ReefCleaners.org

OH MY GAWSSHHH HEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Euphyllia

The lights went off on my tank a while ago, and I was looking in to find my tiny feather duster..... Then I see a gray worm draped across the rock, coming out a a hole. I shined my light on it, and it just stayed still for two seconds. Then it retracted into the hole. On the end of the worm, there was a split end with 1"+ "tentacles". They were flat like a tap worm, and each had a beautiful blue streak on it. I saw it had a dark tan stomach down on the end near the rock. The part I saw was 5" long. Not sure how long the rest was.

What could it have been? Anyone have a link to a good worm ID website? It was so scary. It was more like the kind of worm from somebody yard than a eunicid type worm. It wasn't a swimmer or a crawler, but it acts like a worm you would find in your yard.

PLEASE HELP!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a eunicid worm.....bad news

article-1165930-03F7CCDE000005DC-686_468x332.jpg

It's not. I know what those look like. It was like a worm that you would find in your yard. Any ID sites?

Theres alot of worms that are in the eunice family...

Does it look like any of these?

I drew'd a pichur for yew. :P

2nlvgjt.jpg

Were they tentacles at the end or could it have been a feather duster out of its tube?

Nope. It was a looong worm. It came out of a hole in the rock. The tentacles aren't feathers. There's just two. They are flat. The reminded my of the "feathers" on top of a nudibranch, but they were flat like a tape worm and they flopped around in the water column.

OMG i have one of these in my tank! cept its like green

Onoz :o

feather%20duster%20worm-1.JPG

?

Could it have been the feather duster you were looking for?

The feather duster I was looking for was less than 1cm. This thing was more than 5"...

Could be a spaghetti worm maybe. They do their moving around at night.

Just saw your pichur. Looks like some kind of ribbon worm.

No a spaghetti worm. I would say ribbon worm, but the actual body was round and skinny. Maybe 2mm around. It has ribbon-worm-like "tentacles" on the end, as in the picture.

I have no idea, but I'd love to have this on a Tshirt.

I have a T-Shirt making kit. Just need to print out the image and iron it on. :P

IT'S AN ALIEN!!!!! omgomgomg got that out of my system. I'm with sstuckey though the drawing would make a pretty awesome t-shirt. Maybe with the caption of "What's in your tank?"

Archived