Cultivated Reef

Zoafreak's 10g college tank

Zoafreak

Alright so my 29g tank didn't fit in my room so i'm going to use a 10g.

A little bummed because I can't use my MH and refugium that i bought but i'll save it for something else i guess.

Equipement:

10g tank

Koralia 425

Zoo Med T5 Lighting with a 420nm bulb and a 10k bulb

10lbs of Pukani dry rock from Bulk reef supply

20lbs of pink Figi live sand

Fluval 205 canister filter with GFO and Carbon

Coralife Digital Temperature Reader

Current FTS (Sept.24. 2011):

post-66860-1316911903_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bringing in some of my home grown Zoanthids this weekend!! Nitrates were about 5 and nitrites were 0, i didn't check ammonia but it doesn't smell bad.

So i'll just use some ugly zoanthids and GSP to see how my water chemistry is going.

My salinity is at 1.025

and my rock is looking awesome!!

paint the back of it and get that dumb coralife digi thermometer off the front :lol: BUT besides that looks nice

hahahaa good one chuck...

Yeah definately not painting the back cause that's more money and i already have the tank where i want it.

but the coralife is going on the side eventually when i put the rest of my equipement in the tank and rearrange all the cords!

Weekend is soon!!! time to get corals!!

yeah ill just put a back drop on it.

today i put three small frags of zoanthids and a blue mushroom into my tank!! they look pretty good too :) pictures up soon

here's some pictures!!

one blue mushroom and some awesome zoanthids with neon skirts with red in the center with a blue eye

post-66860-1315632109_thumb.jpg

here's some purple zoanthids and some random zoanthids

post-66860-1315632203_thumb.jpg

nitrates were at 20ppm, and nitrites were at about 4/5. I did a 4g water change and will do another tomorrow. Also I'm thinking of throwing some chaeto in there in a little quarantine box i have. I need to drill holes in the box though so it can have flow through it.

Here's a pic of my home drilled acrylic box with some Chaeto in it. I walked into my LFS and talked about macro's for a while and they gave me some for free :D

post-66860-1316107567_thumb.jpg

is the chaeto holder permanent?

I kind of like it. I'm hoping to get a good pod response from it.

Also it has really helped with my water quality It made my nitrates and nitrites almost zero and they both were really bad, lol.

You think it looks ugly?? lol

I like the aquascape, looking good ! :)

Hey an updated FTS

9/16/2011

post-66860-1316205736_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of a kenyan tree i randomly found in my main tank, i thought i got all of them out...

post-66860-1316205768_thumb.jpg

and a better picture of my favorite zoa's, but still not as good as it could be...post-66860-1316205952_thumb.jpg

haha well I wouldn't say ugly....but just a little out of place. Just my opinion though man, if you like it then keep it by all means. It probably looks different in person anyway lol

Archived