Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral

I just had the idea yesterday to feed my acan lords some scallops… So I drove to the grocery store and grabbed myself 4 raw scallops. I took 1 of the scallops and chopped the heck out of it with a knife so it was in tiny pieces. I then took my coral feeder and mixed in my tank water and the tiny pieces and began feeding my Acan Lords. I have never seen these guys take in food so quick! By the time I finished feeding only about ¼ of my acans in the tank some of the acans already took the entire piece in and pushed out there feeder tentacles asking for more…. So I stood there for about 30 min until it seemed that they all had their stomachs filled and their mouths. While I was waiting I had to hit the hermits away from them steeling the food. Then this morning before I took off for work I looked at the acans and I have never seen them this FAT and any time throughout the day! I will post some pic’s when I get home, but it looks like this is going to be how I feed these guys from now on! It did take some time to prep and feed but if they look this happy all the time and begin to multiply quicker than this is how it’s going to be done! Just thought I would throw this out there for any one that has acans and was wondering what to feed them that has GREAT RESULTS!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral

Thanks, Bello. The wife and I are expecting our first baby! This is why I was trying to get some extra $. It it doesnt sell then I am keeping it. Right now I rather not get rid of it!

Congratulations!! That's awesome!! Just had my first child 8 months ago :) , I understand.

Just be sure that the reef bug doesn't bite you later, after you've sold the tank :)

saltwatercoral

Congratulations!! That's awesome!! Just had my first child 8 months ago :) , I understand.

Just be sure that the reef bug doesn't bite you later, after you've sold the tank :)

Thanks Bello! I Congratz on your kid as well! I dont know if I want to sell it due to the fact that the reef bug may hit me again, just like you are saying. But I do have 2 very serious offers on the table right now. This is somthing that I realy need to think about!

saltwatercoral

Here is some upto date pics on my tank with all the acan corals. Some of the Pics I posted are me feeding them the diced up pieces of scallops.

2-3_zps4d012f69.jpg4-2_zpsbcac6584.jpg

3-3_zps37e19b0c.jpg

6-1_zpsc46edc99.jpg

8-1_zpsba1886f3.jpg

9_zps95dd31e2.jpg

7-1_zps959b770d.jpg

10_zps5a80c202.jpg

11_zps0f4ce295.jpg

Today Im going to get some raw table shrimp and see if they like these even better than the scallops!

I will post some pics in a few more days to see the difference...

I was gonna suggest the raw shrimp. Put it in the cuissinart and chop it up. If you're going as far as starting to make your own food, just throw in some spirulina powder from the vitamin store, some cyclopeeze, clams, mussels, oysters and your fish will love you :).

ah.. forgot.. add a few garlic cloves and the jelly from the inside of the aloe vera leaves.

saltwatercoral

I was gonna suggest the raw shrimp. Put it in the cuissinart and chop it up. If you're going as far as starting to make your own food, just throw in some spirulina powder from the vitamin store, some cyclopeeze, clams, mussels, oysters and your fish will love you :).

ah.. forgot.. add a few garlic cloves and the jelly from the inside of the aloe vera leaves.

Im def going to try the shrimp out. I am only doing the dices up shrimp and I will target feed the acans. Some of my chalice take in these small pieces as well, so I will try the shrimp on them. I already feed cyclopeeze and PE Mysis to the fish though. My reef gets some good foods and I hope it all pays off!

saltwatercoral

I def do Bello, thanks!

Wanted to put this out there... I want to trade my tank for a ZERO EDGE aquarium. If anyone has one and wants to trade let me know!

• 2 months later...
saltwatercoral

Well after having this tank posted and some real LOW BALL offers off of CL.... I have decided to keep the $ PIT! I am selling all of my sps and all my Acan lord collections and going with some real nice brightly colored Zoanthids and filling it with almost 100% Zoanthids! I just grabbed my center piece so far of a 600+ polyp watermelon Zoanthid rock, along with a few other nice zoas! This week I'm going to pick up another 1ft rock packed with different colored zoas including some Orange Bam Bam's! I figured this is a hobby that never leaves your blood when you have it in you, lol. Also I may be able to get my baby hotly into the hobby when she grows up!

post-56186-0-88655200-1373245917_thumb.jpg

post-56186-0-53009300-1373245932_thumb.jpg

post-56186-0-49453700-1373245963_thumb.jpg

post-56186-0-63527800-1373245981_thumb.jpg

Archived