SaltCritters.com

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
I finally got my wife's camera and got some better pictures too! Any picture updates coming from you?

I hope to get my friend to come over and get some better shots soon!

I also just got confirmation that all my Hanna Checkers will be in tomorrow! I was told they are working on a magnesium Checker as well! I have these showing up!

1 Alkalinity Tester (HI 755: HI_755) HI 755

1 Calcium Tester for Seawater (HI 758: HI_758) HI 758

1 Nitrite Tester (HI 764: HI_764) HI 764

1 pH TESTER (The Original Checker) (HI 98103: HI_98103) HI 98103N

1 Phosphate Low Range Tester (HI 713: HI_713) HI 713

1 Phosphorus Ultra Low Range Tester (HI 736: HI_736) HI 736

1 Phosphorus High Range Tester (HI 706: HI_706) HI 706

1 Silica High Range Tester (HI 770: HI_770) HI 770

1 HI 731318 Cuvette Cleaning Cloths (HI 731318: HI_731318) HI 731318

1 HI 740142P syringe (HI 740142P: HI_740142P) HI 740142P

saltwatercoral
Wait...

You got the Phosphate LR, Phosphorous ULR and Phosphorous HR checkers??

Why?

The question is why not! Lol

saltwatercoral
No, seriously.

Are you a scientist?

Or just have a Hanna fetish?

I like the Hanna checkers and just wanted to get a REAL good reading for everything. I can't waittill they arrive so I can do some good tests! I'll post some pics as well when they come in!

I like the Hanna checkers and just wanted to get a REAL good reading for everything. I can't waittill they arrive so I can do some good tests! I'll post some pics as well when they come in!

Looking forward to the pics

ahaaha, hes real serious guys! I rarely bother even checking.... if stuff stops thriving then somethings wrong...ahah1

yeah get the cleaner a bud, Mine always stay together and clean together too! my Yellow Bellied Regal blue tang and flame angel love them! they each get a side cleaned at a time its amusing to watch because the fish kinda sinks as it happens!

saltwatercoral
You've been a ghost lately...any updates?

Sorry, I did get an update! I got my Hanna Checkers! I First checked my calcium and it only goes up

To 600 and that's what it read... 600. I also checked the ph and I am at 8.18 so I believe that's good. I havnt checked any others out just yet... I'll keep everyone posted!

saltwatercoral

Hey Criley7. Up for some trades? I am not feeling my lobos (open brains). I have the 3 including the one I got from you. Do you feel up for some trades!!!

Hey Criley7. Up for some trades? I am not feeling my lobos (open brains). I have the 3 including the one I got from you. Do you feel up for some trades!!!

I actually dont have any room on my sandbed anymore, plus I have the SPS bug right now and I wanna do an SPS dominate tank. I think I am going to slowly getting rid of everything but my SPS. What happen? Why arent you digging any of the brains anymore? Or were you just being like me and impulse buying anything and everything that looked good at the LFS? haha

Sorry I cant help at all. Im just hooked right now lol, Im sure if you make a FS/FT thread there will be offers to you though cause they are all nice!

saltwatercoral
I actually dont have any room on my sandbed anymore, plus I have the SPS bug right now and I wanna do an SPS dominate tank. I think I am going to slowly getting rid of everything but my SPS. What happen? Why arent you digging any of the brains anymore? Or were you just being like me and impulse buying anything and everything that looked good at the LFS? haha

Sorry I cant help at all. Im just hooked right now lol, Im sure if you make a FS/FT thread there will be offers to you though cause they are all nice!

It's not that I don't like them, because I def do. But I did the new thing and started to buy corals that look nice and I strayed away from my original plan. I want to get my original Plan back on track. It was to have a sps/acro forest tank. I want to have my sand bed mainly clear and filling it up now. Thanks anyway though! Can't quit to see you sps tank full!

