Coral Vue Hydros

taking coral from hawaii

Rosti

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is false ^.

This forum is a terrible place to look for any advice on collection. Laws vary from state to state. I don't know Hawaii's collection laws, but you won't get it on an airplane regardless and going to other people's homes and taking coral - even if it is legal - is disrespectful anyways. When I was younger I always loved the idea of collecting corals and fish for my aquarium. Unfortunately, in the overpopulated, polluted place we live in, this is not possible. I do occasionally and legally collect palythoa, zoanthids, and other corals and fish, however, abiding by my states laws.

Have fun in Hawaii though.

This is false ^ its called poaching you need a collecters license and only a handfull of people have them in FLA. they don't just give em to anybody it is handed down from the previous owner

State law prohibits the breaking or damaging, with any implement, any stony coral from the waters of Hawaii, including any reef or mushroom coral. HAR 13-95-70

It is unlawful to take, break or damage, any implement, any rock or coral to which marine life of any type is visibly attached. HAR 13-95-71

The taking of sand, coral rubble or other marine deposits is permitted in certain circumstances. The material may not exceed one gallon per person per day, and may be taken only for personal, noncommercial purposes. HRS 171-58.5, HRS 205A-44

http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dar/coral_liverock.html

/endthread

3 pages to get the right advice? C'mon I hope you get caught if you do and really embarrass your parents and waste their $$$$ so on the next trip they leave you home

Im going to smuggle some zoas into my luggage :)

I mean if people can smuggle weed onto planes there's no way I can't hide a jar or zoas

You shouldn't have a problem, if you can fit that jar in your backdoor.

This is false ^ its called poaching you need a collecters license and only a handfull of people have them in FLA. they don't just give em to anybody it is handed down from the previous owner

3 pages to get the right advice? C'mon I hope you get caught if you do and really embarrass your parents and waste their $$$$ so on the next trip they leave you home

You are misinformed and confused. A valid Florida fishing license allows you to collect recreationally. Selling requires a saltwater products license.

"Corallimorphs and Zoanthids: No more than 5 single polyps of each may be landed per person per day, must be harvested with a flexible blade no wider than 2" such as a putty knife, razor blade, or paint scraper."

http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/regulat...uarium-species/

I'm not sure why people seem to think they know the laws everywhere when they don't. Nice try though. A little research helps.

This has to be one of the dumbest threads I have ever read. Not the people explaining why collecting corals is illegal, or arguing over which states you can collect in. But the OP seriously thinking he is going to swim off the beach in Honolulu and somehow find a single coral, let alone cut one off a rock and somehow get it on the plane and then have it survive the trip. Then someone posts the law of the state, and the OP goes on to say oh well gonna try anyways. This is basically a replica of his anemone thread, "can i get an anemone? no.. okay i got one anyway." Except this time it is, "can i harvest corals from Hawaii on vacation? no? Its a felony? Okay, well I am going to anyways."

Someone remove this guy from the message board, he makes humanity look retarded.

Im going to smuggle some zoas into my luggage :)

I mean if people can smuggle weed onto planes there's no way I can't hide a jar or zoas

And yeah it has strict rules refering to the pineapple thing.

Last time we went,they made me throw my apply away >:|

This has to be one of the dumbest threads I have ever read. Not the people explaining why collecting corals is illegal, or arguing over which states you can collect in. But the OP seriously thinking he is going to swim off the beach in Honolulu and somehow find a single coral, let alone cut one off a rock and somehow get it on the plane and then have it survive the trip. Then someone posts the law of the state, and the OP goes on to say oh well gonna try anyways. This is basically a replica of his anemone thread, "can i get an anemone? no.. okay i got one anyway." Except this time it is, "can i harvest corals from Hawaii on vacation? no? Its a felony? Okay, well I am going to anyways."

Someone remove this guy from the message board, he makes humanity look retarded.

+1^

Thats why we dont let kids vote, ect.... they are not responsible enough to know when a decision is a bad one!

Please lock! :lockdown:

Lol I hear the teen police coming. Agreed, though

Archived