SaltCritters.com

rbaby' 60-F Dual View Panorama

rbaby

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope works okay, the margin for error before you lose your siphon is pretty big and I top off pretty religiously--trying to figure out a top off solution that will work, I only have about a 1/4" of space from the waterline to the top of the tank so most float switches won't even hang properly LOL.

A solution might be some kind of gravity fed ATO; I think their ugly for every day use but if you're away from home its an option. Still have to top off daily but that's not a bad thing. BTW beautiful set up... officially subscribed.

Looks great! Have they moved around so far or stayed put?

They migrated a bit towards the left, then the yellow one eclipsed the little one for a few days. Now the little one has managed to move and get some sun. Now that I'm starting to ramp up my lights some more, the mini-mini is starting to develop more yellows and greens :).

A solution might be some kind of gravity fed ATO; I think their ugly for every day use but if you're away from home its an option. Still have to top off daily but that's not a bad thing. BTW beautiful set up... officially subscribed.

Thank you Jay! I think I'm going to start figuring out a solution soon since we might be leaving for the weekend sometime.

Since my Fuzzy green birdsnest is my first SPS, I can't say I have much experience or is familiar with their antics--can someone explain to me why its base is getting darker?

First day I got it:

IMG_4676.JPG

Today:

IMG_4752.JPG

I moved it to higher flow and off to the side instead of in the center, and have been increasing the % of my lights bit by bit...polyp extension is still good and the green tips have kept their color otherwise...is it browning?!

That maxi-mini looks great!! You're getting nice polyp extension on the birdsnest too and I wouldn't say it's browning.

I'm glad to hear that...if the polyps start turning brown, that's when it's classified as browning?

Man, all these rimless make me wanna upgrade my new 40B to an ADA 90-P

You should!

For those who've wondered where my Lily Pipes went, here's a shot at the end of the tank where you can see it:

IMG_4767.JPG

Nice tank!

I think we both got zoas/palys from Tenor around the same time. Yours seem to be growing A LOT quicker than mine. :D

How do you like the AI Nano? How's coverage? and is it on a timer?

Nice tank!

I think we both got zoas/palys from Tenor around the same time. Yours seem to be growing A LOT quicker than mine. :D

How do you like the AI Nano? How's coverage? and is it on a timer?

Thank you! Your ADA setup's sweet, I love that you have so many zoas too :)! Tenor has some great zoas, very healthy...the ones I recently got from him have taken off as well. I will be posting a growth pic of the red hornets at the 1 month mark, those guys seem to grow fast for me.

I really like the AI Nano, it runs cool, quiet and for the longest time I was running it pretty low after I nuked a few zoanthids :(. I had to raise it up a bit (it sits at about 12" above my waterline now) so I can get wider coverage on the long/shallow tank and amp up the power. I typically run it at 25 white 50/50 blues, then do 50 white 75/75 blues for a little bit.

I don't have a controller, not yet anyway...but I do plan on getting one. There is no timer on it, I just do it whenever so my corals are probably pissed =P.

Thanks for the review on the nano. I was thinking about picking one up. I have an ADA 60F as well but it's just sitting there. Couldn't decide on whether to get the nano or sol. I'll probably pick up a nano then to save a couple bucks. :D

Can't wait to see your growth pictures. My purple hornet seems to be the slowest grower out of all the zoas. Maybe red hornets are different.

Thanks for the review on the nano. I was thinking about picking one up. I have an ADA 60F as well but it's just sitting there. Couldn't decide on whether to get the nano or sol. I'll probably pick up a nano then to save a couple bucks. :D

Can't wait to see your growth pictures. My purple hornet seems to be the slowest grower out of all the zoas. Maybe red hornets are different.

The Sol is really overkill IMO (plus, you'd need to buy the controller to make adjustments). If you bought the Sol you'd have to put it on 10% power...makes it seem kinda useless IMO.

However, if you can't mount the Nano high enough for coverage, the Sol might provide better width-coverage for you.

My purple hornets have taken off as well, I got it at 3 polyps and now it's at about 9.

Quick question regarding your light.

Are you getting good coverage left to right of the tank or is there dark spots in the upper and lower corners? I'm considering this light but the tank I'm building is 28" long and I think this light isn't long enough.

Jay, you would really have to raise it up. If it's 28" long and DEEP, I would say get the Sol. If it's 28" long and shallow, you could get away with the Nano.

My light is 12" above my waterline to get the coverage I need. I could get away with less, I had it at around 7" before but I did get dark spots/shadows. Now, I get no dark spots whatsoever.

Love the mount for the Nano. Turned out great.

And amazing growth. Im sorry if you answered this already but what do you have the lights at? Percentage wise.

Im only at 40%w 55% blue and 65%royal and my corals are doing amazing.

Love the mount for the Nano. Turned out great.

And amazing growth. Im sorry if you answered this already but what do you have the lights at? Percentage wise.

Im only at 40%w 55% blue and 65%royal and my corals are doing amazing.

I start it out at 25-50-50 whites to blues, then ramp it up to 50-75-75, then go 0-75-75 before I turn it down to moonlight effect.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's right. My base has never been anything but a pale brown but the polyps can vary in color a little more for the birdsnest.

SouthFlorida_Tron

GOSH I cannot wait for my rimless this week. It's going to sparkle just like yours, makes the reef look so much more impressive than a cheap looking tank!

GOSH I cannot wait for my rimless this week. It's going to sparkle just like yours, makes the reef look so much more impressive than a cheap looking tank!

Yeah a tank without the top bracing/trim just looks so much cleaner.. =/.. wish I could remove my 40B's trim and not worry haha. The trim might irk me enough to go buy an ADA 90P after the holidays.

Your pics are like Schreiba's. They make the tank look huge. Haha. Love seeing updates on this tank.

Thank you, that's the general consensus from my friends. They'll see pictures then see it in real life and make a comment like..."it looked...bigger in the pics..." or..."that's it?!?" haha.

Yeah I really like ADA tanks, even if I ever upgrade to a larger tank I'd probably inquire about a custom tank from them.

Yeah a tank without the top bracing/trim just looks so much cleaner.. =/.. wish I could remove my 40B's trim and not worry haha. The trim might irk me enough to go buy an ADA 90P after the holidays.

I think you should do it, you won't be disappointed!

I am planning on more livestock and need to make room, going to probably list some zoas up for sale for local pick up soon. Maybe I'll trim down my fast growers so they don't overrun the tank too.

Rhodactis.jpg

Rhodactis are so under-rated...so easy to overlook them, I know I did but just recently, I noticed the texture on them. Looks like a bunch of starfishes embedded onto the mushroom. This tri-colored has also taken a while to color up nicely with the new lights, but they're looking much better.

Got a new maxi-mini, this guy's pretty large. I've noticed that he first thing maxis do is tell resident maxi-minis to scoot over...my mini-mini's completely lost because of this guy.

IMG_4817.JPG

Archived