Pod Your Reef

2.5 Gallon RBTA Pico Reef

peterchann86

They get 12"+, it will take over the tank someday.

Hopefully not in the same way (BTA in a 2.5), don't get me wrong it looks real nice here, but if everyone tried this they wouldn't have the same success and nems are doing to good in the wild so losing nems is not a good thing. Hope everything works out for you, one thing you could try is cutting it in half every time it starts getting too big and selling one half. Good luck.

Really nice tank wow good Job

You can keep cutting the RBTA. Just cut right in the center of the mouth. It's not exactly practical but you could do it that way if you plan on keeping the tank long term.

Wow, really nice tank and great idea. Im not sure why so many people think all nems are delicate. Yes some can be but...

I find BTA extremely hardy. Obviously, you shouldn't add one to a brand new tank that has traces of ammonia etc. But they are quite easy to care for. I think anyone that can keep a pico reef can keep a BTA in it as well.

Yeah these guys get big eventually, but I'm sure OP will know what to do when the time comes. Don;t feed it if you want it to stay smaller longer ;)

Keep up the good work and nice thinking outside the glass box.

-dan

How did you take the top rim off? I have a deep blue 10gal and it looks like its siliconed on much better than a AGA tank.. AMAZING TANK BY THE WAY! Very inspiring

beautiful tank man. Absolutely awesome colors and the bta does look happy to me. I kind of have the same outlook on the hobby that you do. As long as we are doing everything we can to keep the creatures in our tanks happy and healthy I dont see any issues. Im sure people think the same thing when they see that I have 2 clams in my 3 gallon. Nice work.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived