Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the photos!!!!!! Makes me want to decorate cupcakes :)

Those pumpkins look awesome!!!!! I have two to carve this year. One will be classic jack-o-lantern..the other will be a specialty. I was planning to do an owl. I love the one in your photo. I've been on the hunt for an owl pattern online but haven't found one I really like yet. Which pumpkin is yours?????

Ha! Great pic of you and Lily! You look even more sexy out of your wet suit, lol!!!

Thanks! I think anyone looks sexier when they're not wearing a 7mm wetsuit :lol:

I love the photos!!!!!! Makes me want to decorate cupcakes :)

Those pumpkins look awesome!!!!! I have two to carve this year. One will be classic jack-o-lantern..the other will be a specialty. I was planning to do an owl. I love the one in your photo. I've been on the hunt for an owl pattern online but haven't found one I really like yet. Which pumpkin is yours?????

Thanks, Gena! The owl pumpkin was carved by one of my friends. The pattern just came out of one of those pumpkin carving kit books they sell at the grocery stores. I have 4 of those books and we all just picked patterns from them. Mine is the flaming jack-0-lantern face on the far right.

Thanks, Gena! The owl pumpkin was carved by one of my friends. The pattern just came out of one of those pumpkin carving kit books they sell at the grocery stores. I have 4 of those books and we all just picked patterns from them. Mine is the flaming jack-0-lantern face on the far right.

I was planning to carve tonight, but didn't get around to it. Was on the phone talking to my Mom for quite awhile, about the storm. They are getting pretty good winds in Indiana. My brother is in Virginia and they aren't getting hit too badly. They've only lost one tree, so far.

I'll carve my pumpkins tomorrow :)

What is the pumpkin between yours and the owl?

I was planning to carve tonight, but didn't get around to it. Was on the phone talking to my Mom for quite awhile, about the storm. They are getting pretty good winds in Indiana. My brother is in Virginia and they aren't getting hit too badly. They've only lost one tree, so far.

I'll carve my pumpkins tomorrow :)

What is the pumpkin between yours and the owl?

Glad to hear your brother isn't getting hit too hard. I do not miss hurricanes at all. I got my fair share of them growing up in Florida.

Post photos after you carve your pumpkins.

The pumpkin next to mine was going to be a dragon, but my friend tried to do something way too complex with a lot of delicate pieces suspended in that circle. Right when he was about done the stuff broke out of the center. I hate when that happens, which is why I stuck with something simple this year. I usually get super elaborate and then regret it because pieces fall out and it takes WAY too long.

We posted at the same time :happy:

That video is too cute. She really is adorable.

Yes we did! :lol: I'll tell Lily you said that. And in case you were wondering, it was the wrist strap on the camera she was batting in the video.

More fun photos of Lily the Vampire:

IMG_0329Edit.jpg

IMG_0325Edit.jpg

IMG_0334Edit.jpg

IMG_0327Edit.jpg

IMG_0340Edit.jpg

IMG_0317Edit.jpg

My pumpkin.

IMG_0312Edit.jpg

IMG_0329Edit.jpg

:wub:

My cat likes to stick one leg out like that too. Every night he settles in the crook of my husband's arm and extends that one paw out to touch me. He has to touch both of us to be comfortable. It only lasts for about 10 minutes, but it's a routine for him every night.

I'll definitely post a photo of my pumpkins if they turn out ;)

• 2 weeks later...
surgicalsense

Your tank looks beautiful also ... I have missed so much :(

.... I hope I can catch up. Maybe. Corals are really $$$ here. Geesh.

How is your zombie starfish leg doing? That's really weird. Still growing?

What about the other small starfish he gave you for free?

I was thinking about getting one of those from sealife. I read on his site that they will take food from you also when they are near the top of the tank. Have you been able to feed them?

• 2 months later...

The tank turned 1 year old today!!! The 30 gallon was officially wet on January 17, 2012. The tank looks so much different now and I love how full and mature it looks. I'm just hoping I can keep it healthy and looking great for years to come.

I have a ton of photos and updates for you guys, but unfortunately I'm too busy with stuff tonight to take the time for that post. I'll get the photos, videos, etc. up for you guys either tomorrow evening or sometime this weekend. Sorry, work is hectic and then two of my friends are having birthday parties this weekend so I'll have to find some time to sit down and give you guys an update. Sorry for taking so long since the last one. I'll try to post updates on the tank a bit more frequently.

• Like 2

Thanks Gena! And thanks for being patient. I just want to take the time to do a really good post since its been so long and its also the one year birthday of the tank. I'll get an update up as soon as I have some time. Definitely by the end of the weekend at the latest. :)

• Like 1

I totally understand :)

Is your golden acro still yellow? Mine's starting to color up again.

Mine's become kind of multicolored. It had parts that are yellow, parts that are green, and parts that are more of a cream color. I think it depends on how the light is hitting it. It always has awesome PE though so its definitely doing well. I'm glad to hear yours is turning more yellow again.

The tank turned 1 year old today!!! The 30 gallon was officially wet on January 17, 2012. The tank looks so much different now and I love how full and mature it looks. I'm just hoping I can keep it healthy and looking great for years to come.

