Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AC110 media basket

sidjam

Looks sweet! How do you access the lower chambers? Is it side-loaded?

Is that a full bag of chemipure? I remember reading somewhere about having to empty it part way to prevent overflow in something else. Would be nice to avoid that

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The back side is open. So either top load and for the lower shelves just lift up on the basket. Once in the filter the back side is closed in.

It is a full bag of chemi pure elite 11.74 oz. Fits fine. This filter is huge, depenind on what media basket you are referring to a 6.5oz bag may be more acceptable because of it's size. The AC110 has lots of real estate to work with.

Do u have chemipure and purigen set up in there? when will this product be available? Is there room for a heater and skimmer?

Yes it will fit chemi pure and purigen and even more. They are both very large. Possibly 2-3 weeks but I never give solid dates as it is not in production yet just on the schedule.

Heater and skimmer question answered above with the pictures.

I bow to the AWESOMENESS that is inTank and SteveT :bowdown::bowdown:

Can't wait to till I can get one for my filter. :happydance: HURRY UP already. :P

thanky. Nothing happens fast in this hobby :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

I need to gauge interest by price before I put this into production. The thing with more holes and more material is cost, laser time is not free. Mainly the holes. The basket is very effective at what it does and it greatly improves the AC110, but I would hate to have inventory around that does not move.

Would you guys pay $80 for the media basket and $71 for the basket that also holds the Tunze 9002?

I need to gauge interest by price before I put this into production. The thing with more holes and more material is cost, laser time is not free. Mainly the holes. The basket is very effective at what it does and it greatly improves the AC110, but I would hate to have inventory around that does not move.

Would you guys pay $80 for the media basket and $71 for the basket that also holds the Tunze 9002?

Yes

Hey i could use this on my upcoming 10g build and just lower the flow on the filter. Couldnt I...Iam torn to use the a protien skimmer or not..But the main reason i like this is all the room and allowing me to adjust the flow...Would i run into any problems slowing the flow down???

• 4 weeks later...

On the site NOW!

I put this up there to allow orders, we still need to get tons of pictures shot and a video. This takes time, the videos end up being like 6-8 hours total with editing ohmy.gif But for now you can order. Will update with new pictures soon!

AC110 Media Basket -

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/AquaClear-110...ket-AC110MR.htm

AC110 Media Basket fits Tunze 9002 -

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/AquaClear-110...02-AC110MRX.htm

Hey do you think 1 ac110 with the basket for the tunze would be enough filtration for a 56 gallon tank? Also the basket that has the spot for the tunze does not have room for cheato am i correct.

The filter is rated for 60-110 gallon aquariums so it should be fine.

That basket has two shelves that you can put whatever you want in them, including chaeto. The top shelf is pretty large

Well I really dont want to do any drilling or deal with a sump etc...So I guess i could use 1 110 with your basket the other I could convert to a fuge...I know this would cost more in the long run..But I just dont want to deal with the sump thing plus I would have to buy a new stand since the stand now only has 1 door and barely fits a rena xp 4 filter...

Def. is an alternative to a sump. I will post the dimensions of the chambers in the basket later tonight so you can gauge how large they are.

We started to use an audio track earlier this year, think the RSM video was the first to have one.

ens ens ens

As far as talking, too shy :happy:

New pics are nice. Definitely going to order one after holidays. Now to decide what media to run... I bought a BRS reactor but it's been a real pain - it always clogs up.

So, I'm thinking about getting a controller some day. Do you know if any probes fit into the heater holes?

Archived