and RB! omgomgomg

Hey Gal,

Remember that I need your services for Sunday! I need my temperate tank receiving professional pictures for Reef Builders. Our stuff arrives from Cold Water Marine Aquatics tomorrow and should be all acclimated for photos on Sunday.

This is huge for us, I wouldn't have anyone else take pictures but you, I saw how gorgeous they came out with Heathers tank!

Can hardly wait! ;)

MG

i commented on your rb article you deserve all the goods for being a good guy not selling any snake oil.

Your startup pics look like my local fish store did in 1995. now they make half a mil annually, so, I say keep going and remember the little guys one day in 2025. they may be unemployed and need your hire lol

Brandon,

REALLY REALLY THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT! I can use all the smiles and praise in this venture that I'm taking. I really hope I might some day make it and I won't forget my foot steps. -_-

Everyone on this board has been so helpful, I'm really blessed by all of you guys/gals of the industry.

Can hardly wait for Reefapalooza 2012 to hit on October and meet the Wild Boys of Oregon, they have been very inspirational on this voyage of Cold Water. :)

altolamprologus

Congrats on the warehouse, Mike. Yoshii and I will be there after work Sunday. I can't wait to see the new stuff :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Congrats on the warehouse, Mike. Yoshii and I will be there after work Sunday. I can't wait to see the new stuff :)

Awesome!

I will take you over or should I say walk you over to our warehouse, it's just 2 blocks away from my residence! :D

Mike you need to bump your prices 3% so you can afford a new desk :P

Congrats on the new space, looks awesome.

:lol:

That is funny! Right now, I'm just happy to be out of the garage that I was in with no office desk or chair. Now, I have a tiny spot for that fold up tripod chair and crate looking desk. :P

I wonder if Bill Gates or Steve Jobs had similar spots when they first started? :huh:

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wow,

Seriously! I'm inspired! Let me share with all of you where Micro-Reefs LLC first started last year in September 2011... ;)

Hayward, CA

350jebt.jpg