Top Shelf Aquatics

Bonsai Inspired Bommie Reef

divecj5

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The coral colors.... *Drool*

Thanks. For once I was actually able to come somewhat close to the actual way things look in person. When it's just the Royal Blues and a touch of natural whites in the evening, the tank looks like a small gumball machine of vibrant color :)

Nice and healthy looking pieces!

Thanks for the compliment. Can't wait for them to settle in now, encrust, color back up, and then grow.

You may want to make friends with me and trade some of those acans, I have todds torch :happy:

Haha....I'm always up for a trade, especially if it's for a Todds Torch frag. I'll probably let the Acans ride along and grow for a bit longer but I'm definitely down for something in the future.

Amazing pictures.

Thanks. I'm glad they turned out as well as they did.

I really love the colors on those

Thanks. Although in past tanks I focused on a type of coral or chasing after some named piece, I've really tried to focus on getting coral that enhances the aquascape and gives a range of colors. I quickly jammed my last tank full of frags and then noticed that I didn't do that great of a job of mixing things up :)

-Adam

Looking good Adam. Those zoas and acans look great under your light.

Thanks Dan. I think I've finally got the min/max of the RBs, Natural Whites, and Cool Blues pretty well dialed in now. At least I like the overall look; not too blue and definitely not too white. I'd say it's pretty close to a Phoenix 14k look now B)

Always fun scoping out the tank while the lights are off. Here's one of my favorites....blue clove and mushie rock. I'm tempted to lean it against another rock or let it creep up the scape but I'm just nervous that it will quickly take over.

p18644408-4.jpg

-Adam

Always fun scoping out the tank while the lights are off. Here's one of my favorites....blue clove and mushie rock. I'm tempted to lean it against another rock or let it creep up the scape but I'm just nervous that it will quickly take over.

p18644408-4.jpg

-Adam

Even if you don't put it up against the rock, they can break free and end up in other places in the tank. I gave my roomie a rock just like yours and 3 months later small little patches of blue cloves popped up. But still looks good.

Your coral colors look fantastic keep up the good work.

Even if you don't put it up against the rock, they can break free and end up in other places in the tank.

Your coral colors look fantastic keep up the good work.

I experienced something very similar with Anthelia in my first reef tank, a 55 gallon. I didn't realize that Blue Cloves could reproduce by "budding" and breaking free. I'll have to keep my eye on it for sure.

Looks amazing as always, Adam!

B)

Thanks David!!

I agree your corals have awesome coloration.

I love the acro selection :D

New FTS? fingerscrossed

Thanks Michael.

I have some on my memory card right now but the card reader is at work. Should have a full tank shot or two loaded up tomorrow ;)

-Adam

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Any update?? :)

BIG update in the mix. Not sure how many have stumbled over to my new thread but some of the contents of this tank will make their way over to their new home.....an ELOS Mini. Check out and follow along at the new thread below.

Chucktown ELOS Mini

Tank and some other parts and pieces are making their way to our new house this week and the new tank should be up and running hopefully by next Monday at the latest.

SO EXCITED!!!

-Adam

Deleted User 4
BIG update in the mix. Not sure how many have stumbled over to my new thread but some of the contents of this tank will make their way over to their new home.....an ELOS Mini. Check out and follow along at the new thread below.

Chucktown ELOS Mini

Tank and some other parts and pieces are making their way to our new house this week and the new tank should be up and running hopefully by next Monday at the latest.

SO EXCITED!!!

-Adam

Dude that sounds wayyyy too exciting! I can't wait to get mine eventually...hahaha

Are you going to take this tank down when you get your elos mini? I sold my nanocube24g when I got my manta ray....but probably when I get my elos mini, I won't get rid of the manta ray. So it's really up to you ahah. So you just have this tank and the upcoming elos mini in your house right?

Dude that sounds wayyyy too exciting! I can't wait to get mine eventually...hahaha

Are you going to take this tank down when you get your elos mini? I sold my nanocube24g when I got my manta ray....but probably when I get my elos mini, I won't get rid of the manta ray. So it's really up to you ahah. So you just have this tank and the upcoming elos mini in your house right?

The plan is to take this tank down and figure out what exactly I want to do with it. I might be able to talk my wife into this becoming our son's first tank (he's 13 months old :D ) but will likely just focus my energy on the ELOS for now.

omgomgomg

:lol: :lol:

Deleted User 4

You can always sell the gla tank if you plan on just focusing on the elos mini. :D

That's if your wife doesn't agree with you passing it down to your son ahah.

• 4 years later...

Archived