inTank Media Baskets

"Arctic ice palys"?

ReefSurgeon

Ok, so I'm pretty good with zoas, but palys haven't really been a huge interest of mine...however, I had these really neat palys pop up in my tank a long time ago. Have never been able to ID them, but saw a site with what look A LOT like what I have. They were called "arctic ice palys". Here is a pic of one of the rocks I had of them. Not a great pic, but hopefully you can get the idea. Any help would be much appreciated...thanks in advance!

IMAG0812.jpg

IMAG0813.jpg

In Texas they are called Junk/Trash Pallys. Usually a little duller in color but that is for sure them.

LOL! Well, that's what I personally thought of them, but then saw some website selling them as "arctic ice palys" for $40 a polyp! I just sold a rock of like 50 for only $30, and stumbled across the website and almost had an anxiety attack! I was like "ummm...did I just give that dude a $870 discount!?" Haha! I love the made up names people give a colony of polyps that they find on some piece of live rock they got 10 years ago that they were going to throw out, but thought "hey, haven't seen these before! Let's see how many people I can rip off before someone calls me out!". :wacko::rolleyes:

In Texas they are called Junk/Trash Pallys. Usually a little duller in color but that is for sure them.
those are a damn weed! i had like 4 that turned into 500000 in like a month

this and this. #### these things, they appeared by themselves in my tank and now Im building a kill wand to get rid of the 100+ plus that are overtaking my other corals

Archived