Coral Vue Hydros

High Density LED Build UPDATE

Trick

I was just looking at the bin for the XM-L neutral whites that Milad at ledgroupbuy has. And I found that the color temps for the XM-L's NW he sells are in the 5000k color temp so this would make them much cooler than the regular NW's that are used. This makes me think that i will not need the Cool whites since mixing regular Cool whites with Neutral whites gives about the same color temp(5000k). The build will go as planned with the addition of 660nm somewhere along the way.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Its mostly done now, i just have to paint the project box and do some touch ups but all the major stuff is done. Just gotta test it out now. Pics are coming........ When i get the camera

post-51842-1321183955_thumb.jpg

post-51842-1321183969_thumb.jpg

post-51842-1321183979_thumb.jpg

post-51842-1321183986_thumb.jpg

post-51842-1321183992_thumb.jpg

post-51842-1321183998_thumb.jpg

For some reason the Whites don't dim very much. I may have to check the pots, i thought the color would be nearly washed out by the whites so i'll have to see how much current is going through them.

The heatsink is also cool to the touch, so there is definitely no heat issues.

Just found out that the whites are only running at ten percent of their max power using a volt meter to measure current. The driver is an LPF-40D-15 Meanwell.

Obviously I don't plan on hanging it like this (in fact i might put it on the market). But this is how it looks on my 39 gal CADlights tank. It looks incredible. It even looks good on the camera. You can see how it casts some hard shadows, its just like a halide pendant. Also, there doesn't seem to be a disco ball effect.

post-51842-1321339953_thumb.jpg

post-51842-1321339960_thumb.jpg

post-51842-1321339969_thumb.jpg

post-51842-1321339978_thumb.jpg

It definitely has excellent penetration. It's using LED's similar to the AI phoenix that will be coming out soon. So you could say it has that same power but in a package similar in size of to the AI nano. Also, it looks badass with the fan and heatpipes exposed. Don't mind the hanging wires, those are for the older fixture. I'll put together a hanging kit for it soon, and finish touch ups.

post-51842-1321341235_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Awesome light! Looks like you could use a bit of a bigger CUC ;). Have you seen the peroxide thread for algae control?

You must mean for the hair algae? The bottom left of the tank is just bare of sand cause of flow. Yea i need to stop using tap water.

You must mean for the hair algae? The bottom left of the tank is just bare of sand cause of flow. Yea i need to stop using tap water.

Yeah for the hair algae; peroxide or turbo snails both work quite well.

• 8 months later...
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Sorry about the sideways camera.

Looking great! Thats after a year?

I really want to know how you keep the water in the tank when you have it sideways, thats insane.

Archived