inTank Media Baskets

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY SPS CORALS! Man I'm really jealous of your anthias. I know they aren't rare or anything but they are some of the nicest looking fish.

Yeah, good luck with gluing all the frags lol. That might take you longer than setting up the tank!

How has your water been testing? And where are you with the light intensity? I bet at that depth, you could stand to continue incrementally increase it to pretty high.

saltwatercoral
Damn I need me some Criley7 frags!

That's where I get almost all of my Frags from!

saltwatercoral
HOLY SPS CORALS! Man I'm really jealous of your anthias. I know they aren't rare or anything but they are some of the nicest looking fish.

Yeah, good luck with gluing all the frags lol. That might take you longer than setting up the tank!

How has your water been testing? And where are you with the light intensity? I bet at that depth, you could stand to continue incrementally increase it to pretty high.

Thanks pschom! As for putting them on the rock...

Yes it will take a while Im afraid. I do have 2 sticks of the reef epoxy so that should help!

I actualy have not been doing any testing. Everything is doing great and I have no need to do any testing as of yet. I may do some later this week when I have more time to though. I last increased the light on the 7th and am doing a 2 week change. I am going to do a bump tonight with the leds as well! Its going to be a busy night :)

saltwatercoral
Hahaha. That s&@t is full! Let me know about that sump.

It def is! You will be the first I let know about it! When are you thinking about getting it? Just gives me a timeline to work with. Thanks again!

It def is! You will be the first I let know about it! When are you thinking about getting it? Just gives me a timeline to work with. Thanks again!

I won't need it for at least a month.

saltwatercoral
nice fishies

Thanks 21093r53! I think I am all good now for fish and corals!

I just finished getting all the corals off the sand bed and off the Frag rack! Everything is now on the rock and I must say it looks good! I love all the different colors! I will post some pics tomorrow!

saltwatercoral

And here are the pics. I may add a few more yellow acro/sps piecses just for some color though later on down the line... I also cleared out most of the sand bed in the front of the larger shells and put my 5 pieces of challice on the sand bed so there stingers cant sting any of the corals on the rocks now. My fish all hid because when I was done and all cleaned up the lights were out and when I took some pics I bumped the lights up, but anyway.... Here are some pics!

FTS-3.jpg

Leftside-1.jpg

RightSide-1.jpg

Group.jpg

Group3.jpg

Group2.jpg

Greenspagodes.jpg

saltwatercoral
Looking awesome. Looks like your about all done, now its grow out time!

Its def time to let it all grow out! Not unless I decide to get more chalice!

Its def time to let it all grow out! Not unless I decide to get more chalice!

Yea, you should definitely go with more chalice and just cover your sandbed. That would be sweet! I got a few zoa frags/ colonies that I used to start filling in my empty areas.

saltwatercoral

I just had to pull 3 of the 45 frags because they were all white and def no sign of life. I was told a few frags my not make it but decided to take them Anyway. O well, I still make use out of there dead skeletons and use them As decoration, lol. I guess if your going to spend money for them You are goin to make use of them One way or another, right!

I also just bumped the SOL settings up some. The light at the peak is at 45w/65b/65rb.

saltwatercoral
Buy some zoas and glue them to the skeletons. That would be could when they grew in.

It would be but I'm not that into zoas, unfortunately. Maybe I will be further down the line though. Only 2 of the 3 frags are worth keeping. So those 2 are sitting in bleach right now. I'm taking in all my skeletons into work in putting them Under my monitor on the stand. They will be ready by morning! I got fraging/bone cutting scissors so I just cut them Off of the plugs and kept the plugs!

There is one guys/girls/persons tank on here that has there entire bottom covered in square frags of zoos and it looks awesome I might say! If I didn't have a sand sifting star I might consider that! Just a thought for my hat later on down the line!

saltwatercoral

I'm down in Ocean City right now! But before I left I food out that one of my anthias had died... I don't know why? I didn't have time to do anything but pull her out. All the other guys are doing good and my Manderin was out swimming on the rocks pecking and eating. I get back Monday so I will test the water then. I know I tested last night and my calcium was at 600 on the Hana checker. It only goes to 600 though, so I'm not sure what it really is. I have been putting in a small amount of cal and alk every other day- 3 days. I guess I never needed needed to. I hope the excess calcium is not having a prob on the fish!

I would think that if there's a problem it's probably that the levels aren't stable and fluctuating. Of course I don't know without doing water tests. Do you know what your salinity is?

saltwatercoral
I would think that if there's a problem it's probably that the levels aren't stable and fluctuating. Of course I don't know without doing water tests. Do you know what your salinity is?

My sg is 1.025, I did check that before I left. I always try to keep it at that.

saltwatercoral

Here is another weird yet i dont know moments... I have the 2 orange anthias that I believe to be female and I saw them for the first time yesterday looks like to be either fighting or getting some intense kissing going on! :o

here is a pic from the vid I took. They lock on eachothers lips and then stay that way for a second or a few seconds... Any idea what they are doing and is this normal?

Anthiasfightingorkissing.png

saltwatercoral

I decided to start cultivating my own pods for my mandarin. So I went out today and got a 10g tank with heater, hood, LED lights, bubbler and "fake" coral insert that has a good amount of crevices and area for the pods to hide in and grow and multiply. Here is some shot of it up and running. I will probably go out tomorrow and get a 2 bottles...

The "LAB" is my RO/DI unit, 32g Brute for mixing and now added the pod breeder and other miscellaneous items. The "Red Sea Pro" salt was used but I am not using that salt any more. I just have it for a extra bucket...

Thelab.jpg

10gallonwithledlightsheaterbubblerandfakecoralinsert.jpg

LED night lights

BlueLednightlights.jpg

Archived