Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha nah just the two secondary tanks felicia...a biotope on each side with mixed reef in the middle. And possibly a mantis in the sump fudge and I'll be done. I don't wanna get multi tank syndrome which is why I wanna keep it all as one system. I will however need to upgrade my skimmer

Haha nah just the two secondary tanks felicia...a biotope on each side with mixed reef in the middle. And possibly a mantis in the sump fudge and I'll be done. I don't wanna get multi tank syndrome which is why I wanna keep it all as one system. I will however need to upgrade my skimmer

Love this! Such a cool idea. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lol yea me too - as Gena said I had this idea about a month ago but now it's starting to come to fruition and even better then the original plan. The only thing I'm having trouble figuring out is how to hang the light fixtures for the secondaries without obstructing view of the display.

I may have to hang high and get 20 degree optics...

Oh, and I keep my TV volume on even numbers.

Multiples of 5 for things like volume, multiples of 3 for things like swipes of deodorant, sips of a drink, number of paper towels to dry hands.

I had a brick in college that I made a point to step on all 4 years.

surgicalsense

.. I always cut the tops off of my bread and chip bags :wacko: when they are almost empty.

I only run up steps and always skip a step every step....and I do the multiples of three for deodorant too haha...

I have a pregnant sexy shrimp...

I like the leds. Better coloration. And intensely brighter....I will take a picture from across the room later tonight so you can see the difference in intensity. The t5 is a 4 bulb fixture...I can honestly say that the t5 made my aquarium look dull and barely lit even sitting less then an inch above water surface vs my leds 12inches off the surfacr

Depends on what type of bulbs used. When I get SPS frags from a led lit tank, they look a bit dull in my setup, but it's the opposite when I get frags grown under MH. All I know is, leds definitely enhance the fluorescence in corals, making them "pop". But, do corals actually color better under leds than mh/t5, is the arguable question. Looking at the trend with so many switching back from leds, maybe it's been answered already?

All I know is, leds definitely enhance the fluorescence in corals, making them "pop". But, do corals actually color better under leds than mh/t5, is the arguable question. Looking at the trend with so many switching back from leds, maybe it's been answered already?

What is present in LED technology that is absent in MH technology that produces this 'pop' you speak of?

I always thought the fluorescent 'pop' in corals were due in part to the UV produced with metal halide.

Is it a particular color of LED?

Both technologies are single light sources, which produces the shimmer we like so what gives?

I'm no expert of lighting technology but courious why some say LEDs 'pop' and others say MH 'pops.'

I count steps.

I also have a symmetry fixation.

I count lines!

Not that fixated....

Multiples of 5 for things like volume, multiples of 3 for things like swipes of deodorant, sips of a drink, number of paper towels to dry hands.

Mine is multiples of 4.... IDK why I like even numbers! :P

I only run up steps and always skip a step every step....and I do the multiples of three for deodorant too haha...

I have a pregnant sexy shrimp...

All that and no one noticed your slut is knocked up! LMAO :lol:

Both less and my pop and shimmer. The 380nm-445nm spectrum is what makes corals pop. If you look at a mh spectrum output - most of its light resides in this spectrum. Which is why I built my fixture around this spectrum. The T5 may have bulbs.in these spectrums, but the output doesn't produce shimmer and on all the t5 tanks ive seen in person they seem dull including my own

Siwelk the difference between mh and leds is mh has an arch of the entire color spectrum where leads are specific pieces of the color spectrum

Both less and my pop and shimmer. The 380nm-445nm spectrum is what makes corals pop. If you look at a mh spectrum output - most of its light resides in this spectrum. Which is why I built my fixture around this spectrum. The T5 may have bulbs.in these spectrums, but the output doesn't produce shimmer and on all the t5 tanks ive seen in person they seem dull including my own

IDK mine are not dull.... if anything I have more color then I did a month ago? Depends on the bulbs etc, IDK anything about LEDs though.

I don't mean dull like colors candy - I was used to seeing metal halide lit tanks and led intensity is on par with it..where t5s aren't as bright you know? Might just be me

I don't mean dull like colors candy - I was used to seeing metal halide lit tanks and led intensity is on par with it..where t5s aren't as bright you know? Might just be me

Oh I get it! NM Yeah I actually like the softer feel of the T5s VS the BAM blinding light. Mine seems to be as bright as some LED tanks..... Guess it depends on the fixture etc. I have a bunch of reflectors (one for each bulb) in there too now so that may be what I am seeing. ;)

I spray myself 3x w/ cologne, Axe, etc.

So consistently that others have taken notice.

Siwelk the difference between mh and leds is mh has an arch of the entire color spectrum where leads are specific pieces of the color spectrum

So the focused intensity of a single peak spectrum is what generates the 'pop' from LEDs?

Thanks.

I might of blacked out a little there.

Didn't mean to get all serious up in hee ah.

Its cool but yes the separation and peak of certain parts of the spectrum are what cause the pop like metal halide. Notice here the peaks of a 12k mh bulb. Similar to the peaks on my fixture

metalhalidelampsfigure1.jpg

What is present in LED technology that is absent in MH technology that produces this 'pop' you speak of?

I always thought the fluorescent 'pop' in corals were due in part to the UV produced with metal halide.

Is it a particular color of LED?

Both technologies are single light sources, which produces the shimmer we like so what gives?

I'm no expert of lighting technology but courious why some say LEDs 'pop' and others say MH 'pops.'

I'm not an expert in lighting either, just stating what I've noticed thus far with SPS frags I get. Frags picked out from a led lit tank, looked more vivid while in the tank. The difference is noticed immediately though when I place the frags in my tank, which is t5 lit. I noticed the exact opposite when I place some of my frags that have been growing for months in a led tank, they pop like I've never seen before. I'm sure light produced from mh/leds may look the same, but spectrum is not. MH full/leds narrow.

Reason they don't look as vividly when coming from an led tank is the coloration is built upon the spectrum it receives along with intensity

So basically you're just using LEDs as a concentrated source of a particular predefined peak spectrum whereas MH can't really be adjusted at this level. A MH bulb gives you 'this spectral output' and using LEDs you can dial in an additional peak at 420nm or 660nm or whatever.

Archived