Top Shelf Aquatics

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting intense in here! I am stressed about my SUMP/Fuge plans you have to figure how to support close to 3000lbs on a stand. F that!

I bet this is going to be fricking awesome! Soon as I can start fragging things let me know what you want. I can try and get you some more Sick SPS to start the tank with.

I got a nano box :)

I heard. Congrats they are truly nice pieces of equipment

Getting intense in here! I am stressed about my SUMP/Fuge plans you have to figure how to support close to 3000lbs on a stand. F that!

I bet this is going to be fricking awesome! Soon as I can start fragging things let me know what you want. I can try and get you some more Sick SPS to start the tank with.

Wooooooord lol I'm gonna need probably 100+ frags to stage up including what I have already to give it a good start.

Someone start growing some Strawberry Shortcake so I can buy a frag off of you ;)

Haha I have a secret collection of frags I've been fragging off my stuff to make second and third colonies on a rack behind my rock work....I'll be trading and taking donations to fill up the cube hahahaha

Haha I have a secret collection of frags I've been fragging off my stuff to make second and third colonies on a rack behind my rock work....I'll be trading and taking donations to fill up the cube hahahaha

omgomgomg

Reserve a SS for me please :wub:

I will - my goal at first will be to make a 2nd colony of all of my stuff. To always have a backup colony. This will allow me to not frag anything in the display. Unless by accident or necessity due to warfare. I'll have around 6sq ft of frag tank space half for colonies and half for frags. And two corners with bins for maxis and one for bubble splits. I'm hoping I'll end up at the point after a year that I will have frags up to my ears and be begging people to take them off my hands lol

I will - my goal at first will be to make a 2nd colony of all of my stuff. To always have a backup colony. This will allow me to not frag anything in the display. Unless by accident or necessity due to warfare. I'll have around 6sq ft of frag tank space half for colonies and half for frags. And two corners with bins for maxis and one for bubble splits. I'm hoping I'll end up at the point after a year that I will have frags up to my ears and be begging people to take them off my hands lol

Feel free to let me know when this happens! ;):lol:

surgicalsense

I wanted your hand-me-down frags :lol: ... I just couldn't afford the crazy shipping. Maybe when I move semi closer it will not cost as much? Question form :lol:

You should just hold on to them anyways, larger tank B)

I wanted your hand-me-down frags :lol: ... I just couldn't afford the crazy shipping. Maybe when I move semi closer it will not cost as much? Question form :lol:

You should just hold on to them anyways, larger tank B)

Soon there will be plenty to go around. B)

Sex w/ an auto shut off when shes full lol....I keep trying to break away but this skimmer just calls me

black-pearl-cs2-cone-skimmer.jpg

devilsadvocate
Sex w/ an auto shut off when shes full lol....I keep trying to break away but this skimmer just calls me

black-pearl-cs2-cone-skimmer.jpg

i feel like the neck in the cup would get too dirty to skim properly before that canister would fill.

jedimasterben

I have some new information that will change the way you look at "true violet" LEDs. I don't know what exactly I should/can say right now, but I can at least say that, and that for your tank, I would now recommend absolutely no more than 16x.

I built most of my stand today, and asked my dad about yours. When I asked if you could help out with the design, he said "yeah, tell him we can build it this weekend, no problem!" and I was like "uhhh, he lives in another state." "Oh. Nevermind." :lol:

You will need eight legs, with nine being preferable if you are making it yourself, as a CYA. One in each corner, one halfway between each corner, and one dead center of the stand.

Build the main frame out of 2x6, and where the tank will sit, put a brace every foot.

I wish I was better with Sketchup or I'd edit your design for you. :(

Wow Brad ... that is a crazy plumbing system. How about the noise?

Main display tank will be herbie full siphon ;). My guess the Skimmer will be louder then the flow. Thinking of putting a type of mat on the inside of the doors to minimalize that. Only other fall will be from the frag tank but at a 13 inch drop it shouldn't be to loud with a durso or hoffer standpipe

surgicalsense
Main display tank will be herbie full siphon ;). My guess the Skimmer will be louder then the flow. Thinking of putting a type of mat on the inside of the doors to minimalize that. Only other fall will be from the frag tank but at a 13 inch drop it shouldn't be to loud with a durso or hoffer standpipe

Well the sound of a water fall effect is nice ... but the running noise of a fizzing motor and bubbling pipes :lol:

I don't know if Avast makes good stuff, but it sure looks sexy!

:lol: when plumbing parts for a reef tank excites a man.

Probably gonna have mp40s on it and not do closed loop so I'll have they're hum to mesmerize

The soothing hum of the pumps! I think I may miss mine when I get it all the way I want it. :P

Here's the idea for hanging - sorry its no sketch up

IMG_20120416_101808.jpg

Finally someone besides me who made a led with angled heat sinks. I highly suggest you go with your idea. Your corals will appreciate the extra light that comes from the sides. You will get the added benefit of having corals that have been placed under any tabling/plating corals to thrive not just survive off the reflected light. It also blends the led light together so you'll get less spotlight effect. Can't wait to see yours completed. :D

jedimasterben
Finally someone besides me who made a led with angled heat sinks. I highly suggest you go with your idea. Your corals will appreciate the extra light that comes from the sides. You will get the added benefit of having corals that have been placed under any tabling/plating corals to thrive not just survive off the reflected light. It also blends the led light together so you'll get less spotlight effect. Can't wait to see yours completed. :D

It's pretty genius. I think I may do something similar on mine!

Archived