inTank Media Baskets

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

Whoa... those are sick. especially the Rhodactis. I wish I knew how to keep shrooms. They'd go so well with my Mary Janes *ehhem*. I'm starting to love your tank more and moar! Keep up the good work and nice pictures!

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did you place the rhodactis in the tank? And the growth you get on your zoas is absolutely amazing!!!!

This is an old FTS but you can see it there in the front on the top picture. Now it's a bit more directly under the light and in high flow.

fts-10-1-11.jpg

Hm...pondering blastos once again...miss my blasto garden...this is my old 20g, had a good collection of blastos...

FTS090105.jpg

...it also makes me miss my DSLR #drats.

Hm...pondering blastos once again...miss my blasto garden...this is my old 20g, had a good collection of blastos...

FTS090105.jpg

...it also makes me miss my DSLR #drats.

Both your tanks look awesome! The aqua scape in the 20g is cool!

This is an old FTS but you can see it there in the front on the top picture. Now it's a bit more directly under the light and in high flow.

fts-10-1-11.jpg

It's a pretty big rhodactis, huh? Did it move itself in the second pic?

Happy Thanksgiving :)

It's a pretty big rhodactis, huh? Did it move itself in the second pic?

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Happy Thanksgiving :). It has never moved, really likes that rock it's on, so it stays wherever I place the rock LOL. It's about an inch and a half big. They are very slow growers for me though, but I think I'm going to start dosing a bit of iodine to help with that.

I got a package today from Glazer. I contacted him about my "MP10 vortex" problem. Since the 60-F is such a shallow tank, the MP10 blows sand down when it's too close to the bottom, and it sucks air in, from the surface when placed closer to the top. I figured, I'd rather have bubbles than a sandstorm...for now any way.

He created a shield for me to keep the MP10 from creating the air-vortex. This is the pic that he sent me, I just installed it and it works PERFECTLY. I'll take a picture of it on the tank...I was worried that the cap might reroute air downward but it doesn't, and it doesn't interfere with surface agitation at all either.

P1010483.jpg

Thank you again Glazer! 60-F owners, take note...baseball cap that MP10.

Workbench pictures don't count girl! Let's see that thing on the tank making a rooster tail... bubble free of course...lol

Glad to hear it's working and solved the bubble tor-na-der thing.

Steve

Your tank looks filthy... :unsure:

Sorry, I'll try to do better :)

Great idea for the MP10. That's pretty trick. On another note, that blasto garden is ridiculous!!!

Yeah I miss my blastos but they take up too much sand space :(

longbeachstateofmind

That date went good, but things didnt work out. :[. Yea, i got rid of the 29g bc and now i have to get rid of my 20g long. But if this tank sells, ill be a proud owner of a custom 100+ gallon when i get back from that job :].

That maxi-mini was just too large for the tank, he totally eclipsed everything! I cut him into 3...I've fragged a bunch of LPS, Zoanthids and softies before...but never an anemone so /crossing fingers:

IMG_4903.JPG

Really sharp blade and a 5 minute iodine dip...hope they make it. Removing a maxi mini from a rock crevice requires a LOT of patience, it was a 45 minute ordeal (tried ice on the foot, tried blowing warm-ish-hot-ish water on the foot...nada...I just had to stick it in front of the pump at a really high setting and push the foot back when I saw it bubble up). Good lord that was not easy or fun...we'll see in 3 weeks how these babies heal up.

I always had luck with ice on the foot. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they do well...which I'm sure they will :)

This sucker was VERY stubborn. How do you do the ice on the foot thing--maybe I was doing it wrong :( but I even tried sticking the ice directly under the anemone when I had a good half of it off...I swear I could hear it giggling from getting tickled at-best.

This sucker was VERY stubborn. How do you do the ice on the foot thing--maybe I was doing it wrong :( but I even tried sticking the ice directly under the anemone when I had a good half of it off...I swear I could hear it giggling from getting tickled at-best.

I just pressed the ice very hard against the food until it lifted a bit and then shoved the ice underneath and basically scraped it off with the ice cube. I had to apply a lot of pressure, but it never harmed them. Hope that makes sense :)

I'm going to have to try that next time, part of the problem being that he found a REALLY good hiding spot. Its foot was in a crevice. I hope that my other nems don't grow too fast so I don't have to deal with that again for a while.

Hope they make it... That's a nice coral. I'd be scared. :scarry:

I hope so too, though they are supposedly very hardy with low mortality rate provided you don't damage the foot...so unless I royally messed up somewhere, I may just be the first to clone a maxi-mini and kill it :).

Because of the sheer size of the guy, I never saw my mini-mini nem or my orange maxi so it's quite necessary to boil him down a little bit.

Awesome tank. How does the filtration work? Does it have a sump?

No sump--I have a KISS system. I have a canister filter just so I can run an inline heater and keep the display clean and be able to surface skim...and my canister's empty except for mechanical media bags that don't have much so stuff doesn't get stuck in bags and be a nitrate factory (because I can get lazy on the cleaning ;)).

Nice! I can't believe I missed this tank.

I've had to remove a few maxi's from various places before. I've actually always had luck with the ice trick. Maybe mind just hated the cold more than yours...

Are you keeping the three of them to spread them out or are you looking to get rid of one when they heal? I'd take one off your hands if all goes well. :)

Archived