Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Marina Del Rey. I moved out here a few months ago from CT. I'll send you a PM about the maxi tomorrow sometime!

Do you recommend any of the LFS's around?

rbaby are you finding the eheim 2213 to be enough filtration for your setup?

Yes, I have very low bioload and I never have floating food. I give my 2 shrimps a small piece of freeze dried krill every so often and I'll *sometimes* feed Oyster Feast with just the pumps on for an hour for my crab and whatever other filter feeders eat it.

My canister's fairly empty, there are 2 loosely packed filter bags in there to avoid any detritus trappings, and a small poly filter pad that I change out every month or so. The purpose of it for me was to put an inline heater and put a bit of gfo/carbon/phosban so I was seeking something relatively basic. Would it be sufficient if I had a fish? Maybe not...so I stick to the KISS rule. One thing that bugs me about the canister is that right now, it's making a bit of a motor noise and blowing micro bubbles. I have to figure that out next time I crack it open.

On a side note, my VorTech pump shield is now up and running and badass! Glazer created this prototype for me:

P1010483.jpg

Which was then refined to v2:

P1010520.jpg

On the tank:

IMG_4909.JPG

Thanks Glazer...again!

No offense to glazer, but I like the looks of v2 better :) You should get some royalties for that ;)

He shouldn't take offense, he built both :). v1 was built as a prototype and after some playing with it, v2 was built with improvements on what was learned from v1.

He shouldn't take offense, he built both :). v1 was built as a prototype and after some playing with it, v2 was built with improvements on what was learned from v1.

Oh! I thought you tweaked it :lol:

v1 came with a note "see if this works", v2 came with a note saying "this will work and you WILL love it"

Royalties? It's called the "rbaby shield".. sheesh, women. Give them an inch.... :slap::haha:

Steve

I want that Vortech shield as well :(

Send a PM to glazer. I believe he's making it for a few other peeps as well.

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY FOR ME! My boyfriend and sister got me the following corals (are they amazing or what?!)...I JUST put them in after acclimating so they are still pretty pissed off--I'll take better pics once they get situated and when my lights are fully on (just lit them dimly for pic purposes):

Rainbow Maxi Mini & True Blue Maxi Mini

IMG_4939.JPG

Very mad blue hammer coral with flash:

IMG_4934.JPG

Very mad peachy-orange hammer coral with flash:

IMG_4935.JPG

wow rbaby.. love the colors of those hammers! those are too awesome..

Yeah I was eyeing them for a while so I am quite excited about them.

Wow! Just read the whole thing, just beautiful!

Thank you very much!

Nice additions... Updated FTS required ASAP.

I'm giving everything some time to get homey and figure out where to put everything, the pieces are kind of bulky. I am also going to borrow our department SLR and take better photos. My point and shoot's not that great, I think I've maxed out all of the manual settings I can out of it ha!

Man you get some amazing pieces!

Moar pix! :lol:

They look a bit better now but definitely going to continue to rest up since they were only fragged a week or so ago:

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4972.JPG

The rainbow's colors really amaze me, and the blue's strikingly blue...I was worried it would arguably be purple since I was seeking for a true blue maxi so I'm relieved:

IMG_4970.JPG

Can these two Euphyllias touch each other and not sting each other to death...?

From what I understand, two euphyllias of the same family won't sting each other. Hammer and frogspawn won't really sting each other. Torch and any other, bad news.

Archived