Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im half tempted to get the blood orange hammer to go in the Y of the lemon hammer

2b8038ac.jpg

Do it. I wish I had room in my tank for some of those colonies, they're amazing!

jedimasterben
I told the wife to 'check out this hammer'. Her response?

'Looks like a wang'. :D

It may look like a wang, but I still want a piece of it!

:naughtydance:

Oh man! Bummer on the nitrate. Glad everything made it with the 100% blood transfusion!!!!!!

BTW how did beta test goon that other nitrate tester????

That lemon peel hammer is a find! go Dr Mac! And the colony of acro also. Very pretty. Britt takes the cake however for being the prettiest picture on your thread.

What are you doing with all that GFO that you are no longer using? What kind is it and care to sell it?

Wow! Britt = beautiful mother colony. When are frags coming?

:happy: Love that!

To this, two replies came to mind:

1) If he is, where the hell can I get a pair???

2) I think they are just his eyes, and you know what they say... you are what you eat....

:haha:

:lol:

Well your new corals are just awesome! I saw a yellow hammer colony for sale the other day but I don't have ANY room for anything else right now.

Love your tank man, glad all is in check now as well. B)

surgicalsense

Your tank has come together so nicely and that hammer is very unique in its shape from the base of it. Looking good, Brad :D

I can't tell by looking if something is off with Nitrates. Right now in my 55g they are about 40ppm and won't come down. I keep doing water changes and still they stay. When they do go down, it is only to about 20ppm then right back up by next water change.

Anyways, glad to hear you got your in check.

Haha thanks Kat. I was using Rowaphose in the 100ml. There's maybe two teaspoons left lol not worth a buy IMO. Still doing homework on what phos media to switch to

Zeph uses an aluminium based product, you'll have to ask him, he refuses to use the iron based products as you can imagine. He also uses phos removing filter pads from drs f&S. I'm on the hunt too, he tested my water for me:

Phos 1.0+ppm which could explain the browning in that SPS.

Calc 500+ppm

I just ordered the CPR nano reactor and am looking for GFO without ordering the 2 pound pack when I only need 2 teaspoons.

surgicalsense

... and eveything and one is accounted for? filtration is in check and is working to par? ... any ideas outside of the box and in the grey area ;) ... You did mention you haven't had to change the water, maybe you have to now?

I couldn't image what and why?

surgicalsense
Yea I know why kat haha...

And I dunno SS unless my nitrate reactor crashed. Or who knows. I changed the media this weekend just incase. Anything that has passed in the tank has been eaten within hours. I honestly just don't know. The only thing I do know is the checker and The previous test kit were giving false readings. I did a thorough cleaning this weekend cleaning out both fuges, reactors, skimmer, new socks, cleaned overflow tubes. And all three sand beds cleaned in the process of doing the 6 10gallon changes. I got 20 more gallons brewing with heaters and bubblers dosed up to tank specs right now to do another change tonight. To get the trates down to 0-5ppm.

If my math serves me right as I stated before since my last water change nitrates were rising about 4.5ppm/week if my nitrate reactor didn't crash(who knows) then I either have to cut back my feedings or do twice weekly 50% changes or daily 14% changes to keep up with the nitrate production. Considering switching to biopellets if the denitrate media doesn't continue what it used to do after I have given it two weeks for the new media to colonize

You know my other guess was the sand bed ;) How would you know if it crashed? Is there other ways to tell besides the nitrate spike?

Just skimmed through the last 10-15 pages. Sooo much going on! It's exciting. I can't wait to watch the new tank builds. Your stuff is awesome as usual. I love the multi-colored euphyllia colony idea.

surgicalsense
Lol I may still be able to incorporate it somehow...

I just thought the starry blenny idea was pretty cool. Do what you want, darlin .... it is your awesome box of water. Have you even checked out my dendra? Probably not :lol:

surgicalsense
Damn a pair to! And I'm horror able cause I can't catch up lol

Now I am confused :mellow:

Archived