I have a ton of photos and updates for you guys, but unfortunately I'm too busy with stuff tonight to take the time for that post. I'll get the photos, videos, etc. up for you guys either tomorrow evening or sometime this weekend. Sorry, work is hectic and then two of my friends are having birthday parties this weekend so I'll have to find some time to sit down and give you guys an update. Sorry for taking so long since the last one. I'll try to post updates on the tank a bit more frequently.

Looking forward to the photos! :)

Mine's become kind of multicolored. It had parts that are yellow, parts that are green, and parts that are more of a cream color. I think it depends on how the light is hitting it. It always has awesome PE though so its definitely doing well. I'm glad to hear yours is turning more yellow again.

That sounds a lot like mine! It was looking pretty brown when I first moved it to the wall, but it's getting color back in it again.

Ok, so its time for the long awaited photos! :happydance:

First though, I guess I should give you guys a general overview of the tank. I guess the main thing is its REALLY full, which I love because it looks so mature but it also means I can't buy anything new. I'm actually enjoying not spending money on the tank, but I'm sure you guys know all about the itch to buy new exciting things. I may try to cram a few more really nice zoas in there at some point in the future.

Other than that, not much has changed except a lot of growth on pretty much everything. I've been fragging a lot and actually selling some frags lately. Unfortunately with everything growing in, a few corals have gotten overtaken but nothing that I was too attached to. It happens when everything grows together, but I like the look where its just solid coral. My zoa/paly rock is to the point where you can't see the rock anymore and its just one big blob of polyps. Its my favorite section of the tank right now.

Ok, anyways, so on to the photos!

New FTS 1/21/13

IMG_0445Edit.jpg

IMG_0436Edit.jpg

Corals

ATL Purple Efflo with the Pink Lemonade in back

IMG_0342Edit.jpg

Lilac Monti Cap

IMG_0290Edit.jpg

Poci and Stylo

IMG_0413Edit.jpg

Bali Slimer and ATL Lavender Lace Duncan

IMG_0399Edit.jpg

Bali Slimer

IMG_0343Edit.jpg

ATL Lavender Lace Duncan

IMG_0324Edit.jpg

Bam Bam and Tubbs Blue Zoas

IMG_0331Edit.jpg

Zoa/Paly Land

IMG_0397Edit.jpg

Nuclear Green Palys and My Clementine Zoas

IMG_0384Edit.jpg

ATL Alien Eye Firefly Chalice (one of my absolute favorite pieces; its gotten so huge!)

IMG_0401Edit.jpg

Awesome plating corraline

IMG_0389Edit.jpg

Xenia growing on the back wall

IMG_0386Edit.jpg

Fuzzy Mushroom

IMG_0382Edit.jpg

Blue Ric

IMG_0378Edit.jpg

Pastel Rainbow Yuma

IMG_0286Edit.jpg

Red Grape and Blue Ochtodes Macros

IMG_0415Edit.jpg

Critters

Johnny

IMG_0411Edit.jpg

Peek-a-boo!

IMG_0387Edit.jpg

IMG_0338Edit.jpg

Midas Blenny

IMG_0347Edit.jpg

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

IMG_0424Edit.jpg

Lily Photos

Lily watching the fish

IMG_0470Edit.jpg

Well hello there, camera!

IMG_0361.jpg

Posing for the camera

IMG_0431.jpg

Ok and last but not least...videos!

Please excuse the crappy video quality. My nice camera is having battery issues and until the new battery I ordered arrives, I'm stuck using my older camera. It takes decent photos but its video quality is horrible. Also, it didn't help that my clownfish are acting like they're going to spawn so they keep doing their mating dance thing every few minutes and kicking a bunch of sand up into the water column.

Also, just for fun. Here's a short video of Lily watching the fish, then realizing the camera is behind her and deciding to attach the camera.

This was the PERFECT birthday update!!!!! So much growth :happydance: I love so many things in your tank, but I think the chalice is my absolute favorite!!!!! It really makes a statement in there!!!!

I enjoyed the videos too. Is your Coral Beauty behaving itself in the tank? I know you've had it a long time now. She/he is so pretty!

Thanks guys! Glad you like the photos. Sorry for going so long since the last time I posted any pictures. I'll try to stay on top of taking photos every once in a while. It just seems redundant since I haven't added anything new, but I guess you guys can at least see all the growth :)

Gena, I also really love that chalice. I only paid like $20 for it and it was one of the earlier corals I bought for the 10 gallon. I'm glad I stuck it front and center in the 30 gallon because its really become the centerpiece of the tank. It just keeps growing. I'm going to have to frag it at some point because its encroaching on the zoas, but I just don't want to ruin its nice oval shape. Also, Johnny (the black clown) hosts that chalice which is fun to watch.

The coral beauty seems to be perfect with all the corals I currently have. I had problems with acans and open brains after moving things into the 30 gallon from the 10 gallon, so she could have been involved in that but I never actually witnessed her picking. Also, I still have other LPS corals like my duncan, candy cane, frogspawn, and scoly which are all super happy and I never see the coral beauty mess with them. I'm glad I took the risk and got the angel because she's super pretty and seems to be perfect with all my corals and the other fish. I just try to feed her lots of food.

• Like 1

It just seems redundant

Never! I live to see growth over time shots, and the slight week to week or month to month changes in a maturing reef. My tanks are still too young to have experienced this yet. :)

• Like 1

Archived