ReefCleaners.org

Tristan's Reefer Nano

TristanC

Another update, echo tech sent me a new mp10 to replace my broken one, and its an mp10w es! i was pretty stoked that they upgraded it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Image-2.jpg

The anemone is acclimating at the moment. I also moved most of my corals to the left side of the tank and created an area for the anemone to move around with plenty of spots to anchor to on the right. My clowns are going to love it!! (I hope) more pics coming in a few minutes

Image-3.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic, my girlfriend took her camera home so i had to make due

I had a perfect area planned out for this guy, and of course he went right under some palys. So far nothing has happened to them and I'm just going to leave them alone.

Well went down to the lfs today and picked up a couple things.. First i got a really nice little frag of some kind of zoanthid that i thought was beautiful, not really sure what the "name" is but i will post pictures after they open up. Second i got a very nice acropora colony, it is a nice blue color that looked very healthy in the tank. Again pictures coming after it is acclimated and in the tank.

Better post some pics of that blue! Thing was badass. Also I think those are spider man zoos. I got a huge colony. Hahahhaa wanna know what the best part was. I glued that frag together. I was mixing all the colors and was going to let it really grow out. But your broke it apart :/ hahahah nice tank. O and new zoas come in on sunday 6 boxes. Come get them!

Ha ha yeah your glued together rock was nice but i already have so many green zoa's. I will for sure come in and grab some new colors for my little zoa garden, also i will post pics as soon as i can get around to it ha ha.

Ha ha yeah your glued together rock was nice but i already have so many green zoa's. I will for sure come in and grab some new colors for my little zoa garden, also i will post pics as soon as i can get around to it ha ha.

Where are those pictures!

Thank guys, and evan I'm working on the pics, all i have is my iPhone and i don't think it does my tank justice. Ill put some up anyways though lol. My girlfriend calls my zoa garden "her pretty flowers" lol

Well here are some pictures that i took today. Unfortunately i don't have my girlfriends dslr camera so my iPhone will have to do for now.

--Zoa Garden--

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

--Side Shot--

IMG_1160.jpg

--Purple n Pink Ricordia--

IMG_1161.jpg

--Red Montipora Cap Showing crazy growth after only one month--

IMG_1162.jpg

(Note how it is encrusting on the rock, its about a half inch wider on all sides)

--She Loves Her RBTA :)--

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

--Ride side--

IMG_1169.jpg

--Acan--

IMG_1174.jpg

--Acropora--

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

(Im not sure what the exact type this acropora is so if you know please let me know!!!)

Thanks for looking, leave my plenty of comments, feedback, criticism, whatever

What would you guys/gals suggest, getting another 20H and having an overflow built into it, then transferring everything over. or get a hob style overflow. Im going to be adding a sump soon so what do you think?

Yeah I've looked around at different ones, alot of them seem really bulky which I'm not a fan of. I did find this one but it is a bit pricey, i think buying a new tank and having an overflow built in would cost quite a bit less, but with the overflow box i can keep it when i upgrade....decisions decisions.. Lets hope other people chime in here.

Well I have done some research and have read that the u tube overflows are less prone to problems and overflowing the tank or sump and I now that a lot of people will say that you usually don't here the words HOB overflow and less prone too overflowing in the same sentence but that is what I have read as that is what I am going for. The u tubes auto start and the ones that you were looking at need an auto lifter or some type of pump to start the siphon. That might have been too long of a rant but I hope there is something good in there. :)

Ha ha rant away if the info is useful. I know that the hob style overflows are prone to, well, overflowing but i thought with the one i suggested if a pump is added, say the tom aquatics aqua lifter, the likelihood of it overflowing would be less. I dunno ha ha. Its seems no one else has any input either.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Tristan's Reefer Nano

Archived