SaltCritters.com

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi all,

We finally got the permits to operate in the City of Hayward and picked up our re-seller's permit.

We can finally offer quality products to all my reefing community at great deals!

This is our thread following the build of our company display tank at Micro-Reefs LLC we specialize in 3 gallon and smaller marine aquariums. We choose to operate with Tru Vu acrylic tanks, which manufactures our tiny tanks with our company logo.

zkn7mx.jpg

103s9j6.jpg

2isze9s.jpg

smabsz.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
  • Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hold up all,

This is not the pico tank, this is our display tank for our company. This is a 25 gallon display tank that will have the stock for our live goods. I will post the picos following the display tank.

When a pico is sold, reefers can choose from many sorts of corals/critters from our display that has been healthy before it ships. I hope this makes sense.

And with no further delay let me show you more:

2vaxf1i.jpg

sazlo9.jpg

291p6e1.jpg

wla91g.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here are the 2 gallon acrylic micro-reef tanks... We also carry the 1 gallon and 3 gallon... They come in acrylic blue, black or clear...

24gofg5.jpg

qy5kl5.jpg

nybg36.jpg

28khgs5.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Very nice, both the display tank and the picos. Are they just tank, no back chamber or AIO setup?

Quality looks great.

I don't use the AIO setup for one reason... Pico tanks bounce around with heat problems due to minute size of volume of water... With a small pump generating heat, the pico will move up in temps and harm corals/polyps etc...

I went with the AC 20 HOB filter since it's heat is pulled away from the tank, as the motor is housed outside.. Our picos stay at 77 degrees...

I will post pics of how they look with HOB, it's flush design that cannot be seen from the front of the tank... We love the flush modern look....

Hope that helps out....

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I want to keep this thread ongoing about the changes in our tanks, pictures and video. If you HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT Micro-Reefs, please feel to post on my thread and I will respond immediately.

Since 2004, I have always contributed to the boards with my threads about maintaining reefs both small and large and I want to continue showing the possibilities of the tiny tanks here.

Please enter my user name in the search engine and you can find all my post that are very useful.

Thanks,

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero

Mike its great man. The skimmer lets you go harcore with bioloading these tanks should be packed to the absolute hilt with rock and life, its really a long term setup. That sand is also my favorite sand in all reef tank keeping, Ive used it across every pico.

That skimmer combined with regular water changes would allow one to feed the tank so well it could make any invert thrive beyond the average competition, its a turbo in-out setup to have both skimming and regular partial water changes.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike its great man. The skimmer lets you go harcore with bioloading these tanks should be packed to the absolute hilt with rock and life, its really a long term setup. That sand is also my favorite sand in all reef tank keeping, Ive used it across every pico.

That skimmer combined with regular water changes would allow one to feed the tank so well it could make any invert thrive beyond the average competition, its a turbo in-out setup to have both skimming and regular partial water changes.

Brandon,

You are very right about the Tunze nano skimmer. It was the best investment for this tank for overstocking our corals. We have kept the fish population to only 5 and given the rest of the space for SPS corals and LPS corals.

The skimmer is of robust material and high quality, I have owned Deltec skimmers in the past and this gave me that feel. It also fits perfect in the first chamber of the tanks AIO. I was using the the Berlin but this Venturi is just more consistent.

There is no worry about having to replace wood diffusers as they get clogged after time. Water changes are critical for the success of any reef system. We do 5 gallons on the display tank once every two weeks and have seen spectacular growth with most of our corals.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Damn

That's a super pico aquarium.

I Live in the netherlands and i'm trying to find these aquariums here but that's hard.

Does youre company ship them to the netherlands?

PM sent....

2g tanks look nice <3

Thanks,

It's nice working with acrylic tanks, they are super light and very hard construction. Glass was my choice before but it's more heavier and much more fragile....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

It is literally amazing to watch tiny fish like the goby make his home in a 1 gallon pico.... And even crazier to view the sexy shrimp in macro mode... All in just 1 gallon pico...

34pl4ar.jpg

xpoajq.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I decided to start my 2 gallon micro-reef today, but I couldn't decide whether to go black or blue background, both looked great and I ended up flipping a coin, blue came out... :)

2430yrk.jpg

2njzlgi.jpg

It was then time to do the water test, passed with flying colors, okay blue colors... :)

16c0tgg.jpg

Carefully laid out the Caribbean sea sand...

295plxs.jpg

I only use the best rubble live rock, can anyone say Barney purple?

2h2nss5.jpg

Aquascaping is so much fun, hiding all power cords and temp gauges..

2dt1yr5.jpg

Add the water carefully to make sure no shift occurs in live rubble to sand...

2mczo89.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
that's a very cool little tank are they for sale anywhere?

PM sent....

They are acrylic tanks and we make three models, this one you see is our 2 gallon version... I will be deciding on tomorrow on which light to use, the LED or T5 any votes?