Top Shelf Aquatics

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

Haha I know! I always wondered where that first poster went off to ;)

Thanks twilton!

So tonight I'm gonna go pick up a cube...and some rock. I'm not sure I wanna get rid of these awesome clowns however I do need to separate them from the rest of the livestock. Wish I knew where to get bulkheads locally. I don't wanna wait to have to drill the secondaries

Oh the fun...to come this weekend

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha yea I feed phyto fertalizer haha

Thanks dfc. I love them too but they're pissy haha...the female is the biggest biotch ever.... I really wanna smack the #### out of her...but she's to fast haha

Lol. Serious! My female bullies the male a lot. They were fine the first two months, total honeymoon period, but now she attacks him. I read that when that happens, she's preparing him to mate and/or she's pregnant/knocked up. Lol. Let me know if you ever breed some. I might be willing to buy a pair of black ices. Haha.

Speaking of smacking the female... Here's a funny true story. I tried training my female to stop bullying my male by chasing her with the net every time she chased him. The result was her doing the shake to me. Lol! But after that. I realized... This is wrong. I'll just let nature do what nature does best and stay out of it. Heh.

Btw. I dont usually subscribe to threads other than 10-12 gallon nanos. But yours definitely caught my attention. So I'm subscribed!

Yea I think so. I initially had the idea of a frag and mangrove tank. I'm thinking frag and clown fish/rose bubble & metallic green anemone tank now...

Thanks for the kind words dfc. The female has been attacking my helfrich mandarin and assessor. So I'm more so worried about they're health.

The new tank will still be connected to the main system.

Also someone named the zigzagging

We opted for it to be called the do-me-shuffle

So tonight I'm gonna go pick up a cube...and some rock. I'm not sure I wanna get rid of these awesome clowns however I do need to separate them from the rest of the livestock. Wish I knew where to get bulkheads locally. I don't wanna wait to have to drill the secondaries

Oh the fun...to come this weekend

:D

phi delt reefer

looking good man.

you should get the dosing extension for the RA and have the system auto dose phyto for you during lights out. I'm thinking of doing something similar but i want to see if the phyto really does help in sps growth. Only on day two of phyto dosing but we'll see :D

I actually have the dosing pumps but they aren't hooked up I'm in the process of building a phyto reactor for that purpose. Phyto = rotifers = spsfood ;)

Guess who just got a quote for a 10ft x 10ft x 16in tank w/ 5ft x 3ft x 6inch frag tank and 5ftx3ft x2ft sump w/ 3ft x3ft x 3ft cube refugium with metal stands

Are you going to be one of those people who designs a house around their display tank, which is the centerpiece to the living room and is plumbed to the fish room in the basement below?

If so, I am very jealous of you, sir.

When you walk in the front door it will be the display tank diagonally in front of you with a 4.5 ft stand so tank is at chest level. Floor under the tank will be welled 2 ft so it will be a 6.5ft room underneath the tank. Behind the tank will be two parallel walls with walkway in the middle. And the kitchen with long breakfast bar and a 18ft wall of 3ft pane windows.

Got lots of stuff to figure out with the loan. Can it be rolled into mortgage like a pool. Concrete slab poured or flooring. Finding land. Finding a contractor. Find architect to do blueprints. Finalize design of system sect ect

Archived