Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

I considering doing an LED/T5 combo on my tank. Recently I took a 2 bulb T5 fixture with a 10k and antinic bulb, and I put it over my tank and mixed and matched with my LEDs. I was ultimately not impressed. The T5 color was so washed out. I went back to all LEDs and I'm very happy.

I did too - the only t5led combo I liked was using ONLY purple plus bulbs but I will be doubling my violet led to get that effect...the build will be

60violet led @ 525mA

48royal blue xte @ 850mA

30 XML t6 @ 2100mA

30 xpe cool blue @ 700mA

24 turquoise @ 588mA

12 deep red @ 525mA

12 380nm ultra violet @ 525mA

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

Love the waiting for the new home to be built and awaiting your move-in.

Oh yeah, blah Happy Monday :P

Its gonna be awesome..lol moving tanks will suck though bleh

I moved my tank 3' and it sucked. I can't imagine a full move. :lol:

surgicalsense
Its gonna be awesome..lol moving tanks will suck though bleh

Yes, I know... but, I am not so worried about like I was. I think I have passed the panic stage of it now.

I moved my tank 3' and it sucked. I can't imagine a full move. :lol:

Haha yea I'm dreading it....uhhhh

Yes, I know... but, I am not so worried about like I was. I think I have passed the panic stage of it now.

Lol my panic just started lol

That sounds like a sweet light plan.

I just drank a 16oz. red bull. I have wings.

Have you tried the new red bull yet? And yea the light will be sweet...considering its 6 of my lights plus some it will be close to 54k lumen lol...serious ####

House and GF look sweet!

I knew your were gonna come up with a sexier tank(s) version with the new house!!!!

Yea Spiro - so now I have to work on quite a bit for the upgrade

lighting

4x4x18 tank

Stand - incorporate a 25 gallon fuge and 30 gallon sump. And the 18x40x6 frag tank. In a 48inch stand

Figure out an equipment panel like urbaneks

figure a closed loop pump.

Mag 1250 return

See if someone will trade me vortechs for a new avast marine cs2 black pearl skimmer. Or sell them to buy the skimmer.

Get in on a brs group buy and get about 70 more pounds of rock.

Get another relay box for the reef angel.

surgicalsense
:P it will pass once the months count down closer. Like Gena and I figured, corals/fish go through worse transit while being shipped and for longer periods then our lengthy commute we will have to endure soon enough. So inhale blue and exhale pink, the panic will pass ;)

Haha and I'm only moving 4 miles lol...its the tear down tha will suck...and the fish that hide in rocks...

surgicalsense
Haha and I'm only moving 4 miles lol...its the tear down tha will suck...and the fish that hide in rocks...

I purchased a large clear rubbermaid bin. I am going lay some of the rocks flat on the botton so the fish/inverts/corals do not get smooshed. Since I have the mag frag rack I will just stick that inside the basin also to hold the loose frags still... Some rocks will go in a regular bucket with some water, the ones with no corals on them. We will be on Hwy 40 traveling eastbound :lol:

Going to be sweet!

You going to start a new thread or just adapt this one as it really is just a MASSIVE upgrade for this tank?

Love the house, and as everyone has already said Britt is a hottie! :D

Hope you had a Happy Easter!

Well...good and bad news. I was in the middle of making this awesome layout for the 6 of these clusters going over the 4x4 tank

Layout.jpg

and I got a phone call from sheriff department. Brit had called me 10 min earlier leaving school and got in a head on :( ####ed up her hip :\

No shimmer, no sunrise/sunset. I like LEDs and they're ability to he controlled and I can change the color tempurature throughout the day for growth and viewing. The cost will eventually pay for itself as this won't be a temporary set up. It will be the tank I'll keep till I'm old and wrinkly.

Yikes! I hope everything turns out ok. Accidents are scary stuff. Thoughts and prayers your way.

That is awesome news about the fish room. On a side note, hybrid fixture?

Wow man congrats on the new house that's awesome!! And the fish room with new tank... I just custom ordered a Pico aquarium.. So freakin excited... 30x20x16 all starphire custom sump area etc.. Custom lite bracket for my ai sol, similar to Tron's. Wanted something larger but since I'm on the top floor in our condo my gf is paranoid about an explosion. So I told her I ordered a new tank since I'm giving my biocube to my nephew and it's about the same volume.... Well I fudged the numbers a bit, said the new one was about 30 gallons but it's really about 42 ;)

Thanks for your thoughts guys. She seems to be OK other then her hip. She ran a stop sign she normally turns right at so it was like a t bone head on thing. Car is totalled from what I could tell - passenger side apilar is bent. I'm just glad she is OK. I know random but remember - driving with emotions is bad. Even if your in the best mood ever. Driving happy and blissful will male you more faceless then driving angry. I don't know how this will effect getting the house. I gotta call insurance today and start the process. More then likely have to purchase another vehicle. Once again I'm glad she's OK...but pathfinder vs forte...the pathfinder demolished the kia :/

I dunno about a combo fixture - I have considered it but at the same time 700 watts of LED over 2304 cubic inches? 8-9 inches off the water. I may consider it if I am notpleased with the new ratios. But hopefully I will like them even more then my current setup. Which is a little shy of the ratios in the cluster above.

Archived