Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bonsai Inspired Bommie Reef

divecj5

Like all reefers, I just couldn't resist waiting for the 5 o'clock hour to scoot home and see if the NanoBox fixture came in. Luckily it was waiting for me like an early Christmas present on our door step.

First impression:

• It's built like a tank while remaining sleek, modern, and incredibly light.
  • The materials are top-notch (from the Kevlar wire wraps, nice stainless steel wire mounts, etc
  • I can't wait to get it over the tank. I was contemplating taking the afternoon off to hang and hook it up :)

I have to scoot to a few meetings but here are a few teasers that I took during lunch. I'll post a full gallery-worth later on if I have the time.

p678073249-4.jpg

p632029948-4.jpg

p834782310-4.jpg

Size Comparison (I'm still amazed at how small and powerful LEDs are)

p748314003-4.jpg

Thanks again Dave.

-Adam

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering if that was something that I could mess with, Dave. I'll make sure they're adjusted flush.

Can you shoot my boss a quick note and let him know that I'm excused from work this afternoon? I'm sure he'll understand :)

That's a sweet looking LED fixture. Can't wait to see pics of this bad boy over your tank.

Also very curious about those leds.

Looks great

Ah dang, now I need an upgraded fixture, lol.

Great looking tank and nice light B)

Can't wait to see how that light goes!! I probably missed it, but is it dimmable?

Yup, they certainly are!!

Sweet tank and light!

Thanks for the compliments on the tank and the fixture. Luckily, I was able to get something quickly rigged up to hang it over the tank last night and I really couldn't be any happier with the overall spread, color mix/combination, and the overall look that it creates. With the mix/amounts that currently have running, it produces a color that is pretty much identical to a Pheonix 14k MH....one of my favorites.

I hope to finalize my plans for a light tree/conduit bar this weekend so I can finally sit back and enjoy something that will be more permanent.

Before sharing a couple of pictures, here are the overall tech specs on the fixture and controller (new one coming in the near future). Feel free to ask any questions.

• Nano Box Unit :
    - 54 Watt Unit
    - Rebel/Rebel ES LED's
    + 6 Rebel ES Neutral White
    + 9 Rebel ES Royal Blue
    + 3 Rebel Blue
    - Actively cooled. Heatsink and fan
    - CNC Body
    - Kevlar Wire Sleeving

Controller
    - RTC
    - USB Control
    - Custom driver with 770mA max output.
    - Storm, Cloud, Ramping, Lunar settings
    - CNC Housing

After finally getting it all hung up and firing, I only had a few minutes to take some pictures. I'm still struggling to find just the right settings in camera to produce a true to life picture. The colors are SO crisp and vibrant in person. Just hard to capture I guess with a DSLR sensor without using a flash

Full Tank Shot (it's brighter and the colors POP in person)

p169528243-4.jpg

Fruit Loops / Nightmares (With Flash so it makes the color more neutral and less vibrant)

p185477661-4.jpg

Royal Blue Psychedelic Goodness

p108283256-4.jpg

p382915490-4.jpg

Plenty more to come. Couldn't be happier with my reef at the moment.

-Adam

Looks awesome adam..congrats on the new fixture.

Thanks man. If only I could figure out the white balance/exposure issues with my camera I would really fill the thread up with pictures. ;) I used to think taking pictures under T5s was a chore but LEDs take the cake.

Not a ton of change in the tank recently. A few sections of the new rock structure are experiencing a small diatom bloom. I actually figured the entire tank would go through a small brown algae spike. Looking forward to it subsiding and then making the slow transition of being populated by beneficial bacteria as well as some coralline.

Just a few pictures of the fixture hanging over the tank followed by some actually decent coral shots. It's about as close as I've been able to get to what things look like in person.

Fixture

p827700124-4.jpg

p589296235-4.jpg

p903700227-4.jpg

p774909489-4.jpg

Coral

p572153468-4.jpg

p714302598-4.jpg

p185477661-4.jpg

p1034906568-4.jpg

p918464760-4.jpg

p646410472-4.jpg

Love Love Love this Acan

p480987289-4.jpg

Fruit Loops under the Royal Blues

p640348759-4.jpg

I might make a trip up to the LFS today as they got in a really nice list of fish this week. The Orange Torch is also going to be ready to pick up early next week.

-Adam

Those fruit loops are beautiful B)

They have quickly become some of my all-time favorites. They are a smaller sized polyp but the coloration is out of this world. Grows pretty quickly and adds ton of color to the tank.

Orange torch! omgomgomg

And those acans, I neeeeeeeeeed frags, those are stunning

I hear ya. I can't wait to get my hands on the Orange Torch. It's only going to be a single head but I have plenty of time and space to let it grow.

I seriously need to get more Acans now that I've gotten the lighting and flow pretty well nailed down.

C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-RRRRRRR-S! Fight Tigers! Fight Tigers! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Booo!!!!

Very nice Scape!

Thanks.

:Hi5:! Joining the Nanobox Club :happy:

Woohoo!!! :happydance: You're going to love it.

This tank should sell some Nanoboxes. Really nice looking tank and the corals look great under the new light.

Thanks. I agree that the combination of the scape and coral (so far) really highlight this fixture.

Archived