Green Spongodes

IMG_20120402_192141.jpg

Light my fire...

LightMeRight.jpg

IMG_20120402_191926.jpg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank is looking great. Question: It looks a bit dim, but the corals are bright, is it the black sand/camera/angle/height of light from water?

Thanks. As far as looking dimmer, yes the black background and sand reflect less light up, also most of the pictures that I take are during the sunsetting on the tank, and also to capture decent quality pictures with my phone I have to turn the exposure and white balance down. Hmm...

Here is one...on sunrise? Still lowered exposure

IMG_20120302_184720-1.jpg

Mid Noon?

IMG_20120222_172132.jpg

Cannon?

2011-12-04_22-26-32_217.jpg

HAHAHA! I love that living room shot of a pre nuclear explosion! That's how my pics always come out.

BTW, how's all the mad scientist projects coming along?

HAHAHA! I love that living room shot of a pre nuclear explosion! That's how my pics always come out.

BTW, how's all the mad scientist projects coming along?

Haha yea it does kinda look like an explosion lol. The projects are piecing together however are on standby for setup until the house is built when we move in july

I'm sorry about the clam :( you sure made up for it with all those awesome photos though.

Yea it sucks but what can you do - I tried all I could but was to late for the last hurrah.

Had the same issue with my Cameraphone, DSLR FTW. I will never go back! ;)

Yea - just need a polarized filter

Haha yea it does kinda look like an explosion lol. The projects are piecing together however are on standby for setup until the house is built when we move in july.

So you are building instead of buying?

I was wondering what exactly red or magenta lighting is good for in a reef tank? I installed mine today and I love the looks. Just wondering what benefit it will be? I figured if anyone knows, it's you!!!! Thanks :)

I just got caught up and all I have to say is hot d*** those are some nice photos! I'm drooling over that duncan and that gorgeous monti. Also, your photography skills make me crazy jealous. I apparently need to get to work on mine :)

So you are building instead of buying?

I was wondering what exactly red or magenta lighting is good for in a reef tank? I installed mine today and I love the looks. Just wondering what benefit it will be? I figured if anyone knows, it's you!!!! Thanks :)

Yea I originally wanted to build but when I looked through 67 houses we visited and they either got contracts on them before us or we just weren't satisfied with what was available we decided to go back to having a house built....its all framed up now too roof is being installed right now ;)

Well magenta is a dual diode that outputs 443nm royal blue and 660nm deep red. Both these colors are used by photosynthesis in zooxanthellae. Basically your corals will morph colors a little bit and you should see a positive response in growth . Basically the more spectrum within photosynthetic ranges of light you provide the more energy will be transferred to that coral resulting in healthier stronger and faster growth. Plus it looks pretty and for me Tue colors of the corals have become much more vibrant

I just got caught up and all I have to say is hot d*** those are some nice photos! I'm drooling over that duncan and that gorgeous monti. Also, your photography skills make me crazy jealous. I apparently need to get to work on mine :)

Thanks Felicia. I've been busy with work so its hard to keep up with anything anymore. We just launched Red Bull Total Zero yesterday. And its reset season and summer is right around the corner meh

Haha photography skills? Thank my android lol..oh and I love my Duncan and monti lol

Thanks D. That last pic totally made my day. I get it now.

Glad you enjoyed the pre nuclear explosion haha

Yea I originally wanted to build but when I looked through 67 houses we visited and they either got contracts on them before us or we just weren't satisfied with what was available we decided to go back to having a house built....its all framed up now too roof is being installed right now ;)

Well magenta is a dual diode that outputs 443nm royal blue and 660nm deep red. Both these colors are used by photosynthesis in zooxanthellae. Basically your corals will morph colors a little bit and you should see a positive response in growth . Basically the more spectrum within photosynthetic ranges of light you provide the more energy will be transferred to that coral resulting in healthier stronger and faster growth. Plus it looks pretty and for me Tue colors of the corals have become much more vibrant

How exciting to be building!!!! Congrats :)

Thank you for that detailed explanation of magenta. It was just what I was looking for :happy:

surgicalsense

Morning ... sweet, on the house. Which one? Love the tank/living room shot :P with your blinding LEDs you have there.

Love that vid! There's so much going on in there!

Congrats on the house!!!!

Thanks haha...the YouTube provided music is lame though

Morning ... sweet, on the house. Which one? Love the tank/living room shot :P with your blinding LEDs you have there.

Haha thanks. What do you mean which one? And yea that.living room shot was from when I was first setting up the tank. Pretty gnar haha

Brad, such a lovely little video, very sweet music and yes can see all the fishies, so cute.

Question: was it the angle or did you just feed, the water looked cloudy?

2nd question: is the mandy fattening up? what have you tried feeding it?

Missed the clam :/

Archived