Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

Yea I know Ethan....seahorses....and fun stuff happening....if we like the house(if Brit likes the house lol) well be Lowering our rent 450.....which means 450 more to spend on aquarium #### lol.....

####!!!! How about a coldwater biotope? Octopus tank? NPS tank? Big Hawaiian biotope tank?

I'm a complete split between cats and dogs too.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno.....soon its been a couple weeks since the worm on the clam incedent...and well the anterior mantle that was effected along with the two anterior slopes beside it have not recovered and are on the verge of pinched.....so I'm prepping some rodi water for a 30 minute dip....ugh I'm gonna cry.

Lily is so disappointed in you right now :(

Tell her I still think she's the cutest kitty in the whole wide world! :happy:

Are those dried up snails?

Sorry to hear about the clam. I hope you can save it!!!!!

....nope theyre pyramids I pulled off the clam during the FW dip...and then scrubbed it..and moved the clam off the sand

pyramid snails....clam...pinched mantle...pfft :\

yea the house ended up being in the ghetto...nice house...but wrong area

Well that stinks! All this bad news...maybe Brit will make you some brownies to cheer you up ;)

Sucks...just one thing after another...#### the reef gods lol

I know you probably aren't in the mood to hear other people's problems, but can I ask you a quick question? Do you think it is better for me to dose buffer in my newly mixed saltwater before I do the water change...or add the buffer after it's already in the tank? I usually let my saltwater mix for 48 hours before I use it. So I'm making my saltwater tonight to use on Wednesday. If I add buffer to the mixing bucket, I would do it tomorrow. What do you think? So far I've just been adding it to my tank right after I do the change. Does it make any difference?

Better to adjust while mixing, that way once its in your tank it isnt like a double swing. and when you add it to your tank it will be where it should be, and it will raise your tanks level from the used ammount it currently sits at...

When I do my rare waterchanges - I adjust the small ammount in the bucket vs having a upward battle of trying to get my params back in check in the main tank

Aside from finding 3 pyramids and moving it off the sand away from they're home - the clam did extremely well. First 3 hours were terrible after the dip. Around hour 4 or 5 the clams inhalent siphons filaments extended back out and was no longer gaping. Also around hour 6 it started to extend its mantle to the edge of its shell without signs of pinching. Im at work so I wasn't home for the sunrise and I'm unsure of its state and how/if it extended its full mantle today. Sunrise was at 10:36 today...so I'll take some pictures when I get home of day 1 after a FW dip

Better to adjust while mixing, that way once its in your tank it isnt like a double swing. and when you add it to your tank it will be where it should be, and it will raise your tanks level from the used ammount it currently sits at...

When I do my rare waterchanges - I adjust the small ammount in the bucket vs having a upward battle of trying to get my params back in check in the main tank

I knew this made more sense but wanted to confirm that thought with the chemistry wiz :) Thank you!!!!!

Oh and sounds like so far so good with the clam fingerscrossed

I knew this made more sense but wanted to confirm that thought with the chemistry wiz :) Thank you!!!!!

Oh and sounds like so far so good with the clam fingerscrossed

Thanks and any time Gena!

I hope your clam gets better :unsure:

(trying to keep a straight face)

Here I'll make it worse...my clam had PMS hahaha

I've missed quite a bit here... looks great Brad. Is Cooterous Maxima, please with the new placement :P

:lol: That name!!!

It looks like it's just floating there.

Did you drug your cat again???? :lol:

Archived