It's not that I don't like them, because I def do. But I did the new thing and started to buy corals that look nice and I strayed away from my original plan. I want to get my original Plan back on track. It was to have a sps/acro forest tank. I want to have my sand bed mainly clear and filling it up now. Thanks anyway though! Can't quit to see you sps tank full!

HAHA yea I wasted so much money doing the same thing! Now almost a year later I am back on track! Thank you and I'm looking forward to seeing yours filled up and to see some updated "fancy smancy" pics of your tank. ::nudge nudge::

saltwatercoral

Alright everyone... My first DEATH... My ultra green lobo (open brain) has died. I think I killed him With to Much light. I moved him 2 days ago into some shade but to late. I pulled him Out because the skin was coming lose from the skeleton and he was not puffed at all. When I pulled him Out he def smelled dead. That's my first coral Death. So I'm bleaching him and keeping his skeleton just for decoration sake.

Here is the dilemma. I purchased a bucket of the Tropical Marine pro reef salt and wad looking for a baby powder blue tang and found one!!! The lady pulled it out and as soon as she put it I to her container it went crazy and then actualy died. It had stressed out so much it actualy froze Like a board and floated. It was barley breathing and she said that these are hard to keep long term and are prone to ick. So that scared me From the powder blue Tangs. I felt like I killed the little guy. So I decided to get a baby/juvenile Niso tang. I was assured that it would be a great addition To my tank since it was 120g. I have him Drip acclimating now. I am making a batch of water now because I do a 25g water change every weekend. With the new Niso Tang, should I do half water change today and half tomorrow so I don't stress the little guy out? I know alot of info... Sorry people.

No, do the whole water change tomorrow or the next day. That Naso will be about 15" full grown so he will eventually out grow your tank. That really sucks about the brain man, there will eventually be more deaths so don't ever let it get you down. Just keep on truckin'!

saltwatercoral
No, do the whole water change tomorrow or the next day. That Naso will be about 15" full grown so he will eventually out grow your tank. That really sucks about the brain man, there will eventually be more deaths so don't ever let it get you down. Just keep on truckin'!

Thanks Criley7 for the kind words. I do feel bad but I am trying my best for these guys. I just introduced the Niso tang the Yellow tang is shadowing him everywhere. They are not pacing At eachother but they are acting like they are long Lost friends that just Reunited. He is an Awsome looking guy to add! I think that's all the fish I'm Adding for Now. Now I want to to keep a close eye on the sps corals I have now and watch the growth. If I see good growth then I will start To add more sps corals!

Is it normal for a yellow and Niso tang To get follow eachother around so close? It seams Like they are ok...

I have a yellow tang... It 'shadowed' my larger clown so much that the other one got jeleuous and said F THIS and jumped right out of the tank. They may have gone through a divorce. I didn't see any paperwork. I'm also not convinced it was a suicide cause no one looks like they miss him very much. Lol

Point is, death from what you do and what you don't will happen.

On another note, is your calcium at 600? That's pretty high.

Can we get some pics of the new additions?

saltwatercoral
I have a yellow tang... It 'shadowed' my larger clown so much that the other one got jeleuous and said F THIS and jumped right out of the tank. They may have gone through a divorce. I didn't see any paperwork. I'm also not convinced it was a suicide cause no one looks like they miss him very much. Lol

Point is, death from what you do and what you don't will happen.

On another note, is your calcium at 600? That's pretty high.

Can we get some pics of the new additions?

I'll check my levels tomorrow after my water change to double Check. I may have not done it correctly... I'll also post some Pics as well tomorrow! I just notices some kinda weird formation on my live rock starting. Kinda looks like large sand particles. So was was wAtching and it's actualy a worm of some kind! :o It is real hard to get a pic of him because he comes out when the lights are out and when I shine a light on him to take a pic he darts back in. He looms like he is reddish in color and has small antennas. I'm goi. To pull the rock out tomorrow and crack it open to see what is hiding in there...

Archived