SaltCritters.com

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope so. I wish house shopping was like car shopping and you could give them all a test drive within walking distance loo

I sure hope so. I wish house shopping was like car shopping and you could give them all a test drive within walking distance loo

Would be nice!

;)

I love this tank and i've just been following to see more pictures of it. Mostly i'm interested in the lighting aspect of it.

Could you possibly tell us what percent of each channel is on for some of the shots you've taken? Or what led's are on/off and what your favorite color combo's are? That would be most helpful and awesome of you.

The latest shots were taken at 70% white. 95% blue and royal blue. And 85% violet turquoise and red. White balance on camera was at -0.12 dot and o.64 dot exposure

I suggest sitting outside the house you want to make an offer on (in your car) and seeing what the neighbors are like. How noisy they are, etc. I kind of wish we had done that. Luckily the obnoxious neighbors moved away a few years ago. It's like a new neighborhood :lol:

And make sure you have good cell phone service around the house. I know one couple who bought a condo and have to have a land line because cell service is so crappy there. Another couple bought an old house and the walls are so thick the wireless doesn't work very well.

Good luck on the house hunting....very exciting but very stressfull.

Tank is looking great! Love those monti's!!!!!

Brad, saw this reef angel package and was wondering if it would be right for me. I thought you use this product and wanted your opinion.

Want to control heater/tank temperature

PH

ATO

-I don't have vortecs

-No chiller

IF this is not the controller that suits my needs, can you suggest an alternate?

If this is right for me - how difficult would it be to program?

It depends on your comfortable uploading code - plugging in the USB to serial bus wire on the controller. The things, you are trying to accomplish are easy and all capable with the reef angel basic controller package.

Programming for you would literally be nonexistent. Everything you want to accomplish can be programmed with RAGen with a few clicks of the mouse - it will export a PDE file which you open with aurduino and then click upload.

For you I would suggest getting the wifi module to be able to control and monitor your tank from your phone.

Also you will he able to tell the controller what ports to turn on/off for feeding and water change.

Just remember you will need to wire the float switches. So you will need 22ga stranded wire. Either wire nuts or soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing and silicon to seal the connection. - typical float switch setup except you will be wired directly to RA without a relay.

You will also be able to control your lights instead of using a timer you'll use the standard lights function in ragen and tell it what ports and what time

So the basic controller will be able to do this for you

-ATO you can use both or one and can have it set up as follows

- ato high = tank level high, ato low = tank level low

- ato high = tank level

- auto high = tank level , ato low = resovior low warning

- monitor ph with probe also ability to control ph through use of kalk in top off

- control tempurature by setting Max and min temp

- control lights on/off

- on touch water change or feed mode enable to turn off designated ports

- ability to delay ports such as skimmer delay for coral feeding or phyto dosing ect

- ability to program auto liquid feeding using something like a toms aqualifter plugged into a port

I suggest going to the download page and reading through the controller manual to see if you would he comfortable plugging in the things as mentioned there. And also downloading a copy of RAGen and arduino installer to get a feel for it before you purchase. If you have any questions let me know or feel free to post on RA forums - Roberto and binder are always there to help

It depends on your comfortable uploading code - plugging in the USB to serial bus wire on the controller. The things, you are trying to accomplish are easy and all capable with the reef angel basic controller package.

Programming for you would literally be nonexistent. Everything you want to accomplish can be programmed with RAGen with a few clicks of the mouse - it will export a PDE file which you open with aurduino and then click upload.

For you I would suggest getting the wifi module to be able to control and monitor your tank from your phone.

Also you will he able to tell the controller what ports to turn on/off for feeding and water change.

Just remember you will need to wire the float switches. So you will need 22ga stranded wire. Either wire nuts or soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing and silicon to seal the connection. - typical float switch setup except you will be wired directly to RA without a relay.

You will also be able to control your lights instead of using a timer you'll use the standard lights function in ragen and tell it what ports and what time

So the basic controller will be able to do this for you

-ATO you can use both or one and can have it set up as follows

- ato high = tank level high, ato low = tank level low

- ato high = tank level

- auto high = tank level , ato low = resovior low warning

- monitor ph with probe also ability to control ph through use of kalk in top off

- control tempurature by setting Max and min temp

- control lights on/off

- on touch water change or feed mode enable to turn off designated ports

- ability to delay ports such as skimmer delay for coral feeding or phyto dosing ect

- ability to program auto liquid feeding using something like a toms aqualifter plugged into a port

I suggest going to the download page and reading through the controller manual to see if you would he comfortable plugging in the things as mentioned there. And also downloading a copy of RAGen and arduino installer to get a feel for it before you purchase. If you have any questions let me know or feel free to post on RA forums - Roberto and binder are always there to help

I hope you did not type all of this while driving :lol:

I did....haha was my spelling bad? It normally is ha aha...

House shell? Customized? Ninja...

I love how close you can get the pics of them, wish I could get that zoom (I need a Macro Lens) on my pics. :happy:

Did you delete pics? I am lost! :huh:

The Pause

Chalice

IMG_20120306_192041.jpg

IMG_20120306_191950.jpg

Monti Cap

IMG_20120306_191749.jpg

IMG_20120306_191831.jpg

IMG_20120306_191721.jpg

and finally 3 continuous shot

Acropora Spathulata

IMG_20120306_192130.jpg

IMG_20120306_192127.jpg

IMG_20120306_192126.jpg

Hmmm

Chalice.jpg

montipora.jpg

Spathulata1.jpg

I wonder what this phone camera could do with one of those little macro lenses for cell phones lol

I love how close you can get the pics of them, wish I could get that zoom (I need a Macro Lens) on my pics. :happy:

Now this makes sense! :lol:

Awesome lens on that phone Brad! Wow!

No lense! crazy! I know!

Now this makes sense! :lol:

haha oops ;)

I hope you did not type all of this while driving :lol:

Tsk tsk, Brad.

I wonder what this phone camera could do with one of those little macro lenses for cell phones lol

Magic.

In unison everyone, "oooo aaaahhh."

Archived