Coral Vue Hydros

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral
Have you been to CTE yet?

Yea, a few weeks ago. They had some of there tanks full of fish and some were still being worked on. No corals at the time but they have some now! I may check out there selections soon. Have you been there yet?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the best thing to do. Kill the SOB's before they become trouble.

I had an Aiptasia garden before I redid the drop off. Still have 'em but not as bad. Need to find an aiptasia killing machine. Will probably try the zapper at some point.

Zap'm or inject them with hot KW using a syringe, or glue them in, or whatever method can be used as we all know that they become real pests if not kept in control ... I like your comparison to a "garden" as once they start spreading they can indeed look like a patch of them in a garden indeed.

I have had good success in the past, as I have not had them in my 20G (yet) by using hot Kalkwasser and injecting them with and killing them off that way and siphoning out the decomposing matter (whitish looking) after I killed them of ... this is FWIW

saltwatercoral
Zap'm or inject them with hot KW using a syringe, or glue them in, or whatever method can be used as we all know that they become real pests if not kept in control ... I like your comparison to a "garden" as once they start spreading they can indeed look like a patch of them in a garden indeed.

I have had good success in the past, as I have not had them in my 20G (yet) by using hot Kalkwasser and injecting them with and killing them off that way and siphoning out the decomposing matter (whitish looking) after I killed them of ... this is FWIW

Good to know! I will have to get a syringe and some Kalkwasser for the future! I used glue and glued them in! :D These sound like somthing I dont want to let get out of hand...

I know everyone likes pics so here is one of all of my acan lords together!

20A60FAC-E800-481E-B1BA-617E7AC0F52F-916-0000019EE2EB64DD.jpg

Good to know! I will have to get a syringe and some Kalkwasser for the future! I used glue and glued them in! :D These sound like somthing I dont want to let get out of hand...

Indeed, as they say "it works" :-)

saltwatercoral

Huricane Sandy is heading right twords me! I have a generator to keep the fridge and the tank goin! Be safe if your are near!

Huricane Sandy is heading right twords me! I have a generator to keep the fridge and the tank goin! Be safe if your are near!

I believe it is making landfall right now based on what I hear on the News, somewhere along the Jersey Shore.

All the best and since you have a generator I guess you will be OK ...

Man I hope we don't loose power. Lights are flickering in DC right now so u know what that means for us. Acans look good man. Keep it up! My water got real dirty or some reason. Had to do a big change out. How are your params recently?

saltwatercoral
I believe it is making landfall right now based on what I hear on the News, somewhere along the Jersey Shore.

All the best and since you have a generator I guess you will be OK ...

It's def hit landfall! We have downed wires laying in our street now but still Have power. For how long I don't know.

My MP40wEs has the battery backup and said it will Last 36hrs! So I am going I get my return pump and 1 heater connected for the entire setup. Do you think that will be enough?

saltwatercoral
Man I hope we don't loose power. Lights are flickering in DC right now so u know what that means for us. Acans look good man. Keep it up! My water got real dirty or some reason. Had to do a big change out. How are your params recently?

Thanks Pschom! Hope u don't lose power! Everything is going great, water checks have been very good and I am keeping up with it!

It's def hit landfall! We have downed wires laying in our street now but still Have power. For how long I don't know.

My MP40wEs has the battery backup and said it will Last 36hrs! So I am going I get my return pump and 1 heater connected for the entire setup. Do you think that will be enough?

Not sure how bad it is in DC but in NY is it getting real bad with power cut already to part of the city and flooding in lower Manhattan and many other areas.

Wish you all the best ... and with the back up unit you are going to be OK I think

saltwatercoral
Not sure how bad it is in DC but in NY is it getting real bad with power cut already to part of the city and flooding in lower Manhattan and many other areas.

Wish you all the best ... and with the back up unit you are going to be OK I think

Thanks albertthiel! Power is on here in Bel Air now! Did a good check of the tank and it all looks good. I'm going to do a good check of my water parameters tonight. Everything is going well on my end here. I hope everyone else is going good as well.

Thanks albertthiel! Power is on here in Bel Air now! Did a good check of the tank and it all looks good. I'm going to do a good check of my water parameters tonight. Everything is going well on my end here. I hope everyone else is going good as well.

Great to read it and thanks for posting it ... I am glad yours is ok but wonder how many others are doing and my heartfelt feelings go to them hoping theirs are OK too.

saltwatercoral

Just tested my water and this is what I got:

Mg-1400 magnesium 

Kh-8.7 alkalinity

Ca-450 calcium 

Po4-0 phosphate

No3-0 nitrate

No2-0 nitrite

Nh3-0 ammonia 

saltwatercoral
Good to hear that everything's fine :D

For how long did you lose power?

Wasn't that long Fortunatly, not even a full day.

saltwatercoral

After a few weeks of the Clams not Opening I decided to try to Put them in a different spot in the tank... This did the trick! I put them on the top of the rock work and bumped the lights up a smidge. Here is a pic of them after just about 30 min in there new spot.

4595837D-EE6E-49CA-8184-04DA3FE25564-394-000000BC8D15F69D.jpg

3A3B664C-8AB5-43E1-8379-0B0932ACA17A-394-000000BC85066977.jpg

saltwatercoral
Awesome. Hope they stay good. How's everything else doing? What's your max intensity at now?

Everything else is doing real well and all corals are growing! My acans and zoas have more heads/mouths that I can see and they are getting much bigger with the acans. I believe my max is around 75% with it being the blue and Royal Blue. I turned my whites down some to make the corals POP with there coclors more now! B)

Nice to hear the tank's doing well overall and the clams are happy again. Happy clam.. happy man.. I always say. Couldn't resist ordering a blue squammy today myself. No way in hell am I sneaking this puppy in the frag tank without my wife noticing.

saltwatercoral
Nice to hear the tank's doing well overall and the clams are happy again. Happy clam.. happy man.. I always say. Couldn't resist ordering a blue squammy today myself. No way in hell am I sneaking this puppy in the frag tank without my wife noticing.

LOL def wont be ablew to slip that guy in no matter hwo little it is! Have fun trying though!

saltwatercoral
Good to hear about the clams.

Wonder what it was? Light? Flow?

Not to sure on the clams but I guess maybe the flow?

Here are some more shots of the acans I have now. I will be getting 13 new acans next week with some of the frags being very nice and about $30/head!

636E24AB-5171-4E8B-949B-3AF4FDC30925-4593-0000063607972146.jpg

46292A11-BAB9-4079-AD4D-5ADF4D092534-4593-00000636100A9389.jpg

4079E436-6032-45C6-9015-91B600A8927D-4593-00000636193BDFA3.jpg

7D1F011A-A87D-4F9A-8B37-D806CE6DCB0D-4593-00000636246D0E78.jpg

Archived