Cultivated Reef

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

That's what I was thinking rob - just was trying to guage whether it would be cheaper to have one built to my specs or for me to build one. Main problem is no table saw. I got a circular and miter...but when I tried acrylic in the past I've always cracked a 45$ sheet trying to use a circular lol...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been there...done that..that's what my current sump is except not derimmed

P2050054.jpg

I wanna increase the height from 12 to 18 inches and do a double reverse separator sump such as here but taller

SumpDiagram2.jpg

Haha love you too brad! I have a 15 tall that was a tetra tank for a while. It should be an easy tank to track down, I got mine at Petsmart. Marineland brand.

Yea Joel - just called my pet smart ....haha word 19.99 yo

Gena...I must be the youngest 24 year old then hahaha jk

Also...I'm going to build the second cabinet for the reef angel this weekend....and then finish them both together....I haven't decided yet...but I think hype has convinced me to get a seahorse pair...so the third tank may be a seahorse and dragon tongue tank.....oh shiizzz

Yea Joel - just called my pet smart ....haha word 19.99 yo

Gena...I must be the youngest 24 year old then hahaha jk

:lol: Not quite. Actually....you guys are the only twentysomethings I "know".

Haha oh...good point lol...check last post edit...two biotopes connected to main tank...I think I'm gonna cry when this is all done. I'm shooting up reef on a daily...frigging addiction

Nope I didn't haha....I was originally gonna do a frag tank and mantis tank...however may put a mantis in the new sump and cut a window in the door to make floating display fuge....I'm so bad haha...its gonna be like 4 tanks in one lol...

Oh...I thought you had put up drawings before with two small tanks flanking the big tank...or was that the frag and mantis tanks? Maybe I dreamt it. Or maybe I'm psychic :lol:

IMG_20120126_084012_edit0.jpg

Your right this was the drawing/idea...but I'm changing it to clownemetope on right and seahorseytope on left I think...and new sump will be windowed for display..

Window for sump = cool. sometimes the most interesting go on in there :)

I think so too!!!!!

I would soooo love to add a side display refugium full of cool macros.

Yea. I think the seahorse tank I'll move the dragon tongue over.. and add 3 or 4 mangroves and some planted halimeda(sp?).and the new sump will be 20 long and 18 high...soon I'm thinking a fuge window that's 14inches wide by 14high. And maybe add another macro other then cheato to the sump..something bluish or orangish..maybe put a couple sponges

Yea. I think the seahorse tank I'll move the dragon tongue over.. and add 3 or 4 mangroves and some planted halimeda(sp?).and the new sump will be 20 long and 18 high...soon I'm thinking a fuge window that's 14inches wide by 14high. And maybe add another macro other then cheato to the sump..something bluish or orangish..maybe put a couple sponges

Boy do I have macros for your sea horse tank!

Diggin whatcha got going on here. Looking forward to your finished product.

It will never be finished haha....

Boy do I have macros for your sea horse tank!

Word

So I'm gonna concentrate on getting both tanks set up at the same time - provided my clowns can behave for a couple more weeks. Picking up a 15 high tonight provided pet smart still has it. So sump first. Then I'll add the water volume of both tanks after new sump.settles...oh this is gonna be funnnnnnnnn

Archived