Pod Your Reef

Shallow (Now with 100% less rim) Pics pg22

Shallow

I just went into my room, looked at the tank and couldnt find two of my chromis's. I looked all over and found one, dead, in my overflow box... :angry: Now i think i want a nice show peice fish... any suggestions?

Sorry for the loss man. Given all of the swimming room you have id recommend a vibrant species of flasher wrasse or maybe an anthias(just one though)

p_75683_carpenters-wrasse.jpg

p-80555-Bartletts-Male.jpg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooo.. very sexy. I forgot his user name but he had a tank of the month... it was a shallow 47gallon or something and he had some nice anthias.

So, with the GFO are you supposed to use it in a reactor?

Not necessarily. You can keep it in a media bag in a HOB or Canister, as long as there is water flowing through it and the particles are not grinding too hard against each other it will work. A reactor is the most efficient, but isn't necessary.

oooo.. very sexy. I forgot his user name but he had a tank of the month... it was a shallow 47gallon or something and he had some nice anthias.

oh your talking about AJ...im not sure what happened to him. And yep you can just passively float it in the sump. It works just as well.

So our family is switching from instant ocean salt to Reef Crystals, i know its still instant ocean. we couldnt pass up the deal we got on a 5gal bucket. Is this a change for the better?

After x mass... i think i will get aquastyles 36 dimmable kit. Should this be enough light? I like my t5's but i love leds and want that shimmer. I'm just full of questions. aint I?

I just cant make up my mind. Becuase i got the nice t5 bulbs not too long ago, i think i should get an led strip to go between the two fixtures... i know theres alot of them out there, but im not sure which ones are good or preffered. I want it too double as a moon light too.

and this is Kenny from my parents tank.

DSC02536.jpg

Love the pic of kenny....great composition.

After x mass or maybe before. i Think i want to start a ricordia garden... theyre so pretty.

Sounds like a good idea i just upgraded mine and its looking quite colorful.

So our family is switching from instant ocean salt to Reef Crystals, i know its still instant ocean. we couldnt pass up the deal we got on a 5gal bucket. Is this a change for the better?

You probably wont notice a difference.

I just cant make up my mind. Becuase i got the nice t5 bulbs not too long ago, i think i should get an led strip to go between the two fixtures... i know theres alot of them out there, but im not sure which ones are good or preffered. I want it too double as a moon light too.

You should check out reefbrite i used it on my last fixture and it was a great supplement to my halide/t5 combo.

New FTS in the first post.

Looks great love all the open space.

Reef Crystals just came in. laugh.gif

Now go do a water changetongue.gif

Already did my water change haha... I like doing water changes, its like my one on one time with my tank. Im usually pretty busy with wrestling. I hate cutting weight. :angry:

I know i keep changing my mind about certain things i should get for my tank, but im pretty sure i will be picking one of these up after x mas. (Kessil a150W)

The coverage should be perfect for my (24"x24"x12")

So... After x mas i plan on getting a 15k kessil a150w, Will this be enough to cover my tank? (24x24x12) and i want to make sure this will be enough for pretty much any coral i throw in there.

More input the better.

Archived