SaltCritters.com

Shallow (Now with 100% less rim) Pics pg22

Shallow

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Marine Snow be a good choice for feeding the maxima? I havent been spot feeding it, but ive been feeding the tank Marine Snow every once in a while to mix things up.

bwoodward0012

Looking really good. Love the dimensions and minimal scape. Have seen your light combo in person from a fishneedit 4x24w over a bc29 with some light hungry sps and i love the color and growth he's gotten so far, so im sure yours looks awesome in person. Sounds like you will do fine with sps. If they start consuming a lot of calc and other elements i would suggest trying seachem reef advantage calc, mag, and stront. But for now your params seem spot on, and frequent water changes should help keep them there. Good luck.

I had to move him on the sand because one of my hermits or snail knocked him off the rock he was setting on before he could attach himself.

DSC02493.jpg

I really want to get some sps, but none of our LFS's keep them regularly and im scared to try to order online. Is there any online sites that you guys prefer?

Tommorow im getting a little frag of blue millepora, it looks healthy but its brown. So im hoping when i get it itll color up under my lights. Could you guys give me an estimate of how long something like this would take to "un-brown"? Given good water perameters.

I've been thinking about a UV Sterilzer, would this help nuisance algae problems?

I think you should get one to help reduce free floating parasites and bacteria but it wont help you get rid of nuisance algae.

Really nice clam BTW

I really want to get some sps, but none of our LFS's keep them regularly and im scared to try to order online. Is there any online sites that you guys prefer?

I prefer live aquaria and reef gardener.net

Tommorow im getting a little frag of blue millepora, it looks healthy but its brown. So im hoping when i get it itll color up under my lights. Could you guys give me an estimate of how long something like this would take to "un-brown"? Given good water perameters.

Well every frag is different and has its own recovery time but it usually takes a few weeks but in some cases months.

Im having a hard time trying to find a rather cheap digital camera with a nice white balance and macro mode. All of the pics ive taken are not to my liking and I cant afford a cool DSLR. Could you guys give me any suggestions? Thanks

Sweet looking clam. Yeah, I've been wondering if I should get this nice Maxima that I've been eyeing locally. I may have to pick it up, now.

Maybe ill wait to get a camera... i found out how to take some half way decent pics.

DSC02528.jpg

DSC02517.jpg

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

The feather duster is in my parents nano cube

DSC02525-1.jpg

I just went into my room, looked at the tank and couldnt find two of my chromis's. I looked all over and found one, dead, in my overflow box... :angry: Now i think i want a nice show peice fish... any suggestions?

as you may see from some of my pics I have a pretty good amount of hair algea... how would i get rid of this? Would it be phosphates? I know some species of starfish need a good amount of algea to eat off of, plus ive been wanting to get one, any pointers or suggestions would be great.

None of the algea has been getting on the rocks or corrupting the corals, i just want to get the tank super clean and crispy.

as you may see from some of my pics I have a pretty good amount of hair algea... how would i get rid of this? Would it be phosphates? I know some species of starfish need a good amount of algea to eat off of, plus ive been wanting to get one, any pointers or suggestions would be great.

None of the algea has been getting on the rocks or corrupting the corals, i just want to get the tank super clean and crispy.

If you dont have high nitrates then phosphates are definitely the culprit.You need to keep your phosphates super low to where nuisance algae cant survive. Getting your phosphates down to 0.02 will kill off most algae. GFO is your best weapon at bringing it down quickly. First get yourself a good test kit (i recommend the hanna phosphorous checker) as it was designed for reef aquariums and is more accurate than the phosphate model. Test your water, use recommended amounts of GFO for your water volume and be sure to replace the GFO often as it tends to exhaust quickly. Once your phosphates drop to a certain level the algae literally starts to wither and die in front of your very eyes.

Archived